News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

Drama's Devilish Dungeon Delve! (Polling The Players)

Started by DRAMA, September 07, 2011, 03:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRAMA

Quote from: Schafflyne on September 25, 2011, 11:37:41 PM
That's a lot of damn domains.

I'll give that tool a try, because I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to come up with names.

~Edit~
On second thought, that tool didn't really help me. I can point you in the direction of a good random name generator.

http://www.behindthename.com/

The generator I listed wasn't and isn't supposed to make everything for you. If you generate lists of ten at a time, it will come up with stuff like "This god of animals is..." and will continue on, so that's easy to plug into the Animal Domain. The "Behind the Name" site is good, but it's not made for fantasy/fictional names, they're all names that are of people or deities that people have/do follow. However, it is a great resource that people should have bookmarked for all those occasions where you have everything for a character save for a name.

Thanks for sharing that. Now, on to skimming my huge text file of already saved deities. :D

TakodaVega

I was bored and made some xD

Animal Domain: This courageous goddess of wildlife takes the form of a crone. She is inhumanly tall and has an elegant build. She has no hair, but instead her head is covered in bony plates. Her large eyes are orange. She has orange skin covered in moving tatoos. Her outfit is made from animal hides, and is that of a robber. She carries a satchel of books. She has eight faces, but not all on she head. She has six arms. She can age animals, making them younger or older.

Death Domain: This goddess of dying takes the form of a young woman. She is very short and has a thin build. She is bald. Her droopy eyes are black. She is usually portrayed as wearing an impractical costume made from the bones of a dead goddess, and various pieces of jewelry. She has blue skin. She carries a sword-breaker. She has no shadow.

Earth Domain: This paranoid god of earth takes the form of an adult man. He is very tall and has a broad-shouldered build. His hair looks more like it is sculpted from rock than styled. His slitted eyes are red. His body looks as if it was sculpted from rock. He is usually portrayed as wearing an impractical outfit that is mostly gold in color, and which is covered in zig-zag designs. He carries a clock. He has five eyes. He has arms that split into three arms at the elbow. He sometimes takes the form of a puma.

Fire Domain: This pragmatic god of flame takes the form of an older man with the traits of a flying squirrel. He is very short and has a thin build. His round eyes are peach-colored. He is usually portrayed as wearing a mysterious uniform (which incorporates triangle designs) and various amulets. He carries a bell. He leaves behind a trail of fire wherever he goes.

Healing Domain: This peace-loving god of healing takes the form of a teenage boy. He is very tall and has an angular build. His large eyes are green. He has light-colored skin. He is usually portrayed as wearing a tight uniform that is mostly iron-gray in color. He also wears a talisman. He carries a holy icon. He emits a healing light. He sometimes takes the form of any of the great healers of history.

Knowledge Domain: This god of scholars takes the form of a mature man. He has a broad-shouldered build. His slanted eyes are red. He has black skin. His outfit is covered in rune designs, and is that of a professor. He carries a guidebook. His nose is elegant.

Law Domain: This god of lawyers takes the form of a mature man. He is tall and has a feminine build. He has night-black hair worn in a style that resembles a rooster's crest. His eyes have no pupils or iris. He is usually portrayed as wearing a plain uniform that is mostly milky-white in color. He has crimson skin. He carries a human heart. He sometimes takes the form of a living sword.

Moon Domain: This sleazy goddess of the moon takes the form of an older woman. She is very short and has a narrow build. She has ebony hair worn in a complex style. Her large eyes are blue. She has dark skin. She is usually portrayed as wearing a plain suit of armor that is mostly black in color, and which incorporates spiral designs. She also wears a hood. She carries a satchel of books. Her hands have stubby fingers. She can vanish or appear easily.

Sun Domain: This introverted goddess of sunlight takes the form of an adult woman. She has an amazonian build. She has white hair worn in a style that resembles a cascading waterfall. Her deep-set eyes are iron-gray. She has dark skin. Her outfit is made from human souls, and is that of a magician. She carries a crescent. She can strike down creatures of impurity and darkness.

Travel Domain: This intelligent god of portals takes the form of a young man. He is tall and has a slender build. He has gray hair worn in a style that resembles a turtle's shell. His narrow eyes are turquoise. He has light-colored skin. He is usually portrayed as wearing a classy suit of armor (which incorporates gate designs) and a monocle. He carries a bag. He can transport someone anywhere, from one location to another.

Trickery Domain: This secretive goddess of trickery takes the form of a maiden. She is inhumanly tall and has a busty build. She has very long chalk-white hair. Her almond-shaped eyes are chestnut. She is usually portrayed as wearing an attractive outfit that is mostly black in color, and which incorporates pentagon designs. Her skin is constantly changing colors. She carries a box.

War Domain: This goddess of battle takes the form of an older woman. She is very short and has an athletic build. Her wide eyes are olive-green. Her skin is like armor. She is usually portrayed as wearing an artistic costume. She carries a sack. She can impart an unstoppable berserker rage in worshippers. She sometimes takes the form of a whirling cloud of weapons.

Water Domain: This mysterious goddess of seas takes the form of a maiden. She is very short and has an amazonian build. She is bald. Her slanted eyes are indigo. Her body appears to be made of water. She is usually portrayed as wearing a complicated uniform made from solidified sea foam, and various rings. She carries a sundial. She has six arms. She can walk upon water as if it was dry land. She sometimes takes the form of a living wave.

Only in our sweetest lullaby do we realize how forsaken we are...
Because we're living in a fairy tale of lies.

DRAMA

Thanks Tako! I appreciate the help! As you'll see in the updated post, I've added the descriptions to the pantheon. I'll be working on alignments, portfolios, modifying spell lists to my tastes, and most importantly names. I'll get to working on the next round of questions in a day or so. I need to look up some items to make sure I'm able to use them. And please make sure you all have some sort of PDF reader. My list of house rules (and potentially everything concerning this game) will be distributed in .pdf format. :)

EDIT: Deities are up and listed.

DRAMA

Bleep Blorp Bloop Bleep Bloop

Thanks for sticking around for the latest installment of POLL THE PLAYERS!!! *applause*

For this round, you'll be voting on potential themes, environments, and levels of technology! This should be one of the final rounds of polling before you fine folks get to roll your very own characters! *applause*

Question #1

What kind of theme would you like to have for the game (you can pick two)?

The Pines - Typical fantasy theme
     Dunestalker - Desert theme
     Steamstream - Jungle theme
     High Seas - Ocean/Beach theme
     Special Snowflake - Mountainous/Tundra theme
     Bogger - Swamp/Bayou theme

Question #2

How large would you like the world?

Smaller than Earth - About half the size of Earth with continents the size of North & South America and various islands
     Earth Sized - A world the same size as Earth with similarly sized and spaced continents
     Larger than Earth - About twice the size of earth with more or equal amounts of continents as Earth

Question #3

What level of technology would you like to have (does not include magic)?

Very Low - Stone tools and weapons, straw and mud huts/caves
     Low - Bronze tools and weapons, rough wooden huts
     Medium Low - Iron tools and weapons, long houses with thatched roofs
     Medium High - Steel tools and weapons, log cabins/simple brick and mortar homes with thatched roofs
     High - Steel tools and weapons with introduction of firearms, brick and mortar homes with singled roofs and glass windows
     Very High - Steel tools and weapons with introduction of steam-powered energy, beginnings of electrical appliances (light bulbs, telegraph, radio)

Question #4

Regardless of what level of technology you chose, would dinosaurs/prehistoric animals/dinosaur derivative people be welcomed by you?

Yes - Sounds like fun!
     No - No, thank you.
     No opinion - I don't have an opinion on the matter. You decide.

Question #5

Regardless of what level of technology you chose, would interplanar (between the planes) travel be welcomed by you?

Yes - Sounds like fun!
     No - No, thank you.

Question #6

Regardless of what level of technology you chose, would space travel (between moon{s} or nearby planet{s}) be welcomed by you?

Yes - Sounds like fun!
     No - No, thank you.

This concludes this round of polling.

DoctorRed

1)
I kind of like the Dunestalker stuff, but I could go for any of these, even if it were just regions where they were all seperate areas.

2)
I'm pretty indifferent mostly, but bigger would be neater. :3

This could be anything for me.

4)
Fuck yeah,  I welcome this.

5)
Yus.

6)
Meh, I don't care.

Super pumped~

Schafflyne

1. Rather than choosing a single theme, I think all should be included at some point.

2. Larger than Earth. Wanna' get those strange continents in.

3. I was thinking tech could be on a very high level, minus electricity. If not, medium high would be fine with me.

4. Sure. Dino-Rider does sound like a title. XD

5. No reason not to, really. I'm fine with it.

6. If it'll enrich the experience, why not?

Uriel Seraphim

Uri is back!!!

1.   The Pines
2.   Larger than Earth
3.   Medium-High
4.   No Opinion
5.   Yes
6.   No Opinion

<3 Sorry I've been away for so long!! <3 Misses everyone soo much! <3 

Monkey

Question 1:
I'm gonna have to say both the Steamstream and the Special Snowflake. But adaptability is the key of any of my characters.

Question 2:
Earth Sized or slightly smaller would work for me.

Question 3:
Medium to High

Question 4:
Fuck yeah.

Question 5:
DEATH TO THE MIND FLAYERS!!! I welcome them since it'd give me a valid reason to play a Psionic character. :lol:

Question 6:
Ehhhh....... Not so much.....

DRAMA

Forgive my lack of updates here. Dealing with some hardware and software issues (I caused, d'oh!). I should be up and operational here very soon. I'll update when I have better news! Thanks for your continued patience!