News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

[Terra] Tides of Time (TakodaVega, Shu, Cecidius)

Started by Shu, June 10, 2011, 11:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shu

All right posting everything from the old site, here it is.

OOC: Just FYI I'm posting older posts off of BM between Vega, Cecidius, and Myself. I'm going to put each post under each persons username. When Cecidius joins he may change his username and I will return to this first post and change it as well. Anything further back than this can be found on http://queenvampiress.proboards.com/index.cgi

TakodaVega:
It had taken her seven years to find this place.

Slowly wing beats stilled as the Niamh landed at the glacial wall that had obscured her visual in exactly looking for. Steam rose off the woman as she slowly hopped down onto the lower ledges. There would have been no way she would have been able to fly down here without tearing her wings to shreds. Still the heat that radiated off her body had made it difficult to keep her from slipping along the ice.

Finally she reached the bottom of the crevice, light bounced off the walls in rainbow colors though the source of what had been her search rested in the far corner of the room, where the light pooled in the little daylight that had stained the sky. Fluttering her wings a bit, she took the stairs that led to the upright clear prison.

It's the only way Isfraelshra could view exactly what her daughter had done to herself. The resemblance between the two women was striking. Almost looking at mirror images of each other. Almost. Where Isfraelshra's hair was more like fire, her daughter's was more of blood. If she could see her eyes there, too, would be a difference. The warm sky and sea that reflected of her mother's eyes were replaced with the hard ice of her daughters.

Some said the world would end in Fire, and others of Ice. How ironic that the Queen of Fire and Queen of Ice were related. However for forty years now, her lovely daughter had slept. Time had allowed her that luxury. Fate however was not so kind. Slowly the Niamh raised her hand to the ice seal that had surrounded her daughter. The pale arms crossed in front of her made her seem even more like the undead she had become.

"Your loved ones need you, Siofragana. It is time to restore the balance as it should be. Sleep no more." The light pulsed between them as slowly the ice melted away from the vampire queen. And slowly those ice blue eyes opened.

That was the beginning.

-*-*-*-*-*-

Siofragana Amaranth Nyx, that was what her true name was. Phoenix or 'Phoe' to someone had always been a nickname for her from family and friends so it was the one she had taken up. The rest to honor her Clan which was so far gone now that nobody but the oldest of people remembered them. Standing at six foot two, the woman towered most of the mortals that had seen a fraction of her lifespan.

Terra for all it's earthly beauty, was a long neglected world once full of magic that it was easy to pull it into yourself. Now the world had changed. Well, not completely as Siofragana pulled up a leg to her chest, her eyes scanning the skies. She had learned quickly that forty years had passed since she had gone to the Glaciers to the north and froze herself there, for how long she hadn't cared. She had promised Angelus she wouldn't do anything stupid just because he was gone.

However the reason she was on the roof, paying more attention to the stars above her than the earth below was because she had that dream again. Ever since her mother had awoken her from that deathlike slumber she had been dreaming. A hand reaching out from the darkness slipping closer to the edge calling to her. Pleading her to catch them.

Every time she had just been a fingertip away before they passed into the shadows, shadows which would fade as soon as she opened her eyes. For the longest time Siofragana didn't dream. Her mind had tried to make it easier for her to cope with the Creed's mayhem on her mind and body. Finally, she sighed and stood with ease, walking towards the edge of the rooftop and jumping down. Her knees bent to cushion her fall before she stood fully.

There was no hiding those finely tipped points in the streetlight that shown nearby. Hands buried deep into the confines of the leather jacket on her shoulders. Jeans custom tailored to her height clung to her hips and flared just below the knees. Heeled boots lightly tapped as she walked. The boots added an additional two inches to her height. IF she was tall before, she was taller now. Most men would have to look up to her.

Not intentional, she just happened to like these boots. However she needed to feed. Soon. She was not going to break her own rules again and feed off of an unsuspecting mortal. Even if that time had been just a sip to cut the edge off the growing hunger, it wouldn't keep it sated for long. And that dream was still bothering her too. The pleading had been genuine. The repetition of the dream had been going on for almost a week now. This was no coincidence. This had to be someone she knew, someone of her line, or someone she shared blood with. Most of the people on those lists were either dead, missing, or doing the job that Terra gave them to do. So, who was it? This was going to bother her, almost as bad as the pull to feed was.

Shu:
After all that had happened to her she had finally slept. She had left all of her friends behind and didn't look back. She loved them all dearly somewhere deep in her heart but she knew she had to leave them all to get herself back together. She had become many things she never wanted to be. Becoming ill hearted and cruel and changing all the time, like the wind. Last anyone had seen of her Phoenix had taken out the taint of the Creed. She quietly slipped back into the shadows, where she felt she belonged. Finally embracing the darkness of sleep.

As she slept she dreamt of her past, nothing unusual for her. She had done that on many occasions while unconscious though this time they seemed like she was entirely reliving her past. As her dreams began reaching closer and closer to her most recent past she knew something was going on.

She had left Zanfell behind in his Haven with K. Alucard was lying on the cool rock bottom of the cave entrance trying to pull himself together after nearly scorching himself to a crisp by bringing her back up to the surface. She had begun to go through a transformation again and left them all behind. She felt like she was in a fog, her thoughts were not entirely clear as she followed her feet set in a path in her head.

As she arrived to her destination her thoughts became less cloudy and she began wondering where she was and why. Though still drawn inward, like a force pulling her in, she began questioning more and more.

Entering the large room before her was a throne engulfed in flickering shadows being emitted from hundreds if not thousands of candles. There she saw him. Hair as dark as a raven's feathers, eyes as bright green as a cats, tanned skin as the color of leather. She gasped when her eyes laid on him and realization struck as to who he was.

Another figure flowed in behind her and quickly bowed in front of the throne a silky voice emerged, 'I followed her here to ensure her safety as you asked my Lord.' A quick approval from his master and he took his place on the right hand side of the throne.

'It seems as though you have recognized me my sweet Rain Dancer.' He spoke as he stood from the throne. 'You came just as the stars predicted.' He paused allowing her to gather her thoughts, 'You are very dear to us here.' A sweeping gesture gave approval for many more figures to appear out of the shadows.

Taking a step back and nearly tripping over her own feet, 'Why am I here? How are you not dead?'

A light laugh escaped his lips, 'You are here because you are the Tamuríl Tìwele. I'm not dead because...well...I'm not.' He slowly made his way down from the throne and stood before her.

She knew she was in danger...but she couldn't just leave. He was far older than her and was tied to her by something she wished still could not be used against her. He was Lolindor's blood Father.

He was the leader of the Huor Felagund, the chosen nine as they called themselves. Associated with the eight stars of the constellation Orion, and one to lead them. They had labeled her as a sacrifice.

Her immortal life was in danger and granted she had been trying to kill herself for years, but this was not how she wanted it to end. Not at the hand of her deceased lovers blood Father.

Unusually her dreams skipped forward for some time. She returned to Phoenix and Zanfell as something that was not her usual self. She was extremely the opposite of what they knew. Though Zanfell at the time had been taken over by the Beast.

Extremely edgy, sharp tongued and seductive she managed to anger Phoenix to the point where she removed the taint of the Creed.

Leaving everyone behind she wandered for a few year through out different countries, meeting new people, acting as a mortal. Her life was not how she had envisioned it. What she had become still had one tie to her old self, she would never feed off the unwilling. Soon she grew bored and wandered back to a small little cemetery deep in a mountain somewhere in Europe. It was a family cemetery and she had befriend the family of the past generations a few years back. They themselves, though seldom visited, were blood donors. They granted her permission to sleep on their land and she took to the darkness and slept.

Her past had run though itself, suddenly as if an alarm rang in her head she awoke. Slowly she stretched and let herself out from her hiding place. It was an above ground cement enclosed space with a water fountain on top. A small trap door led to the outside world. Not far from the cemetery was a small garden and a young man was working in it golden brown hair and a built farming body.

Pausing to wipe the sweat off his brow his eyes laid on her slim figure with flowing brunette hair. He grinned, dropped his shovel and ran back to the house. Quickly he returned with his father and his mother remained on the porch.

He looked like a much younger version of his father and she could see the resemblances as they approached.

"Did you have a good sleep Ma'am?" The young man asked quietly though obviously not trying to hide the fact that he was starring at her.

After she nodded the father spoke up, "You may remember me..." he began but was quickly cut off by her. "You were only twelve! What happened to you being so young?!"

A grin splayed across his face, "Well forty years will do this to a man..." chuckling he turned to his son, "I have my own son now. My parents however requested to be buried right next to where you slept."

Turning quickly she walked back to where she woke from and sure enough on either side of where she had been were two newer grave sites. Quickly bending down on one knee she first paid her respects to the man who had housed her and taken care of her and then to the woman who had clothed her and fed her.

Standing she turned back to the father and his son. "Forty years you say?" she questioned with a glint in her eye, "I wonder what else has happened while I've been sleeping?"

"Before that though you must be hungry." The young man piped up his eyes directly meeting hers.

Shu

Cecidius:
"There was a time when things were much simpler for me." a voice cracked the darkness and silence of a damp tomb. A deep voice, filled with authority and age, wisdom and grace. "A time when the world was fresh, men were brave, and children innocent."

The sound of heavy boots fell against cement. "That time has long since passed, I often wonder what has happened to the world." A small light flickered, reflecting off of a pale face, gaunt yet regal, fierce yet calm. The flames licked at a cigarette, lighting the tobacco and paper to embers. The light left the face as the first embers of the cigarette were pulled upon, smoke entering the lungs of this person. A sharp inhale, as the embers of the cigarette gave away that this person's arm had moved, and the sound of an exhilarated breath escaped into the silence.

The doorway to the tomb, made of steel, opened inhumanly easily for the man who emerged. He stepped into the darkness of night, brighter, indeed, than the damp tomb, as all the stars in the heavens shone brightly. "What has happened to the world?"

The man closed the door, again as simply, and turned again, facing the night. He dragged upon his cigarette again, exhaling joyously.

Then, he felt it. A being so ancient as he, and in tune with the blood that flowed within him, and those he loved, it came as little surprise, but he was shocked it came so soon... or so late.

He felt the awakening of two beings he knew, and very well. They rested in opposite locations, and he wasn't quite sure which to visit first. The two of them had gone to sleep, coincidentally at about the same time. He had not. He had regressed from the world, and meditated for a time, but this being, this ancient creature of darkness, refused to slumber. The last time he had slumbered, he had awoken in a state that was not quite him. Quite the opposite, actually.

His long white hair glittered in the moonlight, being played in the wind; his blood red eyes shone deeply in the shadows, piercing the darkness. He stood near six feet, with boots bringing up higher, closer to six feet and two inches. His traditional black leather duster that had rested upon his torso is replaced by a brigandine duster, fitted with steel plates under the leather, the shoulders covered with steel pauldrons, chainmail sleeves covering leather to his elbow, and a pair of steel plated leather gauntlets. Straps bound the duster closed taught against his torso, still as formfitting, and exaggerating his form more than his old coat. Steel full-greaves covered his lower legs, hidden behind the duster's brigandine tail, with sabatons covering his boots. A leather hood rested atop the pauldrons, the entire suit - the leather and the steel - carefully dyed black.

He smiled as he felt another wave from the two who woke. Pulses through the winds he controlled. He caught their scent on the wind, estimated the distance to both of them, and decided. He put his cigarette out against the cement tomb, and flicked the butt into the distance, as a red gateway appeared in the wall of the tomb. "I suppose it's time, then. We shall see how these events unfold next."

He lifted his hood over his face, his visage now cloaked in shadows too dark to be natural, and stepped into the gateway.

Shu:
'And before that she needs some new clothes!' A soft but firm voice came from the woman on the porch. 'Come in her dear, I have something you can wear.'

She looked down at herself and sure enough her clothes were rather messed up. Torn and deteriorated in places and covered in leaves and dirt. The two men stepped aside to let her follow the woman of the household. 'I suppose I do look a mess huh?' she winked at the young man as she passed him.

She followed the woman into the house and the men followed her. 'Not much has changed in here has it?' she quietly asked. 'I always loved this little house.'

'No ma'am it hasn't.' replied the man, 'We've kept it just about the same...though we did need to fix and update a few things.'

The woman of the house poked her head out from the spare room, 'Come this way dear we can get you all cleaned up and changed.'

As she entered the room she noted that there was now an additional bathroom to it. 'Go ahead and bathe before your dinner and then we'll get you dressed.'

As soon as she stepped out of the shower, wrapped herself in a warm fluffy white towel, and entered the bedroom, there was a slight knock on the door. 'May I come in?' was the soft motherly voice again.

'Certainly' was her reply.

The mother entered carrying some clothing in her arms and she began to lay them out on the bed. A long flowing skirt dyed blood red at the top and fading into black at the bottom and a seemingly regular black tank top were laid out before her, as well as a pair of black knee high boots. 'My mother in law told me all about you and the things you liked...the one condition to me marrying Andrew was that I would accept you into my home when you woke, and if you slept longer than that, that I would raise my children to accept you as they had.' she paused and looked over and the young looking Vampire. 'I do hope you like the clothes...' she added shyly, 'I made them myself.'

Looking from the clothes to the mother, she smiled. 'They are perfect. Thank you so much!' She gave the mother a hug, 'Now I must ask, What is your name?'

'Sabriel.' She replied before turning to leave the room. 'Now go on and change and we shall get you feed hmmm? I'm sure you must be starving by now.'

'All right Sabriel. Thank you again.' She replied to the closing door.

After changing into her new and handmade clothes that were as soft as Sabriel's motherly voice, she returned to the family. 'Thank you all again for your hospitality. I know it is quite different now...' her voice softened, 'now that your parents are gone Andrew...if you wish for me to leave I will...I do not wish to overstay my welcome.'

Andrew stood up and strode across the living room to her and gave her a huge hug while saying, 'You can never overstay your welcome here, here you are like family. Don't you think I have forgotten when you saved me from those wolves...or that time when I nearly went over the water fall...'

He was interrupted by his son, 'Or the time she had to drag your drunk ass home from that party!'

'Henry! Watch your language!' Sabriel scolded.

'Yes, yes that time too.' Andrew agreed letting her go. 'Any how I do believe my point is made, right hunny?'

'More so than needed I do believe.' his wife replied while giving their son a scolding eye.

'Thank you, both of you for allowing my to stay here.' she smiled at the couple.

'Nonsense! As Andrew said, our home is your home.' Replied Sabriel, 'Now on to getting you feed...'

Cutting off his other parent the young man stood and grabbed her hand, 'Come this way.'

He led her out near the pastures, up the creek a little ways and sat her down in a small alcove on the bank. Upon sitting down she questioned, 'Is there a new warehouse that I do not know about?'

He gently smiled at her, 'My grandmother told me all about you and your stories...she also told me of how important it is for a Vampriss to have fresh blood after she wakes.' He sat down next to her, 'Drink from me little Bluejay.'

The nickname that his grandmother, the woman who had taken her into her home and clothed and fed her, hit her hard. A few tears formed in her eyes.

'It's all right, I'm ready for it. Grandma explained it all to me, including how important you were to her.' Henry told her while taking off his shirt. 'Now you need to feed.' His voice was stern but soft as he pulled her toward him.

Slowly she agreed and sank her fangs into his neck. It was so good to taste warm, willing, human blood again. She gently slid her arms around his back and pulled him closer to her cold body, feeling a shiver run through him.

He also wrapped his arms around her lower back, while a quiet and low moan escaped from his lips. As she drank her body warmed but remained cool to the touch.

When she was finished she licked the wound to close it and kissed his neck. Looking him in the eyes, 'Thank you.'

'Anytime little Bluejay.' His reply was low and coarse, 'We should head back though...' his eyes sparkled, 'Dad might think something else was happening to us.' He winked at her.

Swiftly he put his shirt back on and stood up, offering her a hand. She took his hand and stood looking out at the water, 'This was my favorite spot on this creek...'

Replying over his shoulder beginning to lead the way back home Henry replied, 'I know Grandma told me, that's why I brought you here.'

She smiled at him and began to follow him back to the little house.

Cecidius:
As the two made their way back to the house, a tear formed in the ground. A hole tore through reality, opening a portal to another realm. As it grew in size, a hint of white hair loomed from the ground, and rose forth as the portal grew to be four feet wide. The hooded man stepped onto the grass, and the portal sealed itself back up.

"Good evening, my dear." he said, his voice calm and deep, charismatic and knowing. "I believe it has been too long." He pulled a cigarette from his coat, and as he inhaled, it lit itself. He pulled a second cigarette, and held his hand out, the cylinder rotating just above his hand. "Would you like an after-meal smoke?" It flitted in the air, as he stepped back from it, standing over where the portal had been.

"Allow me to thank you for caring for my kin, mortal." he said to the young man. "You cannot fully understand how grateful I am." He smiled at him, and then turned to the woman again.

"My dear, there are events unfolding, and legacies to be made. It would seem Fate has played quite a funny card this time about, as you are not the only one who has just awoken. I regret to inform you we must be on our way quickly." He dragged from the cigarette, smiled, and exhaled the plumes from his nostrils.

He held forth his hand, and another rift in existence formed, this time as a gateway, instead of a hole in the ground. "But please, enjoy your cigarette."

TakodaVega:
She had finally found what she had been searching for in the hushing dark of the city. If this had been fifty, no a hundred years Siofragana would not have had this dilemma. Before that damned Demon had actually went looking for her, she had only needed to feed once every month, maybe even every other month to keep her strength. Now? She had to do it every other day. She wasn't certain if it was just because she had fed from the intoxicating burn of a Demon though. It could really be the forty years lack of fresh blood that was still trying to recalibrate itself.

The Blood bank had been simmering with that coppery tang that had made her pupils dilate and her fangs grow ever so slightly. Tel had been a blessing and a curse. Without him she may never have regained the powers she had lost when she had been the Coven Queen so many centuries ago, powers which the Creed had tainted and had sealed away when it had reigned havoc on Terra. She still felt as though she hadn't repented enough. Especially after Magi's sacrifice to seal the Creed away forever.

She doubted even her children knew that their mother was Awake. No matter, she placed her hand against the door turning into frost that slipped through the cracks and wove it's way down the hallway to the source of that coppery tang. Cold? Yes, normally she would feed fresh from the source, but she still didn't trust herself with doing that just yet. She had already killed a few animals, mostly rats, by accident. She ruffled through some of the bags before finding her favorite of the bunch.

AB+, a gem that sang as old as her blood did. She slid down to the floor her breath still forming frost in the air as her form continued to materialize until she was whole once more. Tearing her fangs through the plastic she tipped the bag forward slowly, careful not to waste a single drop as it slid down her throat. Sweet heaven did it bring memories. A shudder running through her as she let the blood continue to drip....

PHOENIX!

Her head snapped straight up startling her enough to almost drop the bag. She knew that voice. Where did she know that voice? She licked her lips eying the now empty bag of blood as she tossed it into a 'Biohazard' bag and slipped out as though she had never been there. Damn it. The voice was gone as soon as she had heard it. She pressed her palm against her forehead and tried to concentrate. But even then the voice remained elusive. The town was still thick with life even as the moon hung high above them.

The bag had thankfully taken the edge off and left her alone to puzzle over her mystery. Not even truly paying attention that the others were awake. She was too focused on trying to discover the source of the voice in her head. She was sure she would recognize it if she only heard it again.

Shu:
As soon as the portal opened she was pushed back by Henry. 'What do you want with her?' He asked in a much older sounding voice than his twenty-two year old face portrayed.

Upon observing the cloaked figure she noted a few things as he spoke. The only being she had ever known with hair such as his was someone who had once been vary dear to her.

She stepped out in front of Henry holding her left hand up to him and taking the cigarette with her right. She glanced over her shoulder to the young man, 'It's all right, he is not here to hurt me.' She twirled the cigarette around in her fingers, 'Not even the beast inside of him could ever fully do that.'

'Wait...This is the one called Zanfell?' Henry asked remembering his Grandmother's stories, though he still stepped forward and protectively put his arm around her waist.

'The one and only.' She replied putting the cigarette up to her mouth. It lit immediately and she slowly inhaled a drag and let it slowly curl out from her lips.

"My dear, there are events unfolding, and legacies to be made. It would seem Fate has played quite a funny card this time about, as you are not the only one who has just awoken. I regret to inform you we must be on our way quickly." "But please, enjoy your cigarette."

'Fate is a bitch. You and I both know that.' she stated exhaling smoke at the same time. A fresh pull off her cigarette, 'Though I do suppose you know more than I do right now seeing as I just woke up and all.' she sighed and the remaining smoke left her lungs. She stepped out of Henry's protective arm and turned to him. 'I'm sorry, but I must go. Please tell your parents that I appreciate everything they did for me from the bottom of my heart.' She leaned in and kissed him gently. 'Don't forget your Grandmother or her stories, she was a wise woman and never told a lie.'

A light trail of smoke followed her though the gateway.

Shu

Cecidius:
The man chuckled as the boy stepped in his way to defend the woman. He pulled a small dagger from his belt, in the sheathe, and held it towards the man, handle facing him. "To more properly defend those you care for." he suggested. "As it seems you've heard of me, you would then know that even with this, you would stand no chance. Love and purity hold certain strengths, and they would normally allow you to overcome obstacles, but Fate and Destiny are far greater a force."

He turned, following the trail the woman had made, towards the gateway. "Likewise, I am far more powerful a force. Enjoy your time in this world, mortal. It is very short for you." With that, he stepped through, the gateway sealing behind him.

-------

The realm he appeared in was a shadowy reflection of Terra. The woman stood before him, and he laughed again. "You pick your herd well, to say the least." The ancient being walked ahead of her, and turned to face her. "There is time here, to speak. Phoenix has awoken, at nearly the exact same time as you. I have felt something stirring in Terra. Something strange. I have yet to determine if it is simply Fate hinting at it's course, or if it is something much different. Perhaps something is tempting to deny Fate. Fate is so hard to come to understand."

He lowered the hood, his blood red eyes beaming from under his brow; his long white hair falling at his shoulders. He pulled on his cigarette, and slowly exhaled. "As you can see, I've done some work here. Tried to make it more... hospitable." He smiled, turning to a pathway.

He extended his hand down the pathway, turning to face the woman. "This pathway should take us close to her. It will seem but an instant has passed when we return to Terra. It will still be night when we arrive, giving us a better chance at finding her. All that aside, how was your sleep, dear?"

Shu:
"You pick your herd well, to say the least."

She shrugged taking a drag off of her cigarette. 'Henry's grandparents took me in to begin with, his grandmother was something else. She was a good woman and as I told him, she never told a lie. I would know after sharing so many of her memories with her.' she stated referring to the fact that she had fed off of the woman.

"As you can see, I've done some work here. Tried to make it more... hospitable." Brown eyes took in her surroundings as she nodded. He certainly had done some massive overhauling, the last time she had been here was years ago and only briefly, though she did recall how...unpleasant it had been.

"This pathway should take us close to her. It will seem but an instant has passed when we return to Terra. It will still be night when we arrive, giving us a better chance at finding her. All that aside, how was your sleep, dear?"

'The same as always,' she replied, 'Reliving my past.' She let out a slow sigh combined with the last drag of her cigarette and flicked it off to the side. The embers erupted in a small shower of sparks as it hit the ground, 'The good and the bad.' She knew he would understand, seeing as he had been there for a lot of it, and what he had not witnessed firsthand most of the rest she had already shared with him.

She gently placed her cool hand in his looking him straight in the eyes, 'What has been happening with you since I slept?' pausing and not quite finished she asked, 'And where is Alucard?'

TakodaVega:
Siofragana's eyes suddenly flicked towards an archway near her and pulled herself up onto the roof. Her crouch definitive and in the mode to attack if need be. She slightly licked her fangs as the gateway finally opened. Out stood two people she had not seen since they were in their own darker days. Bloodlusted taints had scoured their souls for all it was worth. The question of course became if they still remained as such.

Moving across the rooftops she finally managed to find the overhang near the portal and watched them emerge with those calculating ice blue eyes of hers. Only once the portal was closed did she make her true presence known. "I see some things never change." Came that cool voice as she dropped back down onto the ground with the vampire grace few ancients still possessed. Her arms crossed as she looked at the two carefully. Those ice blue eyes seldom blinking. She had to find the source of the voice. She knew it wasn't her daughter, she had decided to seal herself away into some tower again to study to her fullest potential.

So who was it? She knew it was a female voice, and it wasn't one who apparently knew her true name. She looked down at Zanfell and more still to Shadow. Someone whom last time she had seen she had threatened to kill. Not something normally in Siofragana's nature as Shadow had always been someone very dear to her. It was uneasy seeing them both like this though considering their last meeting hadn't been quite so... pleasant.

Cecidius:
"What has been happening with me?" Zanfell smirked. "Alucard has gone on his own journey, to center himself, and master his arts. Something I did when I was young. It's in my blood, I suppose. As for me, I was able to conquer the Beast at last, after sealing myself in the Void for a month, battling with it's essence. Only once I was in control did my seal break, and permit me back to Terra." He pulled at his cigarette again, and continued.

"After that, I was tracked down by yet another legion of foolhardy hunters, sure of their skills in defeated vampires." His hand searched through his pockets, and he brought forth an arrowhead with a cross stamped into it. "They do not realize that I am not a vampire. They will never have the chance to correct their mistake, though." He shook his head, a hint of remorse wafting over his face. "It's unfortunate they are so zealous about destroying us. They don't understand how much they could learn if they weren't trying to kill us."

"C'est la vie, I suppose. Shall we, then?" They stepped onto the pathway, and were sent hurling through the cosmos of nothingness, as an archway appeared and released them back into Terra.

---

"I see some things never change"

Zanfell spun about, two short straight blades forming out of Void essence. He stood in a defensive stance, being startled from the sudden voice. As the speaker landed on the ground, he recognized her. The blades retracted into nothingness, and Zanfell stood passively. "And why would you say that?" he asked, puffing at the last few seconds of his cigarette. "I should think my wardrobe would state otherwise. Many things have happened over the last forty years. Of course I adapted, as I always have."

He laughed. "In which case I suppose I haven't changed." He lowered the hood, his white hair cascading upon his shoulders and back. "Did you sleep well? Or were you plagued with horrible memories?" he asked, smiling towards Shadow.

Shu:
"As for me, I was able to conquer the Beast at last, after sealing myself in the Void for a month, battling with it's essence. Only once I was in control did my seal break, and permit me back to Terra."

'Pity...' She responded, 'I had fun with the Beast.' She didn't know how Zanfell would react to that last comment seeing as she hadn't been the person he had always known when she was interacting with the Beast. Though what they shared the Beast did admit that Zanfell wasn't protesting to. It had always left her wondering if Zanfell had wished it was his state of mind that was there instead of the Beast's.

She shook her head to herself and murmured, 'A conversation for another time I suppose.'

Stepping out from the gateway she heard a familiar voice behind her, slowly turning she laid her eyes upon someone she wasn't quite sure she was yet ready to see. She took a slight defensive stance not knowing how things would play out.

Somehow she could tell that something had changed in the woman standing before her, she knew it wasn't the Phoenix she had last met.

'Many things change with time...You should know that.' Her response toward the woman was much colder than anything she had yet said to Zanfell, though seeing as the last time they had met things didn't play out nicely.

TakodaVega:
Siofragana's eyes drifted down over Zanfell standing at her full height. "Doubtful, yet last I recalled you two were never very far apart." She flicked her gaze between the Vampyre and the woman she had viewed as very dear. A sister without really being there. Siofragana hadn't even flinched from the Void's appearance of blades. She knew that it was Zanfell's reaction was his natural one.

"I do not dream when I sleep. If I did that I would be sleeping for more than a simple forty years." She said with a soft air of coldness as her eyes moved back towards the smaller woman, the smallest between them. Something about her voice made Siofragana do a double take, and suddenly pieces started to fit into place. A flash of the vision and dreams came back to her head. "Why are you calling to me in my head?" Those cold eyes were no longer as cold, warming ever so softly. Obviously she still cared about the woman. Taking a few steps forward she looked her over again before her gaze moved to the woman's hands. She wasn't sure yet if it was Shadow, or if it was another variation of the woman.

"No, not you." She said softly, after eying her hands. "Another you." She was certain of it now, as she took a step back. "I see the taint left you, but you are still not you...are you?" She said softly as she crossed her arm across her chest. Seeing as how Zanfell hadn't introduced her, she had no idea as to what she was going by now. She would still respond as Phoenix of course, but once she realized her real name things started to be more in motion.

If only they knew.

Cecidius:
Zanfell smiled subtly when Phoenix denied dreaming, and then stated that Shadow, or one of her other incarnations was calling to her, negating her claim. The Vampyre did so like ironic claims. He neglected to mention it, and simply stood still, silent for the moment. Producing his pack, he pulled out another cigarette, and placed it between his lips. Again, it lit as he inhaled, and he began to pace around the two, slowly.

After a full circle, he spoke. "Well, this is a lovely reunion, considering all that had happened before either of you slept." he quipped. "I suppose you may have some greater inkling as to what the Fates desire of three of the most ancient and powerful creatures of the night?" he said toward Phoenix, turning to face to her as he paced. "I feel the threads pulling us together once more, yet am not quite sure why. Though, far be it for me to assume that I may be privy to such knowledge of Destiny, but still, I wonder."

He drew in a breath of nicotine, and savored it for a moment. Exhaling, he stopped on the opposite side of where he'd began pacing. "Isn't it strange how we three always seem to be thrust into some grand scheme?" he chuckled, and faced the two women, shifting his gaze between the two of them.

Shu:
She eyed the other woman carefully taking a step back. 'I don't know what you mean by another me.' she responded coldly. 'I am me. That is all there is to it.'

She shook her head to herself realizing that she hadn't been quite as willing to see the other woman yet as she had thought. She had not thought things through enough when Zanfell had first approached her. If she had stayed where she was she would have been taken care of, out of danger. Instead she had left, throwing herself back into the Fates arms for God knows what to happen.

Observing and listening to what Zanfell had to say she replied, 'Three of the most ancient and powerful?' she questioned, 'Be it far from me to truly understand what you mean seeing as I am much younger than both of you.'

Nodding she also looked between the two others, 'Strange indeed. That we are all brought back together again though not exactly on our own terms.'

She crossed the imaginary circle that Zanfell had been pacing and gently, yet swiftly, took the cigarette right out of his mouth. Looking him dead in the eyes, 'Destiny is a bitch.' Taking a drag of the cigarette she took a step off to his right and slowly turned facing back toward the other woman.

TakodaVega:
"Apparently I was supposed to wake up seven years ago, if the Fates had their way about it." Came the soft, deadlier voice as she looked at Zanfell. "I'm older than you are Zanfell. You just don't realize how old." She tilted her head to one side, "Shouldn't you wonder why Alucard hasn't come back yet?" Phoenix had been known to have eyes and ears everywhere, or at least in some cases places she wanted to, Siofragana was even more entwined in the art. "The answer is quite simple. We restore the balance of what went wrong. Whatever that 'wrongness' is." She let her ice blue eyes flick over to the woman who had yet to name herself.

"Since I have woken up, I've been having dreams about a woman calling my old name for help. You may still call me that if you desire, as my true name is not easily pronounced. However each time she slips into the shadows before I can catch her or find her. I knew I had recognized the voice." She reached over, and without even flinching crushed the red hot cherry with steam passing from her fingers as she released the end of the cigarette. "Destiny may be the bitch, but Fate is an elegant, cold-hearted whore."

Cecidius:
"Fate, Destiny, whatever the name, it's all the same." Zanfell said, smiling at the thought of Phoenix being older than him. He wasn't going to argue. Beside, you never ask a woman her age. "I don't have to wonder why Alucard hasn't returned. He's reached a point where he must learn some things on his own." He held his hand out towards the cigarette, which evaporated into ectoplasm, dissipated, and reformed in his hand. "This is why I can't have nice things."

"On the topic of your name, just as a tangent, really, why would you assume that someone like me couldn't pronounce something? The many times around the world, learning every language I must to blend in. A ridiculous assumption." Zanfell's cigarette lit up again, and he pulled at it. "I'm a bit insulted really."

He exhaled the plume, and took a couple steps away from the two, protecting his cigarette. He glared at Shadow, and smirked.

Shu:
She let out a discontented sigh with the remaining smoke from her lungs. 'Must you do that? Both of you? Can't even let me enjoy a damn cigarette.' She made a mental note that she needed to obtain some cigarettes soon.

She shook her head and continued, 'I'd call you by your real name if you told us.' she retorted to the other woman, 'And as far as another me goes, I know nothing...' she shook her head, 'and well...does the world really need two of me?'

TakodaVega:
"Not exactly Zanfell. You can choose your destiny. Fate?" She chuckled. "Aren't most humans fated to die? I believe so." She glanced over between the two of them. "There's a gas station up the road from here that is still open." She reached into her back pocket and handed the woman who was formally, if not still, Shadow a twenty. "That should cover you for a bit. Human money has changed over the past forty years."

However her glance lingered on her still. "Vampires can kill themselves," she said slowly, "Normally the younger they are the easier it is for one to do so. Remember I've seen your lifetime," her blue eyes became deeper, more of sky blue before flickering back to that icy shield. "Even a Vampire dies, when they try to bleed themselves to death. You need the blood to make yourself heal. The faster you loose it, the slower it is to heal. You however...never died. Think about it."

Her eyes riveted towards Zanfell. "My language is a Dead one. Though by name I'm called Siofragana Amaranth Nyx." Which gave a whole other meaning to Phoenix's name all together. "There is a theory that through my father's line Nyx has given us immunity through the Night. Or at least that is how the story goes." She shrugged carefully, "Though I could easily destroy your ember from here it would only become a cycle of annoyance for everyone."

Her eyes flicked once more. "That doesn't tell me how you found me."

Cecidius:
"What would you expect, a phone call?" Zanfell asked. "Our blood is thick, and ancient. I am attuned to such things as old friends and ancient enemies waking from the long sleep." He dragged from his cigarette, and chuckled as Siofragana noted she could dowse his cigarette. However, such a challenge was not in their interest. A being who controls Ice, and one who masters Fire, such a contest would end horribly.

"What we need to ascertain, and put aside thoughts of mystical contests, is what exactly woke the two of you up at the same time." Zanfell noted. "Whatever it is, must be vexing, or else I would still be at home, further fortifying my thoughts from Him." He stepped away, turning away from them, and pulling out a small gem. It glowed dimly, with a pale red glimmer. He stowed it away again, quickly, and turned back, dragging again. "Any thoughts?"

Shu:
She eyed the woman carefully and nodded thanks as she took the twenty dollar bill. 'I recall that I could not die, you need not remind me.' She said while placing the money in her bra. 'As far as finding you...I followed him.' She pointed toward Zanfell.

She took a step back as the two chatted, 'Siofragana...even more complicated...great...' she thought to herself and then shrugged it off. Didn't matter what her name was now, she still seemed as complicated and temperamental as before.

She listened to what Zanfell had to say, 'I agree we ought to figure out what is going on this time.' Observing him stepping away, turning around, and pulling something out of his pocket. He quickly replaced whatever it was.

'All right then...I'm going to go get me some smokes.' She turned and began walking in the direction that Siofragana had pointed.

Shu

TakodaVega:
"Keep in mind, however, The Queen of Fire had been searching for my tomb for seven years. Which means whatever happened started over seven years ago." Those blue eyes of hers flicked toward the Vampyre, there was something about the gem that had caught her attention. "For all you're aloof nature, Zanfell, you still aren't as certain as you like to think you are."

Though her gaze drifted once more to the woman she knew as Shadow, her voice was light as she continued on that train of thought. "I do not mean to remind you of it, my dear, but you must take something else into account. If you remember the Creed couldn't kill me either. Nor could the body die in that same sense." She snorted however before shaking her head, "Angelus had always called me 'Phoenix', thus why when he found me after the Ritual, I took up that name." Siofragana leaned against the nearby wall. One leg slightly crossed over the other as she folded her arms across her chest in the same fashion. "My theory is someone upset the balance and something happened that shouldn't have. If it's important enough that was a seven year search for me alone this runs far deeper than what we thought."

Cecidius:
Zanfell snapped his fingers, and from the Nothing, a pack of cigarettes appeared. "Don't worry about it, cher." he said. He handed the pack to Shadow, and chained another cigarette. He leaned against another wall, and folded his own arms, sliding down against the wall, and resting at a position which made it look like he was sitting in a chair.

"So then, if she was looking for you, did she find you?" he asked, sucking on the paper. "The Queen of Fire, that is. Whomever that is." he finished. He disregarded her comment about his certainty and let it wash past. "And why exactly was she searching for you, anyway?"

Shu:
'Thank you' she took the pack of menthol cigarettes and packed them. 'Don't suppose you could poof me a lighter too?' She asked with a smile. 'I don't expect you to be there every time I want a smoke...Unless there is something I don't know...' she let her sentence trail off and her smile fade. Their past...was in the past...though it was Kaede and the Beast...not her and Zanfell, though she still wanted to know more. Kaede was still a part of her and she wanted to know the truth as Kaede had, did Zanfell have feelings for Shadow?

She put her cigarette between her lips and continued talking, 'Obviously the Queen of Fire found her, if not she wouldn't be here.' She looked over at Zanfell waiting for him to either light her cigarette or to poof her a lighter from the Void.

'Anyhow,' she continued pausing for only a second, 'I suppose I should give you this back,' she pulled the twenty out of her bra and handed it toward Siofragana, 'And I suppose we should figure out what happened seven years ago to start this all...'

She sat on the ground Indian style , 'Seven years ago I was captured by Lolindor's blood Father...Where were the rest of you?' She asked matter of factly.

She looked over at Siofragana, 'Where were you then?'

Siofragana, to her better known in the past as Phoenix, had been her sister, her confidant. Though Zanfell had come in a close second, and Beast closer to her still (in more ways than one) she still thought it best to confront Phe first.

TakodaVega:
"It's safe to assume Ishfaraelshra found my tomb. Only fire could wake me up from that deep of slumber." She glanced over Zanfell, "Considering I had no plans of waking, my mother must have found it to be important for me to do so." The Niamh is where Siofragana had gotten a majority of her appearances from, sans height. Her gaze moved towards the woman known as Shadow before shaking her head. "Keep it, you never know when neither of us will be around. It'll give you access to funds then."

When she started asking she stilled carefully. "I was in the pole at least in the beginning." She said carefully one leg crossing over the other as she continued to lean against the wall. "Though the other months I moved to find the source of the dreams I had been having. Nightmares really. Vampires don't dream like normal people do. We're not supposed to anyway. So I can only assume these Dreams are messages from someone trying to contact me." She shrugged carefully. "I sent my feelers out into the land to see if anyone else could be found but I found no one above the surface of my Blood so I went to restore the Resources until I could figure out the dreams."

Cecidius:
"I was in a cave, focusing myself and healing from when the Beast was in control. Several Hunters came to find me over that time. It was a turbulent time." Zanfell rubbed his chest a bit. "At least I know I haven't been forgotten." He smiled faintly, and chuckled. The Vampyre sat on the ground, resting against a tree trunk. He dragged on his cigarette, and let the smoke plume out of his nostrils.

"And so... what have you figured out?" Zanfell replied to Phoenix. "The suspense is killing me." he said, slipping his hand into his pocket. He produced a coin from his pocket, and began running it between his fingers.

Shu:
Tired of watching Zanfell smoke and having a pack of her own now that she couldn't smoke without a light, she stood up and she leaned over Zanfell touching her cigarette to his and sucked in. It lit her cigarette and brought back memories from Kaede, his scent was what reminded her. Kaede had been close to the Beast, much closer than many realized. Other than the two of them no one really knew what had happened between Kaede and the Beast.

'You will never be forgotten.' She told him while looking him in the eyes. She may have changed but Kaede, and Shadow, would always be a part of her. Therefore, the Beast and Zanfell would never be forgotten.

She looked into his eyes for only a few seconds and stood back up. She turned and looked at Siofragana, 'You never mentioned that you mother was still alive.' She said it as a statement and as something that should not be elaborated on, she went on, 'I'm sure we all have been undead long enough to know that dreams are something different to Vampires.' She distinctly said Vampires because she still did not consider herself a Vampyre. 'You of all people should know that I know that.' She knew that she had shared many a dream with Phoenix that was not necessarily 'common' for a Vampire. She continued, 'And I guess I'm not of your blood technically, since I was...yet again technically... above ground.'

"And so... what have you figured out?" Zanfell replied to Phoenix. "The suspense is killing me." he said.

'And how are you so sure she even knows?' She asked abruptly, 'She isn't all knowing like most tend to think.'

It was true that her feelings toward Siofragana, better know to them as Phoenix, weren't all that pleasant. She still blamed Phoenix for abandoning her when she needed her to the most. That wouldn't go away easily. Granted she realized that Phoenix wasn't omnipotent or anything like that, but she still felt like someone as close as her sister, Phe, should have been there for her when she needed it, even if she had tried to bock her out. That's how sisters were supposed to be right?

TakodaVega:
Her blue eyes looked at them carefully, "That is because my Mother is not really alive. She is the Firebird of Myth, the real Phoenix. She is cursed to be reborn over and again until someone can free her from it. She lives in what most mortals would call Heaven with the other Angels however every time she comes onto this plane she must die somehow."

She glanced over at Zanfell, "From what I've gathered the only real means to be given dreams that are not directly from feedings and your own memories have to come from the Shadow Realm. Not the Void, but more towards the border line between the Void and Chaos. Not many people can access that at all."

She never admitted to being omnipotent, well versed, maybe, but she was several thousand years old so her knowledge, and her library, were soon becoming unrivaled. She stared at the woman she knew once as Shadow, "To my knowledge there has only been taking of blood from either blood whether than the mutual exchange required to make another Vampire part of their Bloodline. However because you and I have exchanged blood in one fashion or another it is at least easier to communicate unless the mind is not on this plane."

Cecidius:
"Well, then. Isn't that great news." Zanfell said, facing Phoenix. He turned away, and faced the moon. "I suppose, then, that we have to figure out what your mother wants. If what you're implying is that she has the power to enter this realm and affect dreams." He shook his head and took another drag. "Finding her to ask her for your allowance may be a bit difficult, I presume."

He then faced Shadow. He thought back to the Beast's memories, the passion that the two had felt for each other. The time they'd spent with each other. A smile involuntarily crept upon his face as the Beast's memories played like a movie in his mind. Before the Beast had taken control of him, and enjoyed Kaede's company, he had never truly thought of Shadow in that way.

He found himself staring, and blinked to break his gaze. He turned back to the moon, and, cigarette resting on his lips, he put his hands behind his back, and stared blankly into the stars. "Where should we start, then?"

Shu:
'Easier to communicate huh?' she murmured to herself thinking back to when she was taken by Lolindor's blood Father. 'So shouldn't she have been able to find me if she wanted to?' she thought to herself. She shook her head to get the thought out of her mind, now was not the time to dwell on the past. They needed to figure out what was going on.

She caught Zanfell staring at her but choose not to address it at that time. She took a drag off her now lit cigarette and slowly exhaled. 'So where might we be able to find this mother of yours?' she asked, 'Or does it even really matter finding her? Knowing you for so long in a matter like this, if she is anything like you, she will just give a cryptic type of answer that we will still have to figure out on our own.'

She turned to Zanfell, 'I don't suppose it will be too difficult to find her provided that she,' she nodded toward Siofragana, 'should be able to find her own mother through blood. And if that doesn't work and she is in what people call "Heaven" we should be able to find her there still.' She had air quoted 'heaven' and proceeded to take another drag off her cigarette. 'You may not recall, seeing as it was so long ago and you were battling with the beast at the time, but I do have a small amount of angel blood in me...so theoretically I should be able to track someone in "Heaven"' She took another hit off her cig after air quoting again. 'Or at least that is what I have been told.' She shrugged. Quite honestly she really just wanted to get this all over with and go back to sleep, but she refused to be half-assed about it because if she was she knew that it would come back to bite her in the ass.

'So what say you two?'

TakodaVega:
"So long as the mind is still on this mental plane in some way then yes. However certain traumatic events can even make it impossible to find a mind lost in a sea of chaos. I should know." She stared at the two of them. "No one heard Angelus, and no one heard me when I was possessed by the Creed."

That wasn't far from the truth, no one had been able to find Angelus for years, because he had chosen to remain hidden in his darkness of Death. However now he had finally saved his piece of the prophecy. Their children had continued their own paths along Destiny which only left Siofragana herself. A very old Queen now. One of the oldest Vampires that still lived, and knew the old ways.

Her lips twitched, "My Mother is from a race of people that have been dead before man knew what their Creator was. And died because of being who they were, the guardians to the Celestial Well." Siofragana remained near the wall, "Cryptic is the understatement of the century. She was the one who was the voice to the Oracles back in the Ancient World."

"However she is not a concern to our need," she pushed herself from the wall, "I could not find my mother even if I tried. She is the Firebird, which means that every time she dies she is born anew in the flames of Eden." Those ice blue eyes held years of wisdom in them, "Her blood changes every time she dies, the mother of my birth has been dead for over six thousand years now. This is the woman she is, and always will be until the Lady releases her from the Cycle."

Her ice blue eyes stared at the woman who she had known as many names. "The Question is who are you now?"

Shu

Cecidius:
Zanfell was visibly getting perturbed. Having spent the last however many years meditating and sealing the Beast deep within his mind and soul, he had felt something calling through the endless Void. A summons to fulfill someone's Destiny. He took one last drag from the half-smoked cigarette, and put it out against his hand. "For the Elements' sake, how many times must I ask?" he said, turning to face Phoenix.

"You say your Mother is cryptic, but by the many gods men have worshiped, I can't imagine she's more cryptic than you are." He raised his right hand, and rested his forehead against his fingers, massaging it. He sighed, "You summoned us here, for whatever purpose, and have done little but talk in bleeding circles. I haven't a sodding idea what you may be wanting, and honestly, it's beginning to seem like you just called out to us to play catchup. If you have a purpose in us being here, please, for the love of Terra, tell us what you want."

He finished massaging his forehead, ran his hand through his alabaster hair, and put it to rest against his hip. "Otherwise, I'm going to go. I just came from my meditations, and haven't seen Alucard since I started them. While I already said he could handle himself, he is still young, and prone to getting into trouble. I could be getting into trouble with him, and at least be amusing myself."

Shu:
Looking over at the woman she once knew as Phoenix she replied, 'I suppose now that you ask me that I have to choose a name for myself...again...'

She took out a new cigarette and lit it with the dying ember of her last one. Exhaling smoke she looked at Zanfell, 'I agree she is cryptic. Though by now, we both should know, that she wouldn't wake us unless she had a damn good reason.' she took another puff of her cigarette.

'She has been playing catchup to understand where we have been and to see what we have been involved with to understand if we have any idea of what is going on, at least that is my guess. I for one have no clue what is going on and want to get on with it.'

'How is Alucard?' she quipped taking another drag off her cigarette, 'I haven't seen the boy in ages, though by now he is much older and I wouldn't really consider him young.' She meant no disrespect by this statement and hoped that Zanfell understood that. Alucard had been around for quite a while and had help all of them through some tough spots. In her eyes he was no longer young and if Zanfell considered him young that was his opinion but the boy was long overdue to be calling a man but seeing the age difference between him and her she would always call him a boy. She smiled at that thought, 'Someone younger that me for a change.' she thought.

'In any case,' she turned and looked at her long lost 'sister', 'I suppose just call me Ren for now.' She took one last puff of her cigarette and put it out at her feet, 'And I also suppose it would be a good idea to fill the both of us in on what's really going on.'

TakodaVega:
"Actually, Zanfell, considering she was what gave the Oracles their foresight, or so I have heard according some ancient texts, I would be fairly certain she is the source of every cryptic prophecy that has been erected in the stand of time during Man, or even the Undead realms." She then gave him a perplexed look, a single eyebrow raising. "Summoned you? I did no such thing. Actually I was trying to solve the puzzle of the voice that had just tried to pull at me through my feeding when I sensed the ripple through here."

Her gaze drifted to Sha-no she mentally corrected herself, Ren, those blue eyes analyzing a minute, "The only thing I was told when I had awoken was I was that someone needed me here. And that those of the Shadow world would come back to try to reclaim something that was once lost, and will remember." She tapped a finger against her forearm before glancing back to Zanfell, "You should keep better tabs of your Childe, Zanfell, he may be old enough to fend for himself and has been your companion for so many years but that doesn't bar you from negligence. Who knows we may need him this time."

Pushing herself away from the wall she made her way to Ren, however, looking at her intently before tilting her head. "Something tells me that the reason that not everything is as they should be. There is a reason where I want to say its you screaming in my head. A you that is not you. However I could be just old and the demon blood I had fed upon those many years ago has affected my rational thought. Yet every time I hear it I feel like I need to find it." Her eyes narrowed. "Another you, maybe." Glancing back to Zanfell before shooting a glance back to Ren. "You may go as you will, I'm certain than now that we know everyone is awake we can find them as we need to."

"We need to figure out this puzzle. I had chosen sleep because I felt that my job had been done, apparently fate has other plans. For all of us."

Cecidius:
"I released Alucard into the world to find his own way. I know where he is, Phoenix. I am not negligent, I am allowing him his time to grow into his abilities on his own. We must all strike out and learn our own ways. Existence in my shadow would not allow him to grow." Zanfell replied to Phoenix's accusation.

"Well, how would you propose we learn how something not her is speaking to you, when it is not her speaking to you?" he thought for a moment, pacing about. "Perhaps we could wait for a time when the being speaks to, and search out the astral trail of the communique... A mark would be left in the Astral plane from whence the mystic calling came from."

He stopped, and kneeled down, perching on his haunches and resting his right hand against the ground. He turned to Ren, and smiled. "He's doing fine so last I learned. I receive missives every now and then from my many contacts round the world, who keep me apprised of their areas. I also occasionally scry on the Childe. He is presently in Paris, being entertained by many of my old friends' children there." He chuckled at the prospect, and spread his legs out, and sat down normally.

"That was at least two weeks ago, now. He may have moved on by now."

Shu:
She eyed the other woman as she talked about the voice that she had heard. She turned to Zanfell and smiled, 'I assume one of his stops was Moulin Rouge? I'm glad to hear he is doing well, though I would have loved to have seen him.' She shrugged, 'Oh well, later I guess.'

Turning back to Siofragana she questioned, 'A me that is not me?' She quirked an eyebrow and then tilted her head a little to the right thinking. 'How could that be? It couldn't really could it?' she straightened her head and her eyes opened at a thought, 'Wait...You said those of the Shadow world and you said they would come looking to reclaim something that was lost?'

Groaning she sat down indian style and lit up a new cigarette. 'This can't be happening...' she shook her head as she exhaled smoke. 'If it has even the smallest part to do with what I think it does...this is not good news.'

Her mind wandered off back to when she was captured by Lolindor's blood Father. Shivering she shook herself mentally as well. * I'm just thinking too far into this...I have to be. He can't be coming after me again. Can he?* Her thoughts raced though her head. She took another drag of her cigarette trying to calm herself down.

TakodaVega

"Making a childe find his own way can be all fine and well, Zanfell but where was he when you were consumed with the Beast?" She raised an eyebrow as those blue eyes honed on him. "My own Children knew when I was taken by the Creed those many years ago, they fought to the best they could. Now it and Carmilla, the Queen of Illusions, are no more. And the life we know has righted itself as it should have so long ago."

However her gaze drifted towards the woman whom she had known for so many years, "The difference is the person I heard in my head, the her that is not her, has been gone a very long time. Centuries in fact. A time when I could not find her no matter how far my reach went." She was referring to Shadow. Shadow whom had been a shadow of her former self after the destruction of her own Sire. "In the many years you have known us, we all have changed."

She crouched down slowly in front of her and reached for her chin, those ice blue eyes focused as she tilted her head. The scars from her bite had all but faded, but they were still there to her keen eyesight. "When I fed from you, I gained your memories, perhaps only as your form as Kaede, but they are still there. There are Memories that even I could not gain from you. Memories you have buried deep. Maybe now is the time to tell us who exactly is behind all of this."

She released her hold on Ren's chin, "But not here." She stood back up and eyed the night sky, "We could return back to my Home, if that would make things easier on everyone. There are no ears within the walls there, and there are no shadows to hide and keep their secrets."
Only in our sweetest lullaby do we realize how forsaken we are...
Because we're living in a fairy tale of lies.

Cecidius

"Were Alucard to have been around during the time the Beast was rampant, Alucard would have been unable to contest me." Zanfell replied to Siofragana. "That is aside the point entirely." He leaned against the wind, and listened to Siofragana speaking to Ren. The Ancient Vampyre Lord put his hands behind his head, and knotted his fingers together.

Siofragana mentioned returning to her home to speak further of what they would plan to do. From behind closed eyes and a relaxed - perhaps more appropriately, bored - demeanor, he spoke up, "So, does that mean we'll finally leave this empty boring field?" He chuckled to himself, and opened his eyes. "Lead the way, Siofragana."

((Sorry for crap post))

Shu

Ren turned so Siofragana could not look her in the eyes, though she still listened. She noted Siofragana looking at her scars, 'They still have not fully healed.' She said in a hushed voice.

"When I fed from you, I gained your memories, perhaps only as your form Kaede, but they are still there. There are mamories that even I could not gain from you. Memories you have burried deep. Maybe now is the time to tell us who exactly is behind all of this."

'You also do not know what happened after you fed from me...neither of you...' she replied.

She stood, 'the only shadows there, I'm sure will be my own.' That was her consent to follow Siofragana to her home.

She was acting calm and cool though her thoughts were racing back to Lolindor's blood father and what happened before she finally slept.

She pulled out another cigarette and walked over to Zanfell, her hands were slightly shaking as she just reached into his pocket and pulled out a lighter. She lit the cigarette and as calmly as she could exhaled. Then she leaned over Zanfell again and replaced the lighter, yet again catching the scent of him.

TakodaVega

"There is no question of leading, it a simple question of if you can keep up." She spoke calmly before watching the two a moment more. Concern filtered through her features before she turned away and walked, with the thick 'thump' of her heels as she walked along the main road. The road that wound along the path away from the main city to a dark path.

Of course a path that was everywhere and nowhere as the powerful side path rippled into place along one side. Obviously to those of the darker natured it was a different sort of path. She checked behind her to see if her wayward old companions had kept up with her. "Shadows aren't always the enemy." She said calmly as she brought a cupped palm to her lips and blew. Frost formed along the ripples to reveal an old seal. Even a Vampyr could tell whatever was behind it wanted was well hidden. Pricking her finger she placed a drop of blood within the seal, the old gears turning in place before the gates opened to the ancient home.

It was if nothing had changed in the centuries since they had been separated and left to find their own ways. The old home stood proud, surrounded by the wayward trees of old as she made her way to the door opening it without a care as it opened silently. Frost lined some of the windows, obviously to help keep Siofragana from overheating in her own home. Age, and an long ancient blood transfusion with a demon, had left the female stronger within the cold. Turning into the living area, she waved her hands to a nearby couch while taking her place into a chair.

The chair was almost a gothic-like throne as she sat upon it, her legs crossing one of the other while her hands folded across her lap. Her everlasting train of patience remaining until they finally sat. With a thought the door shut and the fire came to life in the hearth. "Now then, as we were saying..."

Cecidius

Zanfell lingered for a moment while Ren hovered next to him, letting her bathe in his scent for a moment longer while Siofragana spoke and began to lead down the road. He slid out of Ren's reach, and stopped for a moment, hovering in the air, again. He extended his arm to her, and waited for her to take it. "Shall we?"

As they walked down the road, he watched as Siofragana opened a hidden door to a safely concealed Coven. A Coven that none of them had seen for what seemed an eon. "By the Elements... This bleeding tower still stands?" Zanfell remarked. He led Ren through the door, letting her step in before him, and continued following Siofragana through the halls towards the chair she finally sat down in. A fire started of it's own accord in the hearth, and Zanfell released Ren to float over to the fire.

He let himself down, and stood now, on the ground in front of the hearth. His hand reached out and rested against the mantle piece, his eyes fixated on the flames. A cigarette floated from the pack to the fire, caught flame enough to light, and retracted to Zanfell's rising hand. Pursing his lips, he drew on the cigarette, and let the plumes flow through his nostrils.

"I was saying very little, to be honest. Mostly that I'm quite bored of the roundabout that one, or both of you seem to be engaged in. We may be ancient fucking beings, and have all the time in the universe, barring decapitation, extreme sunlight exposure, or some such other thing, but that doesn't mean we have to talk riddles for all eternity."

Shu

Ren noted that Zanfell had slid out of her reach and took a drag off her cigarette. She exhaled it slowly, blowing rings with the smoke, before taking his arm. 'I suppose we shall.'

She walked with her arm linked to Zanfell and yet again thought about the past with the two of them as Kaede and the Beast.  She shook her head, yet again, to clear her thoughts. *I can't think about that now, though his scent does stir old memories.*

Siofragana led them to a place Ren had not seen in ages. Zanfell let go of her and allowed her to enter first, always a gentleman. 'Thank you.' she looked him in the eyes as she said it.

'Doesn't look like much has changed...' she murmured to herself as they walked in further she was not surprised in the least that Pho...no Siofragana...had not changed a thing.  It was going to take her a while to get used to the name changed.

She followed Siofragana to the den that she had sat in millions of times and took a seat.

"Now then, as we were saying..."

Ren took a deep drag off of her cigarette and exhaled slowly to help get her mind straight. 'Well, we were talking about what had happened to all of us since we saw eachother last...'

She took another drag off her cigarette, 'Last I saw Zanfell he was in his own cave/ hide out with K and Alucard.  Alucard nearly scorched himself to help get me above ground and I left. I transformed into my angelic state...I'm sure you remember it...' She paused thinking back.

Taking a large sigh and another drag off her cigarette she continued, 'After that it was like I was mesmerized...I just followed a path already set for me. It ended at a place I never thought it would. Well...I suppose I should say that it ended at a place with a being I never thought it would.'

She took another drag of her cigarette and told them exhaling as she spoke, 'Lolindor's blood father was there...'

TakodaVega

"The Tower was built for me in mind, Zanfell, and it will remain standing until I cease to exist," came the calm voice from in front of them as she led them inside. Her gaze was more fixed on Ren. She knew more was going on than what was being said though Zanfell's voice caught her attention as well. "I was raised to understood the truth is written in riddles. The prophecies that are laid into our very lives are written into our very being. After all, without it we wouldn't have destroyed the Creed."

Her eyes saddened significantly before turning to a more focused gaze. Magi had sacrificed himself so that they all could live without the Creed, and it was not something she took very easily. He had been pieces of the two men who had affected her life the most. Her half-brother, Seco, who had bore the burden of the Blood element, and Angelus. Angelus the father of her two children, children of the Terran prophecy, and though magically created, she never forgot how he had been for her. She had a lost love feel, so when they both truly died...

Her mind snapped back towards Ren however as she listened to her speak. "It could be that the mesmerized path you have may have been engrained into you when your angelic state became available." She tapped her finger against her thigh in thought. Unlike the smokers across from her, Siofragana was a very methodical person, and her coping mechanisms were to think the situation through even under stress. "What would Lolindor's blood father want with you, Ren?" She asked gently having a slightly anxious feeling in her head.

If He had been the reason she now had, whom she was sure was Shadow, crying in her head, she was going to kill him. She wouldn't hesitate in doing so. Perhaps the Demon had rubbed off on her more than she thought.

Cecidius

"Ah, yes. Alucard's foolish attempt to get away from me. By the Five, I hardly remember why I was incapacitated..." He sat and thought back to that day, trying to piece the memories together. The plumes flowed from his mouth as he sat in contemplation. After two drags, and a moment of silence, he spoke, again, "That is neither here nor there, really. After that occurred, I came to with K missing, and Alucard at the bottom of the pit, scorched, as you recall. I released him from my Tutelage, and told him to begin his Journey. He would be on his own for fifty years."

He leaned against the hearth, and chuckled triumphantly. "He is actually doing quite well. K on the other hand, I have not been in contact with since. I do not have the slightest idea where she may have gone. I can only presume that she is doing well, though. I have faith in her. I would know if she were in trouble, or dead. If I do not know where she is, it is because she has integrated well. Which is exactly what I taught her to do."

He turned and looked at Ren. Something inside of him groaned with desire. He suppressed his thoughts, and pushed them aside. Such things are base, and lead to further temptations. Giving in too much could end in losing control.

And he had worked so hard over the last many years to regain, and maintain control.

*Would it be so wrong, though?* he questioned himself. He averted his gaze, and turned to the fire, placing his hand on the hearth, and staring into the flames. He flicked his cigarette into the flames, and held his hand aloft, manipulating the flames, and causing them to dance. "I myself left this world, and retreated to the Void. The Beast was gaining power again, and far too soon. I spent many years in seclusion, starving myself and the Beast in order to strengthen my spirit, mind, and will." He turned around again, pulling a small tuft of flame to his hand. It hovered above his hand, and flickered with vitality.

"I am in control, again." He snuffed out the flame by clenching his fist. His hand then fell to his side, as he released his fist.

He turned to Siofragana, and smirked. "You should remember that I put no stock in Fate. Our lives are our own to live, our stories our own to write. If we suffer but a moment of writer's block, the book is finished." He chuckled, and lifted his shirt. His muscles were tense, as a warrior's would be, and tattoos trailed across his body. A silver stake lay in his chest, clearly where his heart would be. "If Fate did control us, my tale would have ended when I received this. It has not, and I have continued to author my own destiny."

When Ren spoke of Lolindor's Sire, Siofragana wondered to his motives. Zanfell sat silent at this, not actually remembering much about Lolindor. *Perhaps my time alone has rendered some of my memories a bit hazy...* he thought, and waited for Ren to continue.*

Shu

Ren took one last drag off her cigarette and pulled another out of the pack she currently had. She lit the new cigarette with the old one and then tossed it across the room into the fire near Zanfell. She exhaled a thick plume of smoke and sighed.

She looked over at Zanfell and said, "You may not remember but Lolindor was my blood father...the only person I have ever truly loved romantically."

She turned her gaze to Siogfragana "I doubt it was ingrained into me due to my angelic state...I believe it was something that Phillip did to me when he held me captive...I believe he was involved with Lolindor's blood father."

She took another long drag off her cigarette and stared at the fire burning in front of her. Her gaze was unseeing and not focused. The shadows behind the flames began to leap and coil higher than the flames could reach. They coiled and ran quickly up the chimney with certainty and an almost heated passion. She came to after a moment and shook her head. The shadows faded quickly.

"Lolindor's blood father called me the Tamuríl Tîwele, the Raindancer..."

TakodaVega

Siofragana was quiet a moment, listening to both of them, though she had a thought she put to use later on but right now she needed to focus. "Fate is death for all of us one day Zanfell, destiny is what we choose. Even I know not to tempt that Web just yet to have that fate come into my life yet. Though the web is a bit of a construct that no one is supposed to see. We are not allowed to see where the weaves go and break. Perhaps when you were staked you weren't meant to die yet...just like it's not a bad thing to be a little Mad if the Queens are to be believed."

She seldom spoke of the Queens but when she did she knew best not to summon them because one would remind her of her oath and the other would destroy everyone in the room as a game. Order and Chaos. Though at the return back to Ren she brought a finger to her lips almost in thought. "There is power in blood, though the Change is different to everyone there is a different for those who are born and those who are made. Those who are born are born with an immunity to the Call, no vampire except those among the most ancient can summon a vampire who is a child born as such. Though that depends on the lineage too. I could no more summon my own children than those who are still older than me. However I could summon those from newer lines."

She drew in a breath, though it was mostly out of reflex than actual need, Tel had made sure of that, "Made vampires must obey the call of their Sire without question. They can withstand it perhaps if they are older and exposed to the pull often enough to sense it. However every child that is turned and they turn their own all share the blood of a common source, that's the way Covens stay in power. The head of the coven, can summon a newborn fledgling if they so desired to do so. Though the pull is fainter the more diluted the line but it is restricted to the line itself. Lolindor's blood father could have a had a pull on you that didn't come to form until you were Awake."

The term though was lost to the ancient coven queen at the mention of the name, "The Raindancer?" Perhaps there were more questions than answers in the shadows running in the woman's mind that Siofragana couldn't fix.