News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

In Concerns to Spam

Started by Administration Staff, June 28, 2011, 01:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Administration Staff

We're currently working on trying to find a modification for the forum to make the forum inaccessible to spam bots. In the mean time, if you find one, don't hesitate to report it to a moderator! We appreciate you guys seeing things that we may miss.

We're also looking for a mod to display the Spiders from Search Engines so that the occasional guest that pops up that seems to be head deep in your rp that you're wondering *who* they are you can actually see what/who it is. :)

TakodaVega

It looks as though my Spam Guard seems to be working swimmingly :)

For those of you who don't know, we're running off of BotScout's information hub that should keep the spammers away - Forsaken already has an API key so this SHOULD catch any spam that pops up from now on :)

However no modification is perfect, and some might slip by (though the liklihood of this is rare). If this happens do not hesitated to Report the post or the user to a Moderator or Administrator and we handle it.

I'm still working on trying to find a Internet Spider module so that we can actually see the Google spiders, as well as some others {Currently Forsaken apparently has taken some interest in Japan it appears}. I'll hopefully find something that will work for Forsaken.
Only in our sweetest lullaby do we realize how forsaken we are...
Because we're living in a fairy tale of lies.

TakodaVega

So apparently the Spider Mod that I had that took ages to Configure finally started to configure it's lovely self over 24 hours later. That was weird. Online lists are now displayed into 3 brackets: Members, Guests, and Spiders.

Of course the one spider that seems to frequent us the most seems to be NOT in the database yet. That would be the Baiduspider. It's harmless though it pops up the most often xD

*EDIT*

There was a Typo in the code. TAKO FIXED IT :D - but the general display shows a Spider as a guest [which it is it just likes scouring the forum :)]
Only in our sweetest lullaby do we realize how forsaken we are...
Because we're living in a fairy tale of lies.