News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

Endangered [Doc & Fae]

Started by CirindeFae, April 20, 2012, 11:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CirindeFae

Charlie followed him to the ladder and gazed up it. She was concerned about her shoulder. How well would it hold up to this? She had no idea and wasn't quite sure she wanted to test it however the promise of sunlight had her following him up the ladder. It was difficult to make her way up with both an injured shoulder and the blanket. Silently she mused that she might have become rather attached to the musty scent but at this point is was merely speculation since she'd yet to leave it behind anywhere.

On the roof, she immediately felt the strong heat of sunlight and almost let out a purr. It was so comforting, relaxing, and perhaps it made her wounds hurt less. That, however, might have only been her wishing for it. Her gaze scanned her surroundings before she removed the blanket from her form and attempted to lay it out on the gravel for laying on. "Then perhaps, sir, you are more beast than I am." She said in response to him killing with his bare hands. Eventually with the blanket laying flat upon the rooftop and her shoulder extremely sore, Charlette settled herself down on it her face towards the warmth of the sun and her body soaking up heat. This time she did purr.

"I appreciate the offer, Detective. I think I'm going to have to take you up on it at least until my wounds heal, but I will need to call into work." She added as she shifted to lay flat on her back. "And it's not because of bravery that I stay. With no where to go, what else am I to do?" It was a good point. If she tried to return home there was a high chance she'd be attacked by the guards and if she'd left town to find another home she would have no money with which to support herself since she stretched herself thin every paycheck to support her spacious loft. A yawn escaped her as she started to relax more than she had when she had found her little sliver of light inside. Being this comfortable was making her lack of sleep known. Maybe she could grab a catnap...

DoctorRed

The detective raised his eyebrows at her purring noise and grinned a bit to himself, pulling the blanket out for her, a bit embarassed. "I didn't think about your shoulder. Sorry. I should have carried you up here," he admitted sitting on the hatch that was the ladder and watching her with a bemused expression. His face darkened slightly as he watched her speak and sighed a bit.

"The men that I killed were those who would harm the innocent. Not unlike your hunters. A lot of people I found here are in trouble. A lot are out to make trouble. I wish I could lie to you say you were wrong, but you're right. I was a priest a while, and when I found out about this world, and saw the Truth, I had to act. I gave it up, and became who I am today. I suppose you might call me a monster for it, but... to sit and pray, and beg the world to get better..."He sighed gently and tilted his head back, digging around in his coat for a cigarette he knew he wouldn't find. His flask appeared under his fingers and he twirled it in his fingertips lightly, drinking from it lightly and watching her from under his hat. "What I did was justice, no matter what a monster I became from it," he said firmly, clearing his throat.

"You can stay her as you like. There are others like you. Not panthers, but innocent shifters who live in town. They might want to let you join, if you were interested... But.. " he made a face, feeling a bit colder since being accused of a beast. He supposed it was only fair. He had done that and then to tell someone afterwards.. he sighed and drew out his phone and handed it over in her direction. "Go ahead and call. I'll go bring you a pillow and you can go back to sleep a while." He said, seeing her starting to drift off.

CirindeFae

Settled on the blanket, Charlette shook her head a bit. "No it's fine. I'd rather not be carried if it can be helped." She replied sleepily. It somewhat baffled her how he could think she'd want to be pampered. Sure she'd just been shot but she was a Were, she and her people were the type to deal with their issues on their own. He should have known that in his line of business. Oh well that might be able to be addressed later.

"A priest, huh? Didn't expect that one." She commented with a small snicker that shot pain through her shoulder and side briefly. "You know, it is possible to be a monster with a conscious." She smiled lightly after shifting to look at him. "Although, it would also make you better than a monster." That might also mean she was more of a monster than he, after all her consciousness was almost lost when she shifted to her beast form.

At his next words, she shook her head. Solitude was better than a pride of misfits, besides Cats like her did better on their own. The thought of even attempting to join a thrown together pride made her uncomfortable particularly with her lack of physical ability. The chances of her surviving a trial were slim, even more so in a city like this. "I appreciate you sharing the knowledge of such a group, but I wouldn't make the cut. And thanks for letting me use your phone." Shifting to lay on her back again, she started to dial the number for work and put the phone to her ear once it started ringing. Before the other end was picked up, she glanced to the male. "If you don't mind, I'd rather answer a few questions before I get some rest. I want a general idea of what you wish to ask." Just then the other end of the phone call started to make some kind of noise other than ringing and Charlette focused her attention to that.