News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

Greetings and salutations

Started by Mykhaila, June 21, 2013, 09:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mykhaila

I figured I would introduce myself here since I didn't seen anywhere else to do it unless I missed it. I will be working on character information soon, though it isn't quite so ease as many times until I work out scenarios with others I don't write my characters ahead. Though I do have a few on a wiki I made for tracking.

http://mykhailas-morsels.wikia.com/wiki/Character%27s

*waves* Hello, I am called Myko... female that's seen much and knows she'll be stuck seeing even more.

The year I was born saw the first female UK Prime Minister elected into office, the Walkman first released around the world, the creation of the first snowboard in the US, the average gallon of Gas was about .86 cents. There was snow in the Sahara desert for 30 minutes. Brighton's nudist beach in England was established. A few years later, my entire school watched the fated reports of the Challenger's crash and the loss of a local instructor that had given many a life role model.

I currently live in the eastern part of the United States, but that doesn't keep me from being on at random times as I never know when sleep will find me. However, my native language is English though I am hoping to learn some other languages.

I am bi-sexual, though one of my best friends would try to say I might as well say I'm gay despite the fact that I haven't been involved with a woman for several years. But yes, bi-sexual suits me extremely well. And seeing how I watch so many different things, I'd have to say I have no problems with other people's sexuality unless it gets into the weird like necro and bestial and such... then I'd be a bit grossed out.

As such I have found that it bothers me greatly when others judge the sex of the person behind the character rather than allow the merit of writing to be seen. So in plain terms, I could care less what sex or sexuality the writer is so long as the writing is capable of bringing the character to life. I write both men and women, gay, straight and bi... If the character speaks to me, I write it.

As to sexual preferences... I can be down right kinky if I trust the person I'm involved with... and in some cases my writing can be a big part of that sort of life as well... though personally I am not at all big on the anal bit and I have noticed that most times I reflect that with my female characters... but yet have no problem writing gay men... go figure.

One of my largest pet peeves is when there are people that craft a story around rape and slavery for nothing more than that aspect and not for enhancing other parts of a story. Having been a survivor of varying degrees of abuse, I find that if someone simply spends time exuding themselves with rape fantasies or slavery that never goes anywhere else that it puts a light on the actual acts that make people think it's okay. However, if it is written well and done as an enhancer to a storyline that is built on, I don't have a problem with it. I find that if I have to take a step back to remind myself that it's just writing that I can do that and still write.

Another major peeve is when people write the same type of character all the time and never attempt something new. I don't mean so much trying a new base character I mean personality. I have writing partners that have become so predictable that I find it tiring sometimes writing with them because their characters (all of them) fit a certain mold. It grew tiring always writing the seducer, the more dominant character. It is for this reason I am looking to take a break but am looking for mature based games.

I've been role playing online since the mid/late 90's. *feels old* Been doing written role play through snail mail with some friends since before then. I find a role play partner to be someone that you can bounce ideas off of, that tends to make you think, make you work to come up with a response, someone that can say, "Hey I think maybe we should take it in this direction instead of..." or "Hey, I'm a bit uncomfortable with where this is going can we shift it so..." They challenge you, make you sit up and look at their post and go..."Shit, now I have to think..."

*grins* I am a multi-paragraph role player sometimes writing novella depending on how challenged I am. Recently, I have experienced a lull in my muse's spark and it is effecting my writing in all areas including my own personal novels I've been working on. I am hoping that by becoming a part of a new writing community, somewhere there will be more of a spark again.
https://sites.google.com/site/mykhailasmorsels/ - A link to some of my collaborations.

CirindeFae

Oh deary. Wall of text. x3

Well....Greetings and salutations to you! Welcome to Forsaken! o wo I hope you can find exactly what you're looking for here. /nod//

You may call me Fae or Faekit. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. ^^ And have fun! <3~

Mykhaila

Thanks for the welcome, sorry it took so long.. apparently I forgot to set the notifications up so I'd get an email.
https://sites.google.com/site/mykhailasmorsels/ - A link to some of my collaborations.