News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

Angel with a Shotgun

Started by VereorsHarbinger, May 25, 2012, 07:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VereorsHarbinger

So I've kinda lost my "Place to write little random shit about Daniel and the FRV" thanks to Luke being a complete cockfag and abandoning Facebook. So now i'm gonna move on to Future Daniel and gonna start writing stuff about him here. I'm gonna try and find some way to organize this stuff, but for now I'm just gunna post this.

Angel with a Shotgun
---------------------------

Ever since the end of the world started, I kept expecting to die. I keep wondering how I've survived so long. Divine intervention? Fate? Destiny? I dunno. But here's one strange fuckin' instance of providence.

The setting is a post-apocalypse New York. I was hiding out in the Empire state building (Cliched, right?) and I was actually just heading down to get food, shotgun in hand. Don't know the make or model, I just know it was big, double barreled, and blew the faces off the infected damn well.

Unfortunately, I forgot to load the fucking thing this morning. I don't know why I forgot, I guess I just did. So when I went to clear my way out of the building, All I heard was "Click" instead of the usually thundering "BOOM". That's when one of them grabbed me.

All I could do was hit it in the face with the butt of the gun, knocking it back long enough to get away. So I ran into the next room and leaped out the busted window, running down the street. That's when I saw all the infected and thought this exact thing.

"I...Am...Fucked..."

So I ran for an old, still under construction building where I'd hidden a few backup supplies in just such an emergency. So I ran across a plank I'd laid down ages ago. Keyword, Ages ago. It broke almost as soon as I stepped on it and I went down, landing hard on one foot. Unable to catch my balance, I toppled over. That's when one of the infected jumped over the edge, landing right on top of me.

I managed to hit him with my gun, stunning him enough to get up a bit, but it seemed like I fucked up my leg pretty good. More luck I guess.

I managed to limp away, then fall the fuck over again. That's when I noticed all of the infected over the edge. They were all coming this way, all including the last one that I'd already hit.

Well.... I guess now would be a good time to pray.

(To be continued!)
I am the man with the Knife.
I am the Dark before you sleep.
I am the sense of Foreboding.
I am the wind at your door.
I am the Harbinger, and I bring you Fear.