News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

A New Song - a New Start

Started by SweetSerenade, March 13, 2016, 08:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

Wow, it really has been three years? Or almost that. I can't believe it, but it almost has. Honestly a lot has changed in that time. People have come and gone from my life, I got my GED (With Honors at that, only a few points away from the highest percentile in the country!) and had my daughter. She's an adorable 2 year old, and I love her so much. I married OtakuDee shortly after she was born, and a lot of changes really did start coming up in my life. Recently, like within the last year, I started going to college. I'm in my undergraduates for college transfer credits, in order to build up credits towards my 4 year major.

I'm currently almost at the end of my second term of college - Wednesday is my finals for Winter Term. Spring term starts the 28th of March, and sweet goddess am I nervous. I have been taking mostly language courses, combined with basic college prerequisites. Because I was out of school for so long I decided to sit down and work on my basics. I still have to get through writing 122, but that will be fall term. Right now I have Japanese 103, Japanese Culture, and Math 95 coming up. Yay me!

Learning a language has not been easy. People seem to think it's all sunshine and rainbows, but it's a compromise that moves through my mind. Learning a language is not easy, even though I'm decent at it. If my scores from last term are any indication. Considering I ended my term with a 3.85 GPA. This term it's looking like I'll be in the Honor Range again, if all goes well with my Math final and my Japanese final! It doesn't matter what grade I get on my Japanese final, as long as I do it, so good news is I'll still maintain my B average in the class! I have a chance of getting a higher grade in Math, but let's hope I show enough 'improvement' in my Final.

I need to start looking at firing up more games here, I only have one active right now - and need to harass my husband to start roleplaying again.

To put it simply 'I'm on Fire', and quite frankly I'm proud of myself. No matter what some people may have said about me, I'm very successful and starting to become very happy with the life I am leading.