News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

Pokémon!

Started by DRAMA, November 22, 2011, 09:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRAMA

Gotta Catch'em All!

If you know me, I tend to blab about Pokémon in the chat box fairly often. I enjoy the game, mainly due to the critter designs. Commonly, I find myself wanting to elaborate on some of the things I've said about the games or share my special finds, but I don't want to mung up chat with my nerdly ramblings. So here we are!

For this thread, feel free to share your stories involving your favorite version(s) of the games, be it the TCG or the video games. If you have some secrets, tips, tricks, jokes, fanart, or even ideas for new Pokémon, this is the place for it all!

Pokémon Resources

Bulbapedia, the community driven Pokémon encyclopedia!

Official and rather fancy Pokédex

DRAMA

One of my favorite things to do is to make up new pokémon. I recently found a list of unused dual types and I do enjoy discussing (and sometimes, drawing) the concepts of each possibility. Feel free to come up with some concepts and don't forget to add their pokédex entry! Here's said list.

Bug/Dark
Bug/Dragon
Bug/Electric
Bug/Fire
Bug/Ice
Bug/Psychic
Dark/Dragon
Dark/Electric
Dark/Fighting
Dark/Ground
Dark/Psychic
Dark/Steel
Dragon/Electric
Dragon/Fighting
Dragon/Fire
Dragon/Grass
Dragon/Ice
Dragon/Poison
Dragon/Rock
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Fire
Electric/Grass
Electric/Ground
Electric/Ice
Electric/Poison
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Rock
Fighting/Flying
Fighting/Ghost
Fighting/Ground
Fighting/Ice
Fighting/Rock
Fire/Ghost
Fire/Grass
Fire/Ice
Fire/Poison
Fire/Psychic
Fire/Water
Ghost/Grass
Ghost/Ground
Ghost/Psychic
Ghost/Rock
Ghost/Steel
Ghost/Water
Grass/Steel
Ice/Poison
Ice/Rock
Ice/Steel
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Rock
Poison/Steel

Also, here is something I've yet to try out due to my FR/LG games needing to be reset to get a Eevee, but this picture states a way to make Flareon the fire dog he's mean to be.

Here's a guide for making the most bad ass beast for capturing those hard to find pokemon!

1. You must have access to Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, or Pokemon White.
2. Capture a female Ralts.
3. Breed the Ralts with a male Ghastly, Haunter, Gengar, Misdreavus, Mismagius, Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir, Yamask, or Confagrigus who knows Mean Look until you receive a male Ralts with Mean Look.
4. Level the male Ralts until 45 to learn Hypnosis.
5. Level and evolve the male Ralts to (Kirlia then, with a Dawn Stone) Gallade at lv50, where it learns False Swipe.
6. Replace his final move with TM12 Taunt.

Now, with your work done, you have a Gallade who can prevent the enemy from using special attacks (Taunt, but depending on which game he's in depends on how many turns this works), can prevent the pesky pokemon from fleeing (Mean Look), put it to sleep (Hypnosis), and can whack the legendary down to 1HP and not kill it (False Swipe, multiple times). You're welcome. :D (It also helps the male Ralts to have an Adamant nature so it can survive a few hits. It's also good to EV train it to increase HP and Defense to survive better.)

Arctic_Rogue

:D Speaking of Poke'mon. :D Do you (or anyone else for that matter) play online? :D I always enjoy playing online and if anyone wanted to perhaps, we could exchange friend codes. o.O

Eh?
What meaning is there in yearning for the truth. You must instead close your eyes and live in blissful ignorance.