News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

Bioshock Roleplay (Tokani and Dies)

Started by Tokani, June 12, 2011, 06:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokani

(I completely forgot if I was supposed to play the female, or you. So if I got it wrong let me know and I'll change the post.)

The sound of pipes releasing air pressure from within had once again been the sound Karen had to wake to. She had lost count of how many weeks she had been having experiments run on her but she was really getting tired of it. Obviously the truth behind the experiments was being kept secret from her, but from what she had gathered they were testing Plasmids. The fact that they were testing Plasmids made complete sense too. There were needles in her arms, one with a blue liquid and one with red liquid. If she was right, the red liquid was ADAM and the blue liquid EVE. Really, it seemed juvenile to keep her from the truth. Any idiot could realize they were using her to farm ADAM. Usually they would just harvest it from dead Plasmid addicts, but why do that when they could just give a seemingly harmless Plasmid to a person and slowly harvest the ADAM it produces over time that way? Makes complete and total sense, right? The EVE kept the Plasmid active while the ADAM was extracted, giving them a long lasting supply.

"Is anyone out there?!" Karen called out in a desperate plea for help. The Scientists didn't care for her, that was obvious. Though perhaps the Assistants would show her some sympathy? No matter how doubtful she was, it was still worth a shot. Her soft feminine voice echoed throughout the room but for all she knew it could have just been falling on deaf ears. The room might have been sound proof. Hell, there could have been a see-through wall and those perverts could very well be looking in right now laughing as her petite frame struggled against her bonds. The most she could really hope for at this point was for someone to come smother her with a pillow and put her out of her misery. The odds of one of those good-for-nothing Scientists going against their boss, and their paycheck, were slim-to-non. It all just seemed so pathetic to her at this point. The once beautiful girl, with a seemingly great life, was made into a science experiment. A farming tool for ADAM. Her long black hair, left at a short 'pixie cut' length. Her once stylish wardrobe now nothing but a hospital gown. All she had left was her lovely voice and facial features. Well, that and her chest but that just made her fear that people were staring through a possible window as some sort of pathetic peep show.

(Also, sorry if it is rushed seeming at all. Or not all that great. If you want me to redo it at a later date please don't hesitate to ask. I can manage something else easily and won't take offense at all. :P I would just consider it a chance to improve is all. :) )

Dies Irae

The only sound filling the cramped office space was that of the leaking pipes running along the roof hitting the cool metal of the bucket placed to stop it collecting on the floor, the scratching of a pen against paper added the dark monotone moment the lone occupant was enduring, again with the proposals and again with the routine questions, all stemming from the discovery of the wonder drug ADAM, Ryan was getting money, he was getting money and the darker individuals were getting the opportunity to...create. As they put it, he knew the experiments, and the sadistic pleasures most of the inhabitants of the labs, hell most of the inhabitants of Rapture had. Running fingers through the short black hair, smoke billowing from the cigarette between his lips.

The door to the office opened slowly, creaking ominously announcing the arrival of a currently unwanted guest, swinging around on the office chair to face them his face grew into one of disgust, as the door closed the dim lighting shined over the rusting name plate 'Dr Harkam Schuenz'. The person entering the room, one of high reputation sat in the empty chair on the other side, nearby the growing stack of files, "Tenenbaum, and to what do i owe this visit?" he asked, returning to look at the medical report he was in the process of filling out. "I think you know Schuenz, Frank is willing to pave the way for ADAM's development, you already know how we can increase production".

Harkam scowled standing from the chair quickly, putting his hands into the pockets of the white lab coat he stared down at the woman, her proposal the kidnap and experimentation on young girls, even in rapture would he not condone such an act, he was already bordering the line with the current method but her plan, that was insanity. "You know my stance, your proposed methods are insane even for this place, kidnapping, how would you feel to lose a child, how could you even think of suggesting something so sickening!" he yelled, before slamming the door as he left.

Moving through the walkways of the underwater city he muttered to himself on the insanity the others were beginning to embrace, the worst was beginning in Fort Frolic, Sander Cohen, he never liked the guy, hell the rumors circulating around the suites were of dark things, mainly the rumor on his apparent hired hit on Anna Culpepper, as long as he never had to be in the same room with that one he was alright, though living in the same district as him made it diffcult, passing through the labs to do his routine medical examination on their current patient he sighed, this was as far as he would go, hell he had petitioned to allow her to leave at nights when they weren't working but she was compatible, a constant flow of ADAM, that fact made him wonder why Tenenbaum was so insistent on using the younger girls for ADAM production.

Showing his identification at the entrance to the harvest labs he adjusted his black slacks and grey button up shirt before entering the lab containing the girl, Karen, that was the name on the chart, though anyone in the labs just referred to her as Eden, considering she was the first to not succumb to the deterioration effects ADAM had and the remarkable assimilation of her DNA to any plasmid they had given her to increase the output of ADAM. Coming up behind the table she was currently strapped to he wrote quietly on the outer appearance of her health, she looked fine, stressed though, he couldn't blame her, she'd been here for sometime "how are you feeling?" he asked moving to where she could see him, staring at her with auburn eyes.

Tokani

Another new Doctor? At least it was a Doctor and not that creep who kept going on about how she would make a lovely addition to his gallery. Sander Cohen was it? In any case, it was irrelevant. What was relevant however was the fact that she was still tied to the table, and she still needed to find a way to get out of here. "You know full fucking well how I'm doing! I'm being used as a damned ADAM farm you asshole." She began to rant before the man came into full view. It was the usual Doctor. Doctor Harkam. That was a relief, he was much nicer than the other doctors. As nice as a Doctor who was keeping you against your will could be anyways.

"Oh. It's you." She muttered while her dark brown eyes met his auburn eyes. It was strange. Harkam was a scientist here in Rapture just like any other. He studied mostly the same things as everyone else. He participated in the same experiments. Hell, he was even left in charge of the experiment that left Karen bound to this table. Though despite everything, his eyes were calm and gentle. It did not look as though he took joy in any of this. If that was the case though, why would he agree to take part in this job? It didn't add up. Then again, it also didn't make sense how someone could feel comfortable around the man in charge of keeping her here.

"If you really must know, things aren't so well. I don't mean not so well because I'm tied to a table either, I mean I have been having these strange hallucinations. On top of that I have had a few manic episodes. Considering I did not suffer from any sort of mental ailments before your stupid experiments, I think it could be due to the Plasmids. Oh, and anxiety. The hallucinations have triggered minor anxiety attacks from time to time." Karen spoke. She really didn't want to cooperate with Harkam considering he was there to gather more information for his medical reports but he had at least been treating her with respect and so she would do the same back.

Dies Irae

"Indeed it is me" he said with a warm smile, anything to alleviate the looming metallic coldness that the labs gave, though even the was a fleeting moment, taking a seat in the metal chair next to her table, taking the notes on what she said, hallucinations, anxiety, episodes, the beginning effects of the ADAM deterioration, many before had suffered the same, he was hard pressed on which to feel, joy or sadness, she would be in for much worse if they continued, but on the sliver of chance she may be realeased but then which poor soul would be slated to take her place. It was the way of the science that Rapture had undertaken, human testing outlawed above, but here it was almost encouraged.

"Aside from uping your dose of medication there isn't much i can do, but ill see if i can't get you some time in Arcadia to take a break, or maybe we might be able to allocate a break for the new years celebration in a few months" he said leaning back into the uncomfortable chair, there wasn't much else he could say, at least an hour in Arcadia might give her some peace, most people enjoyed the gardens there, though the bees had been getting a little on edge with their keepers lately, probably due to the influx of bars to the area, people coming and going as they pleased. Shaking his head at his rambling thoughts he put the pen back to the chart he was required to fill out.

So Karen tell me about these hallucinations your having, what do you see?" he asked eyes drifting to the needles coming out of her arms, the glowing red and pulsing blue, in the words of the common people she would be Raptures version of a milking cow, just exchanging the milk for the addicting and dangerous substance of ADAM. Closing his eyes for a moment clearing the twisted thoughts from his mind he returned to watch her, awaiting the tale on what exactly her mind conjured during her hallucinations, perhaps they might lead to some new insight on the negative aspect of the wonderdrug.