News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

"A Lesson In Crimson" [Yami x Damon]

Started by YamiNoTenshi22, August 10, 2017, 09:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YamiNoTenshi22

Blood splattered on the floor, dripping down from the wound quickly. The cut was deep this time, but for the sake of it, not fatal, enough to feel again. The drips leaked into the crevices of the ground, following the lines carefully, only diluting with water falling from the moist ceilings and floors of the tunnel walls.

Landing hard on the ground; pain rippled through her legs. Deirdre stumbled to get up but was struck again. This time taking it to the head, a warm sensation ran down her cheek – wiping it away - she confirmed the sight of blood. Deirdre had seen so much of it this past hour she wasn't surprised in the least by its vibrant color. Sitting up, she forced a sarcastic smile despite her fear and pain.

He approached stealthy, smiling smugly himself."Would you like some more?" His usual, light and feathery hair was damp and clung to his sweaty forehead. Having lost his fedora long into the beginning of their fight.

'Good, at least I'm not the only one who's drained.' She thought with relief.'How much longer could this go on for?' His Tommy gun was held proud at his side, shining in the dim light. Deirdre could hear the soft pat, pat, pat of scarlet liquid dripping off of it. Her eyes widen a little for a second to realize that...it was her own blood. Who else's could it be, really?

As soon as he noticed her eyes weren't on him, he looked to where her attention was at that moment. "Heh, what do you know?" He raised the gun, watching her blood run down the length of the barrel, right to the pommel where it pooled and ran over once more.

"Get used to it." He sneered, "You'll see a hell of a lot more of it before I'm through with you. How dare you ruin me!"

She scowled,"Is that so?"

"Stop acting so snide, you know it's over for you. No one's coming to save your sorry ass. It'll all end here, and no one will ever find your corpse, you'll cease to exist...and even if you are found—" He smiled sadistically before continuing to stab, beat, and whatever else he can do to her with his Tommy gun. "No one will be able to distinguish who or what you originally were. That's if... You surrender now."

"Is that a threat or a promise? Stop acting all tough, on the inside you're nothing but a weak little bastard, and you know it! Using words as weapons! Despicable. If you mean what you say don't bother to tell me. Do it." She spat; standing shakily.

Her hip burned with fires' intensity. Laughing at her as his barrel's edge had ripped her skin like a fillet; blood trickled down her leg onto the already blood stained dirt below. A soft throbbing had set in on every other part of Deirdre's body, so sore, so hurt and tired. Yes, when you see her she looked so weak. Her eyes the darkest hues of blues, filled with pain and tears that no man has ever seen, her hair stained with blood in its fiery locks. Her skin a pale color and getting paler by the minute. Her figure was small but still held its own strength.

She looked up to see his face darken, "Fine then."

His small blade flew outward before Deirdre could react; it plunged right through her exposed shoulder. Making her throw her head back, screaming in pure agony that made the tunnels echo- hell possibly the entire lifeless area echo.

"See? You're not so tough after all." His velvety voice slurred making him smile to see more of her blood spill.

"S-So what? I don't care! If I have to climb out of hell to get you all I will!" Deirdre hissed, reaching up to her shoulder. Deirdre's fingers touched the cold metal and immediately pulled them away. It was deep, all the way through. Her very nerve endings could tell that much. Another scar, another wound to add to Deirdre's list that would take some good old TLC to repair — if she ever got out of here that is.

He grinned at her reaction and twisted the blade. Another scream ripped through Deirdre's lips as she fell to her knees before him. Pulling the dagger out roughly; she could hear his maniac laughs over her very own screams.

"And you thought you could come and get all of us? Daddy's little police girl can't do shit! Sleep little broken doll for you are going no where." He hissed as he backhanded her once more, making Deirdre fell to her side as pain spread more like wild fire. And then the realization sunk in... All of it. This was how she was going to die; alone. Anger burned in her, how could she have been so dumb? Leaving the States just to come to London to help her father with this case. She tried to keep her eyes for as long as she could.

'Hell have no fury like a woman scorned you bastard... I'll get this case closed one way or another.'

Welcome to Yami's Corner where the coffee's fresh and the flirting is just as hot~

^_ ~ May I take your order?

DamonHuntington

The scene seemed to unfurl right in front of Sebastian Michaelis's eyes - the participants, this time, being one of the henchmen of the cult that he pursued as a part of his contract and a woman that he had previously researched about. Deirdre was marked as dead by the members of the sect, all because she was placed, unfortunately, in a case that involved a prestigious person of the heinous organisation. Her time of demise seemed to draw closer and closer, as the time indicated by the blood droplets continued to tick in a constant, lethal pace. The scarlet liquid seeped into the cracks of the floor, intertwining the essence of two sworn enemies.

Still, the demon would not let his target leave unscathed, nor allow an important person for its demise perish without a fight. No, it was in his blood and duty to do what was agreed in the binding pact he made, and for that reason Sebastian would not rest until the task was attained.

As the henchman continued his monologue, the demon walked in the shadows in the search for a vantage point. He wanted a place where he could see but not be seen; a location with a clean line of fire for a swift kill. Still, he was not going to dispatch the target immediately, as he knew that some people were stupid enough to reveal crucial information before a murder - for that reason, he had to wait patiently until the flowing red liquid showed him it was time to act. While he awaited, his eyes lingered on Deirdre, assessing the character of the woman.

Deirdre seemed to be resolute, a woman that would not stop until her case was closed shut. Sebastian also thought that she had a strong identity, unwilling to bend to others capriciously or accept authority blindly. All in all, every single indicator denoted that the officer could be a great asset to getting to the bottom of the cult and cutting the vile roots that stemmed from its leader. "I need to find a way to keep her alive, for I cannot let her assistance go to waste", he thought to himself during his wait.

Suddenly, the time for action had arrived. The henchman did not give information as he expected, but awaiting longer would put the woman in a life-threatening situation - this was a risk that Sebastian could not take. With a swift motion, he slung the dagger that he acquired from the premises, slashing the neck of the assailant with surgical precision. A sputtered flow of red burst free from the gashing grievous wound, sullying the soil and splattering against Deirdre in a copious amount. The man dropped forward, his face slamming against the ground as his life essence escaped from his body.

"Please forgive my sudden entrance", said the demon with a devious grin in his face, reaching into his pocket to grab a needle and a thread. "I think it's best we patch these wounds now, so please stay still", he proceeded, in a tone that implied the command was more akin to an order than a suggestion. Sebastian slowly walked forward, knowing that he should not underestimate Deirdre's reactions, regardless of her current state.

"After all, those that feel like cornered prey can become even more vicious", he mused.

Click the signature to access my Request Thread.

YamiNoTenshi22

Sprawled and lying motionless on the floor, Deirdre began to stir from her unexpected quick slumber and realizing that every muscle in her body ached from the fracas with the zealous henchman and the heavy injuries. Reluctantly, she looked up, very much disoriented and dazed, and horribly fatigued.

Seeing a rather tall man, his clothes were dark as night yet he seemed so clean and elegant. He walked with purpose towards her and that alone made whatever blood remained in her run cold. She may not know what has happened to her assailant but she can easily guess that the other man was the cause of the henchman's demise. Could she be next?

As she looked around, she realized that her eyesight was still blurred, but one thing still caught her eye. The needle's point in the dim light, it's sharp tip made her jolt suddenly. Ignoring her pain and fatigue. No! Deirdre felt herself wanting to move faster than a leopard from the man. Even if he says he wanted to patch her up. She was not going to do it while she was awake! Not when she can watch it and feel so much of the prickling pain. Was he another of the zealot nutcase henchmen that was sent to finish her?

"G-Get back you fucking dick!"

Deirdre shouted moving back on her hands and feet as quickly as she could to where her small 38. shooter laid. Taking quick aim she fired several shots using up all her ammo as her eyes hazed in and out. But... Surely there was no way this man could be coming at her at such close range?!

"W-What? No. You're a fucking d-demon. You should be dead."

She then suddenly felt the violent spasm in her chest jolted her, immediately tightening up her airways, gagging, coughing and gasping for air all the while it made her hand drop her gun and hold herself as tightening pain gripped her entire body.

--and she woke up startled, gasping, immediately sitting up, her gasp was quick but in pain as her body was on a soft bed. Looking around she found herself in a small hospital.

'Just how long was I out for? Wait... Where is that man? He took me but for what purpose?'

Welcome to Yami's Corner where the coffee's fresh and the flirting is just as hot~

DamonHuntington

The woman seemed to think that Sebastian was yet another enemy sent to dispatch her; nonetheless, the demon was already prepared for this possibility. With a series of short steps the male detracted from the path that the bullets surged through, never moving one inch farther than necessary. The last bullet, which was directly aimed into his head, was swatted away with the back of his hand, lodging itself into the wall with a faint thud. Sebastian did not stop walking forward as he avoided the bullets, his face the definition of "perfect composure" as he seemed to be unfazed by all of the events that were transpiring.

"Do not worry, I am not here to hurt you", he stated with calm kindness. "I vow that I am at your side, and I do hope that you come to see that once you make a full recovery", Sebastian proceeded right before Deirdre slumped to the ground deprived of consciousness. The final steps that separated them both resonated within the premises as he drew closer and closer to the injured woman. The demon softly removed his gloves and stowed them in his pockets in order to prevent them from getting drenched with red.

Upon reaching the woman, he pressured his left hand against the largest wound to make the blood stop running. Simultaneously, he used his other hand to patch the other cuts and openings, closing them in a fleeting, fluid motion. The thread flowed seamlessly, tugging at the edges of each gash and bringing them together in a tight seal bound by black thread. Sebastian removed his hand from the most grievous opening, assessed the current state of it and slid his tongue against his own palm, savouring the taste of the blood with delight. "Hmm, as I thought", he noted to himself with a wry smile, his hands now working on suturing the incision in a precise demeanour. Deirdre's body seemed to be out of danger, but she needed to be placed into observation.

Sebastian carried the woman into the Royal London Hospital, stood right in front of the reception table and stated with urgency in his voice. "I am Dr. Cromwell, from the Kingston Hospital. I found this woman injured in the vicinity and have already provided all emergency care for her, but I require that you place her in a ward posthaste for observation", the demon said with a convincing smile, using his personal charisma to influence the staff into doing his bidding.

"Right away, Doctor", the nurse replied as she checked the sheet and attempted to locate a ward - but before she could finish the task, Sebastian leaned forward and whispered. "I urge you to find a place of utmost discretion for her recovery... after all, it is rather uncommon to see a young lady with these kinds of injury, would you not say so? I will contact the police personally, but in the meantime I shall trust your discretion in keeping the patient safe and far away from others in a private chamber", the man spoke with a grin that made clear he was not joking.

"O-of course, Doctor", the nurse stammered as she stood, motioning to the demon that he should follow her. "Right this way, please", the worker added as she walked down the hallway, her shoes leaving a faint sound behind with each step. Sebastian followed her closely until she reached the destination room: a quaint bedroom with a single bed, a chair and a nightstand.

"That will suffice. You may go now, I will take care of the preparations and ensure that our patient is safe. In case I need any medical supplies, where can I find them?", he boldly inquired as he laid Deirdre atop the bed, fluffing the pillow to ensure she would be comfortable once she woke up.

"I-I don't think that's my place to say, Sir. The Hospital, you see... it has a very rigid policy...", the nurse began to reply before she was abruptly interrupted. "I know that your hospital also does not want to be involved with the death of a person, especially so if the case turns out to be important to the police - do you not agree with me? I am aware that this is the kind of public image that can tarnish a fine establishment for a great time, and there might be even graver repercussions... if I were you, I would not want to lose my job over a bottle of rubbing alcohol; nonetheless, the decision is naturally up to you...", the man argued as the last words hung in the air, painting a picture of the dire consequences solely with the sound of silence.

"Oh. The supplies are down the corridor, third door to your right. I'll be taking my leave now, Doctor", solicitously said the woman now that the prospect of losing her job seemed to be on the line. With a nod of the head, Sebastian approved her departure and began to walk towards the supply room. Soon he returned with a bottle of rubbing alcohol and some gauze, using the implements to clean the wounds and, consequentially, evaluate the state of the sutures.

Satisfied with the results, he left the room and sat on a waiting bench located at the corridor, keeping an eye on the door to Deirdre's room.

YamiNoTenshi22

Deirdre held her head to keep her mind from swimming, just what kind of nightmare did she have? No, she clearly didn't have a nightmare- couldn't have. She was in those tunnels, with the suspect and they had a good scuffle. Although he did get the upper hand when he took out his Tommy Gun and used it as his butcher's knife and bat... The rest and as to how she got to here was a blur to her. She gently moved her other hand down to her side, feeling the stitching as she shivered. Yes, Deirdre had indeed received a through ass kicking that would last several life times but why couldn't she remember?!

Moving her legs she swung them over to the edge of the bed's side. Pushing the covers to the side as her blue eyes scanned the room. Surely one of the nurses would tell her? Gently she moved to push herself up, the dull pain spread from her side down through her legs, then back up her back. She gently opened the door seeing a rather tall man on a bench she tilted her head before closing the door again.

"Ok, I think I need to get the hell out of here. I don't have any time for this." She shuffled to grab herself a robe to cover her backside of the hospital gown making herself fully clothed before she gently and slowly made her way back out of the door once more.

"Look, doc. I don't know about you..." She stopped to notice his features making her hesitate to finish. He looked so familiar. Where had she seen him? Her mind tried to place him as she heard her gun go off in her mind but she shook the fogginess of her faded memory.

"I got to get back to the Yard, I'm Deirdre Lestrade, Perhaps you know my father Aedan? Head of the Scotland Yard?"

DamonHuntington

Sebastian opened a wide smile when Deirdre spoke to him. "I know plenty about you, Deirdre - if so you wish, consider myself as a private detective of sorts. I also know that we have the same enemy, which is the exact reason why you are here rather than slumped on the tunnel's floor. If you'd be so kind to follow me, I know a place where we can talk better", he stated as he began to leave the premises.

"I do not need to remind you that it's wise to remain unseen and, if possible, unheard. I used less than appropriate methods to check you in this hospital, so let us use the back door to exit", the demon spoke as he walked, without even glancing behind him to see if the detective was following. "Once we arrive at the destination, we can speak more freely", Sebastian proceeded as he opened the back door and held it ajar for Deirdre to pass.

"I know you have plenty of questions. Not here and not now", he ordered as he gazed directly into her eyes, closing the door as soon as she left the building.

Ten minutes later, they had reached a quaint building - its façade, built in red stone, made the construction blend in inconspicuously with the remaining of the surroundings located in that part of town. Sebastian reached into his pocket, produced a small key and opened the door to the building, motioning for the woman to enter. "Ladies first, if you'd may", he said with a smile, closing the door after they were both inside the building. The demon climbed the stairs until he reached the topmost floor and used another key to open a wooden door, revealing a small apartment beneath. "Welcome to my den. I urge you to make yourself at home, he said bemusedly, as if thinking of a joke that only he knew.

The apartment, albeit reasonably small, was equipped with a certain degree of luxury to it. The entrance room had a comfortable sofa and a quaint table in it, with a complete tea set resting atop the wooden surface. To the right side of the entrance room was an office, which had a large mahogany table in its centre with multiple pieces of paper lining its surface. A tall chair, bound in leather, and a bookcase filled to its capacity completed the decoration of the office, denoting the place as a location exclusive for work.

A cosy bedroom was located to the left side of the entrance, with a wide four-poster bed dominating a great share of the room. To its side a nightstand could be seen, despite its drawers being locked tight.

"We have plenty to do. Please come and ask your questions", Sebastian stated as he made his way to the office.

YamiNoTenshi22

Her head tilted more in confusion, so- the man she thought was a doctor was a Private Investigator as well? Did he work for someone else? Surely her father would know who he was then... Why not just go to her father then? Her heart started to pound as blood rushed to her head when she watched him walk a bit further away from him. Making her look back at the opposite side of the hallway; she could go to her father now and... Deirdre shook her head in quick frustration.

"God dammit."

Feet quickly caught up to the much longer ones of her... Well, she didn't know his name yet but she was going to get answers one way or another. And apparently soon, Perhaps she could say the man who found her. When he had opened the door for her, Deirdre stopped, not wanting to go any further before she had at least one answer.

"But-"

When he ordered she could only stare back, holding it for as long as she could before she only balled her fists. "Fine. But it better god damn worth my time." She stepped through the door, feeling the cool breeze as she hugged herself and stopped to look around to see no one had been around the back alleyways. "Lead the way."

Enervated as ever by the time she had reached the door of the building, her eyes weary but she gave him a small smile. Stepping through with a soft word of thanks to him, the building was cozy seeing as it was easily missable to which she could actually see how it would be a good spot to as he calls it 'Talk better.' It was a quiet district in the London area, and how weird that it was, in fact, close by to the Yard. The moment that she finally walked into his small flat, however, she felt... Unsure. The place was cozy in itself for certain, and it was neatly organized. But the fact of its decor had made her think that some of these items almost seem antique and not in the sense of bought antique but kept and well maintained. Surely that tea set...

The man's voice broke her train of thought like a sudden crack of a whip, he almost made her think of a ring master as he stated they had plenty to do. Making her glare in defiance, she crossed her arms feeling the fabric of the robe before leaning into one foot and cocking her hip.

"Yes we do, but before we do that I think I need appropriate attire. I am in a robe in case you have forgotten but I feel rather... Uncomfortable. And I am taking your offer of making myself at home." She spotted the wardrobe, opening it and looking through the neatly pressed shirts and dark pants pulling out random things before she took a shirt, pants, belt, and pair of socks.

"I'll be back."

Dashing to his bathroom that had been next to the wardrobe, closing the door quickly as she ditched the hospital garment with disdain. The shirt was, of course, several sizes long for her arms thus, making her fold the sleeves up past her elbows, as for her borrowed pants she had to thank god for taking one of his spare belts, using the very last notch to keep them up. Even folding them up past her ankles. When she returned after buttoning the last one on the bottom she sighed in relief.

"Ok, first question. Just who the hell are you? You said you knew me but I know nothing about you. I can't trust you to be on my side if I don't even know your name. Second, Just how did you know I was even down there? You can't seriously have been tracking me the last several months since I had started on this case. No one knew I was there, I didn't tell anyone and no one followed me. So try again."

DamonHuntington

The man awaited patiently as Deirdre changed into his own clothes, perusing the papers as she was getting ready to make sure he'd have the required proof to demonstrate his assertions. Suddenly, the woman returned to the office, wearing a shirt and a pair of trousers that were clearly not correspondent to her size. The demon slung back on his chair, heard her questions and began to talk.

"My name is Sebastian Michaelis. Pleasured to make your acquaintance", he stated with a charming smile as he interlocked his fingers. "Of course, this doesn't prove that I am on your side, but I hope this to suffice as a start - a sort of token that I desire no harm to befall on you... that is, if the fact I have saved your life is not enough", the demon spoke with amusement. "Now, come closer, I have something to show you", Sebastian stated and motioned with a curt nod of the head, sliding a paper across the table.

The paper had a series of names scrawled on it, some of them struck out. Among the names that were not crossed, the words "Deirdre Lestrade" could be clearly read.

"Now, it does not take a capable detective to understand what this list is. You have been marked as dead for being involved in a case that deals with a powerful cult; they want to take you out of the case in the swiftest possible way to avoid detection. Perhaps you recognise the names of the ones that have been culled, is that not right?", he inquired sharply. "The truth is that I do not want this cult to prosper. I am intent to take care of its leader, and the sooner the better. Ergo, what I'm proposing here is very simple: the enemy of my enemy is my ally, and that is exactly why I made sure to keep you alive. Can I count on your help?", Sebastian asked with a seductive grin.

YamiNoTenshi22

Deirdre blinked a few times as she heard the man's name, Sebastian Michaelis? It was almost sophisticated that she bit her inner cheek. Her eyes watched each movement he made even the statements about saving her life made her question more. Her mind didn't feel like she had answers to anything really, just more questions. How did he know where she was or even when to come to her aide? He couldn't just follow her all the time. Before she could even bark out her accusations he continued with a paper, making her stop in her tracks.

When Sebastian had wanted her to come closer she gave him a cautious look. Just what sort of thing could he have that the Yard didn't? Coming closer, by only arm's length she took the paper, pacing around his office as she read off the lists. Stopping to see her name and giving Sebastian a look.

So, that's what he wanted, to take out not just a few pockets of the cult but the entire cult from the roots. "Sadly I do know those names. Hence why I was down there. But if I am to help you I want to know what even made you start on this case to begin with? What do you want? You said to take care of the leader but you didn't give me the why. If you are a private investigator of sorts as you claim. Then... You're being paid."

She paced around the room, which she noticed a few new items at least something that would indicate one would buy if they had moved into the place. A piece of furniture such as a couch or a bed. "Now, If I am a betting woman you're not or can't tell me about your client but I'm going to guess it has to be a person who either lost someone on this list or is still in the cult. So, if you're in this for money then no. You can go fuck yourself."

Deirdre tossed the paper back, giving a rather delightful smirk, "But thanks for telling me that I'm on the right track. Doesn't matter if It nearly cost my life, it comes with the line of work I do. Now, if you don't mind I-"

She felt her head light, making her press her hand to her head. Perhaps the walk to his place after waking up wasn't the best idea. But she needed to get back to the Yard- tell her father...

"I need to get back to work. I'm sure my boss is going to give me an ass chewing for missing roll call."

DamonHuntington

The demon heard intently while Deirdre spoke about him being paid, but raised a finger after she was done. "Not quite. I am not getting paid any sort of money to investigate the case. I do it because finding the leader of the cult is important to the person that made this contract with me, so to say, and I aim to fulfil his request fully. That is an exchange of favours between me and him, because he has pretty much put his life on the line for me, and I am grateful for all he has done. That is it", Sebastian spoke with a soft voice and a satisfied smirk.

The man hunched forward after speaking, noticing that Deirdre seemed to be intent on leaving. "On the right track you are, but where will you go from here? You know who's marked for dead, but not where to find the next cult operative. You know that you have meddled with the wrong people, but still lack the knowledge on how to capture them for good. This, my dear, is something that I can offer to you", he stated while sliding a finger across the underside of her chin. "You have two options here: keep on treading blindly and risk not solving the case at all, or having my utter, complete assistance. I am assured you'll find the latter mutually beneficial, as we both have the same enemy", he proceeded with a devious smile.

Sebastian sat upright now, leaning the back against the tall chair completely.

"I will naturally let you make your decision, but I know deep in your mind that you already saw which path is the correct one. Why don't you tell me your proposal, and we start working from there?", the man chuckled.

YamiNoTenshi22

Listening to him was almost becoming a game between them, she was starting to feel that now. And, she is finding that she didn't like being on the losing side. Deirdre felt his soft cloth fingers touch her chin making her look down at his Dark Crimson eyes. Just what kind of man has this colored eyes? She's heard of odd colored eyes before but Crimson? Her Blue hues only stared back at him as a silence settled, watching him sit back on his chair.

So she had a choice, or was this an illusion of choice? Giving him another look she noticed more of his stature, the man can't be any more than six feet tall- much more taller than she was, She could only come up to just below his chest, that alone would make her want to keep her stance.

"I don't think so still because that's police business, so unless you're part of it then I suggest you keep yourself out of this case. Turn over any evidence you have to the Yard. Good Morning." She turned and quickly rushed out of the door having to get herself to the Yard as soon as she could. Stopping out to the street to hail a cab as her head became slightly lighter, wanting to just sit and rest, even if it was a little bit.
"What do you mean you chased after him?!" roared her father Aedan as she sat across the desk, his eyes bearing down not only her superior but as her father. Her posture wasn't one of lady like but more of a tired detective. She had her hand on her chin as she listened to him ramble on the protocol of backup, of keeping herself safe and most importantly to not just rush off on her days off without letting him know.

"Da. Stop. I'm not a damn little girl anymore." She gave him a weak smile to which Aedan only sighed, standing up and patting his daughter on the shoulder.

"I know little fairy but sadly, I have to put you on desk duty for two weeks."

"What?!" Deirdre protested before he waved in someone from outside his window, "I also am assigning you a partner. Sebastian Michaelis. He's been hired and started today."

She felt her face freeze before her face turned and look to see the same man before that very face contorted to anger. "You have got to be fucking kidding me. First desk duty and now a partner? Look, I can take care of myself I don't need a god damn babysitter." She growled storming out before more could be said of her father.

Aedan only sighed, looking at Sebastian and giving him a handshake, "Sorry, she's a bit headstrong but she'll come around. Kids are always a handful- Girls I tend to think are harder to raise. Both in physical sense and heart. I swear she's going to be the death of me someday."

DamonHuntington

Scotland Yard, One Day Before:

Sebastian entered the raucous building that simmered with the prospects of a new working day. The sound of the rotary telephones filled the air, each ringing acting as a harbinger of crime or a symphony of evidence. Still, analysing the state of the agency was not the demon's purpose for today; he needed to make his way into the room where decisions were made. In other words, he needed to find Aedan and hope that his plan would work, or at least improvise another solution.

With a knock on the door, Sebastian was prompted to enter into the very core of the organisation. Behind the desk sat a man that seemed to have a very resolute character and a passion for his function - signs that indicated that Aedan seemed to live for his job and to work as if his life depended on it. "Great, this means that the plan is likely to work", he thought to himself as he clutched the piece of paper that could determine his fate in the Scotland Yard.

"Detective Sebastian Michaelis reporting for duty, sir. I was transferred from the second location to here because of administrative reasons - the whole problem with the third building they are opening now. My orders are right here", he said confidently, handing the sheet of paper over to the chief so it could be assessed.

Aedan, however, didn't seem to be fully convinced by the explanation. "Who gave you the orders?", he inquired curiously. "They were sent to me through an internal memo delivered by Winston, sir. Still, they seem to have come from above - I believe that they came from John, if I am not mistaken? I do not recall the complete details; they told me that the orders provided would suffice", the demon replied as he used the strategy that he planned intently, as there were three high-ranking investigators with the name John in the Scotland Yard. If Aedan attempted to verify the paper provided, he would have an awful amount of work to get to the bottom of it - time that would be better spent in the investigation of cases.

By the expression of the chief, he seemed to decide not pursuing the matter forward. "Welcome to our place. It's not like we didn't need more people around", Aedan spoke as he reached forward with a handshake.

Present Time:

Sebastian was satisfied to see that what he devised seemed to follow the plan so far. Not only had he rescued a crucial person to the investigation, but also managed to enter the ranks of Scotland Yard and get partnered with the very detective he saved. Naturally, the success also contained a hefty dose of luck; nonetheless, the demon was happy to take these serendipities into his project.

"I understand that, sir. You can rest assured that I will take good care of my partner to the point that no harm will befall on her. Now, if you'll excuse me, I consider that my duty has already started and I do not plan to leave my teammate unattended", Sebastian said with resolution before leaving the room abruptly.

Upon meeting with Deirdre, the devil opened his most seductive smile. "Well, I believe that you told me unless I was part of the investigation, that I should keep myself out of this case - in that case, your words carried the weight of the future. Now that we are both partners, shall we discuss our next step?", Sebastian asked with a glint of sarcasm in his voice, his crimson gaze burning as he looked directly into the eyes of his newly appointed colleague.

YamiNoTenshi22

Once they had reached her desk she stopped to see Sebastian making her slam her hands on the corner of her desk, glaring daggers into his crimson calm ones. Deirdre had no idea how Sebastian even weasel his way into her father's department, let alone into the Yard. Sure she wasn't going to let him use her as he had everyone else.

"Look you damn bastard. I don't know how you did this or even why you didn't bother telling me you were part of the Yard. But it's making me not trust you even more." She strode forward, using her index finger to jab him several times as she growled.

"But you want to know the next step? Fine. Paperwork and a lot of it. Since I'm on desk duty so are you. We have fifty files that need to be done and I for one don't want to be stuck here until the middle of the night. I want to actually sleep, and consider that your easy first day that can be my thanks to you for the clothes." She stormed past him gathering all the folders from the other police officers and members of the department. Coming back to her desk and his that was next to her's she slammed down his pile, as she gave him a sweet mock smile.

"Here you are, get to it. Or does the fact you have this much is too daunting?"

She walked over to her own desk, picking up a folder and getting her own pencil and pen. Looking through the reports and getting the details down to it's proper protocol was probably the most boring parts of her job. Sadly it was one of the important ones when it comes to being a detective of the Yard.
After long hours of the day and many reports later she hadn't realized it was night out, much less how dark it was. Her eyes were heavy by the time she finished the last one. Shoving herself away from her desk and rubbing her eyes.

She wouldn't be surprised if her new "partner" had left long time ago. With her eyes closed she unbutton the first three buttons of the shirt she took from Sebastian. Scratching the back of her head before running her fingers through her hair. Looking outside she sighed, "Well, I should be getting home. It's late anyhow and I have a cute little man waiting for me. Not to mention a damn good shower is much needed."

Deirdre glanced over at Sebastian's desk, neatly organized and reports gone, making her smile. "Knew the guy was going to be long gone. Couldn't handle it. Don't blame the kid. Still... He's strange. But, I guess he's not too bad, I'll make it up to him tomorrow."

Cleaning up her area she pondered on Sebastian, if he did save her life then the gentleman wasn't that bad of a person but his motives and explanations just didn't seem to fit. She rubbed the exposed skin on her collar bone as she walked out, the place dimly lit in the hallway.

DamonHuntington

The dissatisfaction felt by Deirdre was somewhat amusing for the demon - in fact, her burning feelings and overall demeanour was in fact rather enticing, to speak the truth. Sebastian heard as she explained what was their duty for the day, which seemed simple enough; a few hours of cross-referencing and writing would take care of the matter. "Not at all... in fact, I believe I shall find the activity rather relaxing", he replied cockily when questioned about the volume of work.

He grabbed hold of a pen and started filling the reports swiftly, without stopping at any moment to retrace his reading or check the data. His mind recalled the information that he had read before, and because of that filling the gaps became a simple, albeit menial, task. Within less than two hours he had completed his share, whereas - as a quick glance towards Deirdre's desk would inform - his partner had barely reached a third of her work. This made the man chuckle with amusement as he stood up and left his desk. He had other matters to attend, and doing them while his partner was still at work could be very convenient.

The demon grabbed the door-knocker and hit it against the door, to which it was promptly opened by a servant. "Ah, hello, Mister Michaelis. The master is waiting for you in his chambers", stated the doorman. Sebastian thanked him with a curt nod of his head and walked directly to the room where the one that contracted him was currently located.

"I am satisfied to see you here, Sebastian. Tell me what happened so far", came the order from the other side of the table.

"I have managed to locate the operative we had as a target; suffice to say, Mister Pratt is no more. However, I have fortunate and unfortunate news regarding that: the fortunate news is that finding Mister Pratt led me to saving a member of the hit-list, Deirdre Lestrade. The unfortunate news is that I could not question Mister Pratt, as he is currently deceased. I needed to kill him in order to save Miss Lestrade's life, and now I shall follow the secondary plan to keep the investigation going. I also have infiltrated the Scotland Yard already in preparation for the alternative plan, hoping that it will bring results soon", the demon debriefed promptly. His boss did not seem content with the outcome of the events, but seemed to understand them.

"Then get back to your work. We don't want you to raise suspicion", the man that hired Sebastian replied.

"Yes, my Lord."

The work day was finally over, although for the demon his pile of duties had long finished. Owing to that, he used the spare time to help other detectives with their cases, offering insights and giving them execution ideas; he knew, after all, that building a good rapport with his colleagues would be a good initial step to amass more information.

Nonetheless, it was time to go home - and he expected to use the end of the night to talk to his partner. Making use of the shadows cast by the moonlit night, the demon awaited with his back leaning against the hallway's wall, just awaiting for Deirdre's presence. As he saw her walking down the premises, Sebastian suddenly left the shadowy location to reveal his presence.

"Took you long enough, is that not so?", he inquired with a smirk. "Are you ready to go home now?"

YamiNoTenshi22

One thing she hated about being alone in the Scotland Yard at night- the darkness was frightening to her. She didn't know why she had this phobia of it, even if it was a small case. But the idea of something lurking in the shadows almost made her feel like a little girl that was vulnerable. Clutching the folders tightly to her chest she walked down the hallway slowly, keeping her eyes wide and alert. Feeling her heart beating heavy, making her anxiety grow as her voice whispered softly in a hushed song.

"Tha i tighinn 's chan ann righinn
'S coireal, cridheil, gaiseil i."

Geig air mhaidean, geig air chnagan
Cochaill, mhachail, thraghannAH!.

She found herself jumping and dropping the files onto the floor, the remaining of what she could save clung to her chest tightly as her eyes only glared with deep daggers at her new "partner." So much for giving him a break now, a thought flashed her mind as suddenly her mouth spewed out her irritation and anger at Sebastian.

"Giotam tú leathcheann! Ba chóir dom a bhuilleadh do bhrainsí agus do dhalta a chaitheamh ar dhoimhneas ifreann." (You goddamn idiot! I should fucking beat your brains in and castrate your dick to the depths of hell.)

Gathering her papers quickly she organized herself and then sat them down on the nearest desk before her finger was once again slightly jabbing on his chest, her Gaelic flowing out of her lips faster than she can really stop herself.

Ar dtús, shábháil tú ar bhealach mé gan oiread agus is dóigh liom a fhios agam cé a bhfuil mé ag súil liom go mbeidh tú i muinín duit nuair nach bhfuil a fhios agam ort. Ina dhiaidh sin, bíonn tú féin ar an mbealach seo isteach sa roinn seo agus cuirfidh tú amadán ar mo athair chun ligean duit a bheith ina pháirtí agam, agus anois tá tú ag fulaingt orm féin nuair a bhí lá fonnmhar asal fada agam agus ... Agus ... "(First, you somehow save me without so much as knowing who I am and expect me to trust you when I don't know you at all. Next, you somehow weasel yourself into this department and fool my father to let you be my partner, and now you fucking scare me when I had a fucking long ass day and... And...")

Her slim fingers quickly went to her forehead touching her temple, feeling lightheaded once more as if her brain felt like it was in an ocean wave of pain. Today was just not her best and that alone was perhaps why she felt so angry; more at herself than anything. The trail she was on had the right clues and she was in the right idea of things but no where close to coming to its final solved problem. The Cult Leader. Slightly she leaned her body forward towards Sebastian's chest, needing something warm to lean her body on. Was it for comfort? Or just someone to hold her until the pain subsided?

She wouldn't know because soon her stubborn side had taken over her; making her fully aware just where they were at and something about him was just off. Before she could fully have her forehead on his chest she pushed herself back. "Sorry, you just. Spooked me, I get cranky from paperwork and I'm just tired... My side hurts too."

DamonHuntington

Hearing Deirdre suddenly slipping to the Gaelic language in a furious torrent was actually quite intriguing for Sebastian. Although he could not speak the language fluently, the demon was able to understand it because of some similarities between other languages he knew - and, by the sound of what he understood, the woman was painting a rather distasteful prospect.

"I think I'd rather have my brain and dick in one piece exactly where they belong", he said with a smile, showing that he understood the statement spoken in exasperation. Still, there was something amiss in the whole situation - was Deirdre scared of something? That could be the case, but Sebastian did not know what was the reason for her fear. Perhaps she was frightened by the prospect of getting killed by the cult... or was she scared of him? He shook his head, dispelling all preconceived thoughts from his mind; there was no indicator to an answer, so pondering about one in the current scenario would be counter-productive.

And then, out of a sudden, her body leaned forward and touched his in a brief, but meaningful, contact. The demon wondered what the touch entailed; his mouth contorted itself in a pleasant grim that spoke louder than any word could. Deirdre tried to break the contact, but the deed was done - the man knew that there was more than it met the eye during that fleeting moment, and he was decided to figure out what hid beneath the veneer.

"Then let us go home, if you are tired. I am assured that you'll like to take a warm shower, and perhaps I might even give you a massage if the circumstances are favourable", Sebastian replied with a low tone of voice, eager to see how she'd react to what he had just said.

YamiNoTenshi22

The word massage made Deirdre stiffed up for several minutes, "If that's your way of trying to come on to me you're lousy at it." Her voice teased, easing the slight tension between them- at least she hoped to ease it. The last thing she wanted to do was come off as a prude woman. Far from it, yet, she isn't as loose a whore would be. Deirdre had class, adventure, and wanted something slightly more than just one night stands.

"But, I will let you walk me home, after all, it was your fault for scaring me to start with. Think of it as a way for you to make up for it." She finished softly with a small smile, turning away from him to go and place the documents into their proper files out a back of the department before returning to Sebastian's side. The quietness and stillness seemed to be more calming now, perhaps it was because she wasn't alone, nothing to trick her mind or allow it to wander and conjure up anything in the shadows that could possibly try to scare her. Deirdre brushed back her fiery locks away from her right eye, feeling the weariness of the day creep into her like an unseen presence. Looking up at him she gestured at him allowing him to lead the way out.

"Well I think you know the way out the door, but from there I think I can take the lead."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The walk to her home, however, was about a half hour from the Yard. Making things easy for her to get home from work and save money in not having to pay for motor transportation. The silence between them was comforting after the day that she had; it allowed her to think. The London Streets were quiet as they walked, her head scanning her surroundings to each building and business that they passed by; her mind recounting the new and old owners that she could remember. Growing up in with a man like her father had given her a different outlook at London. While most girls saw the city as just a city of bright lights, clothes shops, and dance; she saw it as a battlefield of the criminal world. Filled with the dark evil that hidden themselves in daylight that only come out to play at night and it was up to her father's Scotland Yard to protect the streets. It made her proud to be part of something different than something like what other girls wanted to do. It had groomed her and made her into a sharper woman that she grew to be today.

She stretched and yawned with a slight whine, feeling her side burn before looking at Sebastian with a wave of dismissal. "I'm fine, just tired. My god, you're worse than a babysitter. Is my father paying you double or something"

When they had reached the corner on Mulberry Street and close to her her building surrounded by several bakery shops that closed before dark. It was then that the mist had settled lightly in the cool night as she hugged herself tight. Her side stinging and warm, odd...  Ah, there it was. She slowly dashed over to her door- number 659. It was then she took out her small key and unlocked it giving Sebastian a side glance and welcoming smile before her door opened to usher him in. Her landlady hardly home, always out traveling around the country- sometimes out of the country. Which was fine with Deirdre, it gave her privacy and quiet.

The flat itself was only two floors, it's main was a small hallway to where the landlady's flat led at the end of the door, where the stairway in front of them led up to Deirdre's. She turned to Sebastian and gave a small nod.

"I think it's time we part," She went to give him a hand shake when she noticed the bright red on her skin. Her eyes unfocused and darkened at the sides of her vision before her hand shot to her side. Through her peripheral vision, she spotted the stain on her shirt; wet and sticking to her side. How long was she bleeding? Did her stitches open? Did this happen back at the department? Her brain became unfocused, her head even lighter as she looked down, "Damn. That's why I don't feel so good."

Her vision darkened slightly more, her other hand quickly reaching for the rail behind her to catch her fall as she tried to sit herself down. Making herself only slide against the wall some at an angle, pressing her head on the wall as well to keep herself upright. Her breathing heavy as she did her best to keep herself awake.

"Ok, I think I might need a bit of help up to my room..." She held up her other key, not caring that it was smeared with her own blood on it. "Just, let me wrap my arm around your neck or... Something."

DamonHuntington

The denial regarding the massage was interesting for Sebastian, as most women reacted differently when the prospect was proposed - this, naturally, only made him more curious about the demeanour of his partner; whether her words were truthful or not would be seen in the future. Still, the acceptance of walking her home was a good enough starting point that he intended to work with. "Now you show the remainder of the way", he said as they both left their workplace.

The walk to the building was rather short when compared with the size of London - in fact, a quick thirty-minute walk was as close as one could get from one place to another, according to the general outline of the urban grid. Their walking was not filled with much talking, as the demon was more focused on paying close attention to the recently-injured woman and the premises. Their enemies would not wait for them to get stronger before attacking again; the expectation of underhanded tricks should always be in place.

Luckily, the arrival to Deirdre's house was safe and marked by a total absence of perils. Sebastian heard when she stated that they should both part and felt the smell of the delicious, thick blood that surged through her body - even before seeing it dripping across her hand. "Request denied", he said as he glared at her wound. "You need further care and I am not going to let you risk your life recklessly just because you're too afraid of not resisting the temptation", the man proceeded in a jocular statement, smirking in a manner that most people would deem as infuriating.

The gash seemed to take a toll on her body as the time passed, and Sebastian did not plan to have Deirdre die in front of him after saving her in the very same day. "Consider the help given", as he reached down and held Deirdre up in his arms before she could complain. His right hand dexterously slid into her pocket to grab the house key with minimal disturbance to Deirdre as they climbed up the stairs, which led him to opening the door as quickly as possible without attempting to not raise any kind of suspicion.

With a soft motion, the demon placed Deirdre on her bed after walking to her bedroom, motioning for her to stand still. "I am going to warm some bandages to clean the wounds - let me know where you put your medical supplies and I shall take care of the rest", he ordered before adding an observation. "Still, I urge you to not stand up and let me do the work. I am not against the prospect of tightly tying you up in case you cannot comply with what I've asked", Sebastian noted.

YamiNoTenshi22

Deirdre clutched her jaw in horrid pain, her eyes prickling with tears as she clung to Sebastian tightly to the point that her knuckle bore whiter than snow. She wanted to scream at him, scream in pain and curse at herself for not going straight home the first thing this morning when she woke up at the hospital. Instead, here she was, in this mess and in pain and getting blood on his red shirt. Well- making it redder than it should.

The moment she was laid down on her dark covered queen bed she found herself in short of breath, her eyes glaring at Sebastian as he started to talk once more. "Where would you think I keep the medical supplies? In a bathroom, you short minded prick. God," She covered her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose trying to focus on her pain as well as her anger towards Sebastian. She knew he meant well, but the man was not helping when he was talking about tying her up and her mind goes to the gutter like places.

"Bite me. And before you start I don't do one nights! I'm not fucking loose like some easy chit. Don't tempt me to put you on the peg for even having such damn thoughts."

She went to move, wanting to get up before a black, slender, and very much cat fur had jumped onto her bed. It's distinctive meow making her stop to look as she eased herself and sighed.

"Salem, there you are love. I'm sorry I've been so late to get home. Did you miss me, boy?"

Her Norweigan Forest Cat Salem had finally come to his Mistress' side. His bright yellow eyes wide in recognition and alert as to what is going on to his surroundings. Although she couldn't blame him, it wasn't every day that she came home with another man's shirt, her body bloody, or even more importantly been gone for longer than a day.

Walking with fluent grace, he headbutted her hand that was outstretched before him before nuzzling it, his purr a soothing constant tone that made her eyes flutter close in contentment. If there was one male presence she can always rely and prefer as a constant in her life. She will always choose Salem; did that make her into an old cat lady in the future? Probably.

But, she was fine with that. At the moment her love life was little to none thanks to a certain asshole at work who thought playing office romance was just a better way to get his foot into a higher step in position of the department. Ugh, she rather forget that creep, hell- she rather have the woman she bedded the morning before she went after Pratt.

'God that was amazing sex. The moans, her aroma... Oh~ the things that woman can do with her tongue-'

Her cat slowly walked up to her face as he rubbed and nuzzled, purring at his Mistress, making her smile as her train of thought was derailed and lost to her fog of lust.

"It's ok boy, I'm just in a lot of pain but once I get patched up I'll probably be able to feed you and pet you properly. Ok?"

Note:
Chit: Tiny. Frail Woman
On the Peg: Arrested

DamonHuntington

Some scouring of the bathroom was necessary before Sebastian found what he required - time enough for him to return to Deirdre's bedroom as soon as she asked him to bite her. With a devious expression, he laid down the gauze acquired from the bedroom on her bed, leaned forward and whispered directly into her ear.

"Don't make requests that you don't want fulfilled", the demon joked, pushing his body slightly closer than he had on all interactions. His touch grazed against her neck softly in a way that was almost imperceptible, but that still carried a lot of meaning and unspoken wishes. "I might decide to take you on your folly, and then it will be past the point of redemption for you."

His statements, however, were disrupted by the cat that entered the room and jumped onto the bed. The animal had a lovely coat of fur and a wary expression, although that would not prevent Sebastian from attempting to reach out to the cat. "Ah, you are a cute one, are you not?", he said with an outstretched hand towards the feline as he tried to caress him.

"You hadn't told me you had a cat - nor that you had such an apt sense of naming", Sebastian said. "How long has he been with you?", the male asked as he ruffled the covers over the bed, in order to get the cat's attention into a little hunting game.