News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

The Kingdom of Light, The Kingdom of Night (DoctorRed x Uriel Seraphim)

Started by Uriel Seraphim, October 14, 2011, 06:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorRed

"Beautiful? Surely I'd have known if the water could double as a mirror. Was I not told?" he said peering over as he flushed a bit and gave a warm smile at that, looking her over as she spoke, his eyes on her and nodded, glancing back at his people as they mingled a bit, and turned his eyes back to her. "I thought you would think me too brutish to commune with, let alone even entertain the thought of marriage. I thought I had carved that lute to be smashed before my eyes on the trip here. I am glad you didn't, I don't know that I could have stood for it," he admitted. "You'll find I'm plenty uncivilized, I'm sure, but you are a marvelous creature to allow me this chance, princess. "

"I would... I would learn, but in truth, the stories are not for me, nor are the sights. There is another man I would have see it before me, if you would come with me to the plains first. My brother is a scholar, and though our father hides him from the courts and battle, he pines for no less than to..." he searched for the words, and shrugged a little. "Well, the centaur call it 'to flap legs like wings in the woods', if you understand. He's very taken with Faye culture, it seems. He was very envious of me." he added, with a rueful grin. "If you would meet him, it would surely be enough to cause him to grow wings, if anything would," he told her, chuckling a little. "If you would have it, I'd like to see him borne safely to your kingdom, not a prisoner, though. That fate I would take for my own, if you would allow him passage. I would swear my hands on his good intention." Eyes traveled down to his hands and he wondered at the words he'd said without thinking. He supposed with his fathers influence, he may well have no hands one day, because of it. He'd known swordsmen without hands and they were not the sort to be around at any time you could help. They were sad creatures, full of despair. He supposed his fate should be as such, after the life he'd led.

He nodded curtly at her proposal and made his presence known with a few words in his language and his men were lined up suddenly and at attention. His arrogance and need for peace had worked to whittle his list down to these four, the men he trusted most. They were his captains and leaders of every battle for the last ten years. He named them as he strode past, introducing Sadakh, the chestnut who'd been so full of japes during their talk, the one who wore crimson armor. There was Kuritz, an eye-patched white man who stood stiffly at attention, though his black brother beside him had enough food and japes for the both of them. The two were rarely seen apart, as they were so different they seemed natural companions, though they often quarreled. The final one was a grey spotted horseman who stood a bit shorter, but he seemed more wizened as he bowed his head in turn, like all the others, their helmets under their arms. The last one was Tidakh seemed older and more wizened. He carried a halberd, where the others carried swords, save for Sadakh who'd taken mad in love with his battle axe and hatchets. Who knew a centaur could love such a weapon?

Uriel Seraphim

Eriathiel's smile was grand. "I would be glad to meet my future brother. I have never had a sibling..." she thought about that, how wonderful it would feel to have a larger family. "I hope he has not idealized us, I fear if he meets me some of his curiosity may dwindle. Once we have seen your Kingdom, perhaps it would be nice for you to share the sight of my own with him. I would likely need to have words with him before hand, much has changed for us since the last time we released histories to the greater world. If we wed, perhaps he could have a permanent station amongst my people." She mused. "If he truly enjoys our culture so much, perhaps he could begin as a religious ambassador for a while before crossing over into a more political role should he desire it?" Eriathiel smiled, "If he were as such, I would be honored to teach him of our practices myself."

She stood by his side as Takardh introduced his companions. "It is an honor to meet you all." Eriathiel said as she made eye contact with each and every one of Takardh's warriors. "I look forward to getting to know each of you as this month progresses," she looked to her intended then, "and hopefully, continue to do so once this month is through." She was not sure whether or not it would be acceptable to kiss them on the cheek as she would have within her homelands, and so settled on a strong hand shake instead.

She called to her companions in her homelands tongue, the sound of whispering winds and bells filling the air in words. They came to stand beside the Centaurs, as if already bonded by brotherhood. It was a simple action that caught at her heart. She smiled at all of them, deeply moved by the symbolism she knew they had deliberately committed. She began to introduce them all, watching as both the men and women bowed with hands over their hearts and eyes down at to the ground.

The Priestesses were first in line. Erudessa Larethar, a tall and slim woman was first in line. She was older than Eriathiel by about twenty years, but the Faye did not age as most did. It was Erudessa whom had trained Eriathiel in the ways of the faith. It had made sense to bring the sweet hearted woman. The second Priestess was Alwen Gaethsyr, Eriathiel's first charge to train. She had not wanted to leave the poor girl without a mentor for a full month and what better place to learn than amongst the Seraphim?

Then came her closest of friends, Saitôriel Vanlinde was a pureblood aristocrat, cousins to Eriathiel's family. The princess had always been jealous of her friend's tight, waist length blonde curls. It was not the look of them, but the gorgeous texture which had most enthralled her. Eshlairima Cromren stood beside the shorter girl, her perfect opposite in truth because of her short black hair and midnight blue skin. What she believed would surprise her Centuar was that the Faye were not all white skinned as once assumed. Rainidrendirya Aldatauré was last. She was a quiet creature, the one whom had been getting rather cosy with one of Takardh's centaurs. 

The elementalist's were next, Faebannya Rhuilinde and Mirnel Larendilindal were twins born to different fathers. They were sweet girls she had studied with while learning how to both enhance and control her powers, and though Eriathiel knew they were not the most talented pair, they possessed adequate capabilities to accomplish any task Eriathiel may ask of them. The third Elementalist with her was Tihaselion Lanthansel, the young maidens mage-work tutor.

And finally, her personal guards, the four men who had protected her from birth. Kithrauthion Felethina, Rimewë Aldalinde, Erunaeien Orvaul and Alaan Tinuron stood with the strength of their shoulders and birth right. All were kind under most circumstances, and easy to get along with should you desire it, but it was their history which made them loveable to Eriathiel. They were all over 100yrs old and had guarded the princess for the duration of her life. She knew they would give their lives for her if she were to ask it. But hopefully, such a thing would never happen.

DoctorRed

The centaur looked upon her with an amused smile as she suggested a fitting fate for his brother. He would love that, he knew, even the chance to meet just one Faye would change his whole world for the better, and relieve him entirely of the pressure of their father to grow into the last-born warrior son and fight along side the other soldiers, though his station was far above them. Such was the fate of such a last-born son in their lands and it was that fate that Takardh had kept him so close and away from. It had been a hard thing to deny him passage to the winged realm and in the company of the people he held so dear to in his heart, but there were darker tidings to be had somewhere.

If their meeting had gone poorly and an insult had cropped up among them, there might have been blood. It was a delicate alliance and though most of them looked seasoned to battle, especially his centaur and her guards. He felt that with them all together, if tensions rose too far above what they were at their meeting, he felt that the rift would be a blood bath.  He only prayed it needn't come to that, that their blades need not rise in battle even here, so far away from their homes and where they should have left their ostentatious prides. But no sentient beast was ever sentient enough to do just that, were they? 

He turned to each of her people and felt his fist collide with his shoulder in a centaurs' salute as he was introduced to each of the ones in turn and he bowed low, tilting his head down, his helmet under his free arm until they reached the final grouping of her guards. He wondered if he might have brought a few more of his own people, but it had been so hard just choosing the four that he had brought that he feared that any more and he would not be able to fully reign them in. The lot he'd chosen weren't the most diplomatic, but with the twins he'd known since birth, and the wizened older one, he'd trained the prince in every weapon he could lay his hands on, showing him how to hunt and how to prepare for battle, how to end it swiftly.

He supposed that the most troublesome would be his close friend, Sadakh who'd been so taken to talking to one of the Faye on his own. He should have been proud  but something within him made him worry for their words. Could it be just nerves, or did he feel he should already reign in his friend, lest he offend someone? Truly, he trusted these four to hold their tongues and swords-hands most, but that was hardly saying anything. The land in strife, his people had become more quick to anger and easier to tempt than before. He turned his eyes on the princess and bowed in turn to her, lower than before, one of his foreleg bending to allow for the compensation, before he lowered his fist to his side and looked to her, standing upright.

"It is glorious to meet your people, and be met by them on such terms,"

The crew had kept to themselves for the most part before the sail had been raised,  the oars drawing back as the cloth was raised and bathed them all in a wide shadow, the wind taking it and pulling the ship along swiftly. The lurch might have bothered some of the centaur but none made to move until finally Takardh felt the exercise over and bade them to relax and resume whatever it was they'd been doing. He turned to look upon the sea patiently, though his stomach felt in knots for his worrying. Suddenly curious at the thoughts he must have had when he'd brought his entourage. To come alone would have called for his death faster than anything else, but maybe bringing even just these four had been too much a gamble. His brother would have gushed and made merriment the whole time, but his unease made him long for another hour running alongside him, and laughing as he told him the importance of the different things in the world he'd read about, or some story he'd heard only recently.

Uriel Seraphim

Once the introductions were done, Eriathiel found herself chatting in part to some of the centaurs, and partly glancing about to see the waters changing. She was trying to be sociable, refined and courteous. She knew fell well the impression she made on her intended's companion would have an effect of the image that would spread through his Kingdom. Word of mouth was the best way to spread a positive, or negative, image. It was not until they were a mere twenty minutes from their destination, the mighty Kingdom that was Seraphina looming in the distance, that she noticed something was wrong with her intended. She excused herself from the conversation she currently found herself and walked towards him.

Eriathiel laid a small gentle hand on his shoulder and looked up at her incredibly large companion. She barely came to the top of his hip, after all. "Is something wrong Takardh?"  She asked. "You seem... pensive."

Perhaps he was worried of what he would find in Seraphina, or worried that they would soon come to hate one another. Or maybe... maybe he had heard the rumors as well; the rumors that the Northern kingdoms were planning an attack against Terra and Lumara. She did not like to hear even a whisper of such things. But Eriathiel felt confident that they would not be able to enter Lumara, Carparthia protected her Kingdom too greatly. But still... it was why she had proposed to her father they send aid to the Northern Kingdoms. Perhaps if they sent healing remedies they could soothe the hurt feelings between the Northern and Western regions before another war was declared. Eriathiel would hate for Takardh and she to stop a war, only to have another break out during such a time.

There would be benefits of course, it could unite their people she supposed. Having a common goal or common enemy often did as such. But to murder was not the prerogative of the Faye, they wished for prosperity... not death. To fight another war... it would break her Kingdoms heart. At least now that they were merely defending themselves the Faye could justify what they had done, justifying using whatever was at their disposal in order to preserve their kind and benefit the world tomorrow... Killing the Northern people would not be a noble dead.

DoctorRed

Takardh had been standing alone a while and off in his thoughts. He had considered many of the angles and ruled himself out as one of the ones who might cause trouble. He had taken his measures carefully and debated to himself if he shouldn't send his men home on the ship before they set hoof on the land they were traveling to. He supposed it would be better not to, but he wanted more than anything to have brought his brother along and kept him from running amok.

This diplomacy was a thing he'd need to work on, he supposed. For now,t hey all seemed behaved and well-mannered. He let them do as they pleased. There was nothing he could do about it now without causing a fuss and he didn't really care for that either. The world was too big for him, yet still here it was, in the palm of their hands, in parts that they were to fit together and hold between them. Maybe it was better this way, than the other. He wasn't sure.

Surprised, he blinked and looked down at her with a bit of the surprise lingering on his face before he returned it to a good-natured grin and shrugged his shoulders. He was struck suddenly by how very small she was, and he spoke to her. "I only... I wonder about the world. It's so great, and even a single fiefdom can be so much to one man, yet there are those who would seek to rule it all. And there are those who would mend it, with their own hands. To break a kingdom is a kings task at times, but to mend a kingdom is the task of it's people. We seek to turn our people from this and mend it ourselves. I only wonder if it can be done. Even this short ride had been so enlightening, you must think I  am as changing as the winds here on the water." he told her, glancing down to her tiny form.

"The world is a broken thing to some,  but it keeps turning as it is. The sky is no less blue the day after one kingdom falls and another rises. My people were foolish to oppose you, and ignorant to go to war."
he said, palms on the rail. "Yet still we fought, regardless of warnings. " His ear and tail flickered a bit, and he glanced back down at her. As the ship neared the new kingdom he had eyes only for her, at least for now. The lurching of the boat and the changing of the waves didn't bother him so much now, but he supposed he'd be back to feeling ill when they moved to board it again.

"You're really small, you know that?" he asked, grinning a bit as he watched her.

Uriel Seraphim

She laughed, "I am of the Faye, my people value lack of height in women. You're really big, did you know that?" she retorted.

She was quiet for a moment as she stared up at him. "A house divided against itself cannot stand, Takardh, but once we unite our kingdoms the people will look to us for guidance. They do not expect us to fix the world; they expect us to show them how. There is a difference." She moved to take his hand in her own, letting her hand travel down the length of his impossibly muscled arm first. "As much as I dislike it, our lives will be fodder for our people. We are to be made an example of, and they shall expect us to be brilliant." Eriathiel stared out at the waters and a striking thought brought her eyes back to her intended, "In this moment, I believe we can tolerate one another, no? If we are to be subject to the people's eyes, scrutinized for all we are... would it be... do you think it would be reasonable to appear as if it were, excuse my cliché, but... love... at first sight? I think... I think they may accept our union more so if they believed with a single glance we knew our destinies."

She should not have asked him as such, she was sure. But there was nothing worse than having rumors spread. And it was true that evil words had always spread faster than good, especially around the Western Kingdoms. So why not stop them before they began? It did not give them more an excuse to be together, after all, that was why they were here. But it did, she supposed, give them more an excuse to be alone. What loving couple at the beginning of their relationship ever truly wished to be spied upon by others? None she had ever met.

"I understand if it would be too difficult a task. But we will be thoroughly watched when in Seraphina, and the rumors which spread may not be perfectly polite. Perhaps it would be best to limit such negative thoughts. Perhaps... well... perhaps it would also be best to convey such sentiment to our parents. My father has said many a time that this marriage is imperative to our Kingdoms future... but, well... he has also said that if I do not feel comfortable that I should say so, and he will withdraw me from our agreement. I think, if we are in agreement about our marriage, then perhaps it would be for the best. Though I can understand if you believe you would not be able to withstand the lie..."

DoctorRed

"Ha, I suppose that was fair enough. Well played, Princess,'

"You're right, but our example must be without flaws, or it will be misinterpreted.Skewed, like the cracks in glass over time. Even a dull brute like myself knows what importance the world will place upon our marriage, should anything go awry, it will be the beginnings of more terror in our world." he said, pausing and considering it. When had it become 'ours' and 'us', instead of before when it had been a secret 'mine', or 'me'? Her magic was perhaps more insistent than she knew as he stood with her at his side, letting her have his hand and turning it over to roll his thumb across her knuckles gently, the tiny hand under his feeling delicate.

Takardh found himself torn by her words but he knew their meaning well enough. It was a brilliant strategy and he couldn't deny the sensibility it bore on their perdicament. He supposed the lie was a clever enough idea, but his pride felt a bit hurt at the implication that both he was supposed to partake in this ruse and that she seemed unsure if he could handle such a task.

He flicked his tail a bit, the braided thing slapping his flank as he considered her words carefully. Rolling his response in his mouth a bit before voicing it he watched her patiently before deciding he had chosen his answer already.The prince turned to her and held out his arms, taking her in a sweeping motion and drawing her up to his level and looking her in the face. He paid careful attention to keep from harming her wings and damaging them in any way. He announced a bit louder to their ears as he watched her."This thing is a great deed that we have before us. I will commit myself to loving you in my heart, but for now on the face, you are my Sun."

"Eriathiel, you are the sun of my world, no greater love could be born from the sons of Terra than I have for you. I hope that the sun in my heart is great enough to give life to the moon in yours and keep you warm." he told her, his lips sweeping along her jaw once to leave the chaste kiss he left her with, moving to set her back upon the ground.

Uriel Seraphim

She blinked against his words, part of her falling into the illusions, another trying to find the words to respond. It took her a moment, but slowly she came to smile, her cheeks already burning bright red in response to the unexpected announcement. Had that truly been her first true kiss? Did it count? Or was it merely a lie, part of the rouse? "Your words appeal to my vanity Takardh." She said, loud enough to be heard by others, but soft enough for it to be thought their conversation was to be kept private. "I fear you may have stolen my heart already..." she reached up to lay a gentle kiss atop his forehead before resting her own against it. "From the swell of my breast to the sound of my voice, I will belong to you my Prince. I had not believed in love at first sight this morning Takardh... but I think you've proven me wrong already." Her tone was breathy, as if she was afraid to speak the words. She let her hands run from his forearms and up to latch gently around his neck. Eriathiel stayed like that for a time, basking in the warmth, the strength of him, almost ashamed at the pleasure she took in such a simple trait. She pulled her forehead from his and gave a bashful smile, "I am thankful at least, that we will have privacy to enjoy this month, before politics become involved in our lives." Truth be told, their motions in the very moment meant that politics had indeed already become involved. But at least... it was an enjoyable arrangement. At least she was not loathed to feel his size, his strength and warmth. Quite the opposite.

She looked across to their companions then, catching the eyes of most if not all their party. The Faye were the first to look away, partly in embarrassment and partly out of their respect for the future Queen. She knew they would be pleased at least, that she was happy and not distraught to wed this man.  They were her friends, her family even. She knew, no matter their prejudices, if she were happy they would respect her decision. More than anything, they would understand the level of pain it would cause her for them to speak out against a decision she has made; subconsciously or otherwise. She turned her head and laughed, her cheeks still a bright flushed color. She let her hands play at the back of his scalp, her motions slow and soothing. She turned her face so that she could speak close and low in his ear, as if she were whispering the sweet nothings of sweethearts, "I do not think we shall have much difficulty if this is how we are to be in the public eye."

Eriathiel merely hoped she had been convincing enough to fool her companions. It was not that she worried for Takardh's capabilities; she simply had feared he would not be able to feign attraction, let alone love for the Faye Priestess. She did not wish to push him into something he did not wish to do. For a split second, Eriathiel almost wondered if she was acting. The words had not been directly from the heart of course, they were crafted for their companies benefit. But there was something... warm inside of her. She felt for a moment that merely touching him like this had given her a piece of him to keep in her heart, to warm her in the dead of night. But it was a thought she laughed at, lowly and quietly. To anyone looking, perhaps it would have seemed as if Takardh had said something funny. But Eriathiel knew the truth. Love at first sight was not quite real, as you could not see a person's personality in the very beginning of things. To love someone completely, one had to know someone completely. To lust at first sight however, she had seen many a couple mistake such a thing for love. It was not a mistake she would easily make.

DoctorRed

Takardh watched her, and felt himself grin a little to himself as she spoke, mentioning her well-deserved vanity and holding his body still, though he was reluctant to release her from his grasp. Her body... under her outfit he could feel her and he felt it was a bit more than he might have been prepared to perceive about her. He imagined her very soft and lacking a consistency when he touched her, but her firmness surprised him. He  supposed it shouldn't have but he smiled a bit at her words, his eyes on hers. "I am pleased to have heard these words from you, my future queen," he murmured, his eyes rolling to his men but only briefly, as he turned back to look upon her, wondering silently if he cold believe that her words were true, though he knew them to be a false love. He let his lips curl into a grin again as he drew himself to stand again,

He had never been marvelous as a liar or a fraud, and believed more in being as straightforward as any other centaur he'd ever known. He wanted very much to be the man she was speaking of, and fulfilled the way he was intended, but he knew that in his heart he was unsure of how far the lie was supposed to go. Would she believe him, if he did one day truly love her, as they grew to know one another. He supposed there was no harm in it, but when would he know the difference. His heart quivered a bit in his chest as he felt her whispering in his ear, though the mere sensation of it drew a smile to his mouth, leaning into the words as though they'd become even more wholesome and satisfying than when heard from afar. He had relished her touch and simply standing with her was a marvelous thing for him, to enjoy her presence felt as though he could understand her power over the world below them but he knew that some of it , at least, was a false thing. Their love... would it always be amidst such a lie?

Some mad part of him within was wondering whether their companions would believe them, but he knew already what the answer of his men would be when he asked them. And he knew that they would spread whatever words he commanded of them. Convincing her people, that would be the challenge. He wondered what sort of gesture might suit them in their love for one another and pondered the implications before he made a decision like he did all his others an leaned down abruptly to kiss her mouth warmly, a little less chastely this time, but not so vulgar as some. This time he didn't brush her lips and jaw with his, he kissed her properly, like a man would a woman who was so magnificent and great as she. As a man who'd found his dream come alive might. And he hoped she was.

"I only hope that when I finally have some failing as your beloved, you are able to tell me without the flames. While I would bear the burning of a thousand more of our first kiss, I would rather this one be the one we enjoy more often, if it pleases you, My love,' he said to her, his fingers brushing against the sun shaped design on his chest before letting a softly laugh leave his lips.

(Sorry if this is rubbish, darling, I gave it a go in a bad mood. ilu~ See what I did up there, btw?)

Uriel Seraphim

As Takardh's mouth latched upon hers, something warm and electric spread through her body; she felt as if lightning was tingling through her blood, thunder making her toes curl as she responded to his passion. She could feel her control slipping, deliberately slowing her motions to prevent the elements from spilling their own passion into the sky. She pulled away to whisper in his ear, "Unless you want a storm to shatter the clear skies, I suggest this wait until we are on land Takardh."

Eriathiel had been taught since birth that public appearance was everything.  She was to appear refined, capable and above all, worthy of being called the leader of Faye. Though she agreed with her father's concerns, Eriathiel did not agree with his belief that royalty should not mix with the common folk. It was partly why she had spent so much time amongst the people, drawing quite the number of tongue lashings from her father. Eriathiel knew her father had more experience with being a ruler, but was it not only through knowing the people that one could truly help the people? Was it not a better idea to be a friend to all rather than a ruler of all? It was an argument she and her father had been through many times, and one she would likely never win until his death. For now, Eriathiel did not know if she was truly ready to win...

Eriathiel was frightened. Her mother's degrading health showed her that the woman she loved above all else would pass, and though the King would still be in power until he too passed, Eriathiel would become Queen and have equal say in how their Kingdom was to be run. The very idea frightened Eriathiel to the core... she was not certain she was ready to be in charge of more than merely protecting Lumara's boarder. She could keep her people safe inside the forest... but how could she protect them once they were no longer confined within city walls? What was Eriathiel to do when she was not in Lumara, when she was unable to protect her people from so far away?

This was why she needed Takardh as more than an ally; she needed him to feel protective of her and her people. Because Eriathiel knew if he could come to love her, so could his people. And once his people loved her, they would be her own as well... it was difficult to decide whether she was eager or frightened of such a possibility. To gain greater protection for her people, Eriathiel would be gaining more people to protect. But, as always, Eriathiel resigned herself to an optimistic view. Together, they could reunite their kingdoms, and perhaps bring all the Western Kingdoms together within their lifetime! Perhaps, they could do even more... depending upon how long Takardh would live... They had been fighting for over 30 years now, and Eriathiel had yet to reach her 100th birthday, still incredibly young by Faye standards. She would have to ask how long they lived for in days to come.

"May I... confide in you, some time, Prince Takardh?" she asked in a low whisper, "I do not think what I would like to discuss is best said in front of our people... but I think I have things to say you would not wish to be ignorant of." She did not look at him as she spoke, merely stared out at the scene before her as the ship came closer and closer to the docks. Eriathiel felt strange being thrust into such a position. The more she thought on it, the more Eriathiel believed she was not ready to run an entire Kingdom, let alone have a hand in another.

DoctorRed

Takardh laughed aloud at her warning and released her, a playful grin on his lips as he turned to look upon the approaching border and he wondered to himself whether he was truly prepared to set foot upon it. "I suppose that a storm on the seas to herald our arrival would be a bad omen, my princess," he agreed, though her wounds had wounded him slightly. Was he so repulsive that his mere kisses were enough to make her lose control of her rage and threaten the sky around them with lightning? Was he so repulsive?

Takardh didn't think himself the most comely centaur ever to be met, but he understood from what others told him that he wasn't a hideous creature to be so feared and disgusting even in the eyes of the Faye. He frowned as he considered it and wondered idly how long it would truly be before a fire leaped up and burned away all his white hair, or the waves swept forward and tore him under the currents to the blue depths within forever. How long before the earth itself swallowed him whole, or the wind blew him off the boat?

Not long, it seemed. Was she so loathe for his touch? What a pity, she was truly the things he'd said, though he might never have told her if not for this situation between their two kingdoms. He wondered if anything she had said in kindness had been earnest or if she had been planning their lie from the beginning. His heart fell a little at the thought as his fingers returned to the wooden rails as he pondered it. He let a soft sigh escape him while the boat slowed and turned to arrive in the port, making preperations to dock and let them land aboard the distant docks he could see swimming into view from the blotches of color so far away to him now.

Takardh was conflicted. He wanted to cast off their lie instantly and demand the truth from her, but the time had passed and he would have to bury his heart and move on with their plan as he'd agreed. He watched with muted interest as other boats arrived, a few bearing the Seraph flag and guiding them to the port that they'd be taken to, their escort keeping it's distance but maintaining a friendly proximity to them. He saw winged men floating down from the rigging and moving about the boat easily.

One even sailed over on silvery feathered wings to land among them and seek out the captain, bowing demurely to the guests aboard before folding down his wings and seeking out the captain. Takardh watched him go before glancing again at his betrothed before watching the other ship a bit more, curious at these winged men. T Hey were like another form of the humans from earlier, but even more crazed in their design. He was amused, he supposed, and curious. Anything to keep his mind from his faux lover.

Uriel Seraphim

She tilted her head to the side, "a bad omen... I suppose I would see it more as a testament of strength." Perhaps it was merely their perception of power which allowed them to agree to disagree. It was not only anger which would bring the emotions forth from Eriathiel or any Faye for that matter that was connected to the elements. Any strongly felt emotion could make them loose control There were nights, when the Faye were saddened that rain fell from the sky, and harsh waters ragged against the shores and foreign countries. Days of celebration amongst the Faye were almost always bright and green. It was not uncommon for the elements to mirror the collective emotion of the Faye.

Eriathiel stared in open wonderment at the Seraphim who had boarded their boat. How glorious their wings were, not delicate in the beauty nor designed for quick bursts of speed as the Faye were, but built in strength to travel large open distances. She felt their beauty alone to be strength, strength of combined nations and constant neutral standing. True, it was a characteristic her father loathed, their inability to choose sides or aid in Lumara's efforts to defend what was rightfully theirs. But perhaps, perhaps Eriathiel thought, it was what had allowed them to flourish so easily. They were no burdened by upset or war, merely lived as they wished without the concerns of other countries. Even as she thought it, Eriathiel knew neutrality to be a weakness. One could not claim to be of brilliance or strength merely because their appearance was thus. It took conviction of character and empathy for others to be deemed great within the eyes of the Faye. So far, it was merely Seraphina's willingness to aid in their efforts to better the nation which made their collective mannerisms bearable.

Eriathiel remounted her horse, and steered her to stand beside her intended. It would look best to enter this new land next to one another, would it not? It would be a symbol of unity, or equal standing from the beginning... or at least, that is what she hoped. "They look quite strong, don't they Takardh?" she asked absent mindedly, "A shame to waist such a gift with idle hand and neutrality."

DoctorRed

He knew little of the Seraph, and what he really did know was where they stood politically, having met only one before this time. He was a man who remembered the shape well. It was magnificent to behold and he wondered about it. He knew their people had the balance of the Centaur strength and Faye magic. It made them formidable, but he knew very much that the creatures were not to be taken lightly as they were balanced more so than either races. Both were to the extremes but not to the top of their line.

Truly a Faye and Centaur army would be an unbreakable combination, though he felt that it would balance on them and he wondered about that. Their defense would destroy any invaders, but he wasn't sure it was really a force to unite Terra by force. The diplomatic feats that could be accomplished by the two races combining as one people and enabling their neighbors to survive their peace, the only thing left to have after such a ware. And the whole thing built on a lie they would perpetrate here in the land of Seraph.

Takardh watched the man sweep his wings along the wooden deck as he strode along the deck as he discussed the docking procedures and the like, the land ahead nearing quickly as they glided the boat along the currents and waves.  When they were docked, he looked to the city and then again to his princess, wondering idly if the city dwarfed her in beauty on because there was no false facets of architecture or if it was only his breaking heart in their lie as he looked to the buildings and imagined them as the last true thing he'd see, before marriage made a liar and a fool of him. He wasn't sure and he didn't know, but he felt cold hands turning the lock and shutting the doors in his heart a bit, trying to shut the warmth he'd felt at her closeness away and be the man he was raised to be, not the man he'd become.

"They look mighty, you are correct. Like horse-born fey with larger size, or smaller centaur with magic. Their wings are glorious to behold. I have seen one before in our home, when the arrangements were made for us to come here. She was a curious glory to have behold. I wonder if all their wings are so powerful, or if it is like breeds of Centaur, where their blood is their power as much their training," he said, turning his eyes upon her. "I would be interested to learn more with you, if you were interested as well, My Princess Eriathiel."

Uriel Seraphim

Eriathiel smiled sweetly at her Centuar. Wait, her centaur? She shook away the thought, straightened her back and attempted to look as neutral as possible. "Knowledge is greatly valued to my people. I would cherish the chance to learn of our common ally's. After all, is it best not to know all strengths and weaknesses rather than make an assumption?" she paused to think for a moment.  "Perhaps that is merely a Faye thought, to rationalize all that we can rather than rely on instinct. The better we understand all that Carparthia has given life to, the better we will understand how to appease her, I suppose." Eriathiel shrugged and ran her hands through her beautiful night-steeds mane. "Or perhaps that is the way of all night creatures: to both marvel in the beauty of not knowing, yet strive to understand it all the same." She leaned down to kiss her steeds neck and pressed her cheek against it. The connection between Faye and night-steed had always been well known. Eriathiel had assumed, subconsciously, that if things were not to work out with the Centuar, perhaps being near her horse would help her cope with their nature.

'We will come to an agreement', Eriathiel thought, 'we will be friends and allies. For me, that can be enough... I hope that can be enough...' Eriathiel took in a deep breath to calm her worrisome heart. It was time to be diplomatic, to appear graceful and refined and gentle. True, she had never truly felt as if the stereotype most associated with her kind ever truly suited her. She was quite when around those she did not yet know or understand, she could act graceful if the thought was at the forefront of her mind, and if unemotional, was often of a gentle spirit. But Eriathiel knew she could posses a heart of fire, act irrationally and was often clumsy when flustered. Her parents, on the other hand, were everything she aspired to be and more. It broke Eriathiel's heart to know she would never match that perfection.

Eriathiel put on a small delicate smile as the Faye man who had boarded their ship came to stand before the couple. "Prince Takardh, Princess Eriathiel." They Faye bowed to each of them, a small pang of anger touching at her heart as she noted he had addressed her husband first. Her parents had said most of the world was Patriarchal, a concept strange to Faye kind. They valued women above the men because of their birthing rights, it was believed among Faye that it was because of their similarity to Mother Carparthia that female Faye tended to hold more power than males. But, others had theorized, of course, that it was a selective gene amongst Faye which had begun amongst the original inhabitants of their Kingdom. Either way, she supposed it should not have worried her. She was still mentioned, still valued... right? "On behalf of the Seraph Royalty, I welcome you to our lands. My name is Serathien and I shall be your guide for the duration of your trip."

Eriathiel bowed in return, "Thank you for your welcome Serathien," be looked towards Takardh then and smiled, "I believe we are both looking forward to spending time in your Kingdom."

DoctorRed

"I believe learning with you will be a very....educational process. I admit it is not my forte, but I will do my best to be a good companion in our studies." he told her, stiffly, knowing that he would start dreading his studies long before they came about. It wasn't his strong suit and that was an understatement. As soon as he could skip them, he had and he'd never learned more than he had to without the carrot of battle hanging over his head to inspire him to pay more and more attention to such things. "I'm not good at it, but I want to... I want to learn about Carpathia and the things you Faye believe in. I want to know things.." he added, almost a whisper as it left his lips.

Watching her with her horse was magnificent. Sometimes horse-riders offended Centaur but not the Faye. Her handling and care, it made him almost wish she were riding him. Almost. His pride and arrogance wouldn't stand for it in the least as he watched her, though he did wonder what it was like before and still remembered the lightning on his lips as the false kiss had passed between them. He pondered that. Maybe he could learn to forget what she'd said. Perhaps one day she would as well, and they would be just like any other intersperses couple with the burden of balancing two dying countries on their shoulders and pretending to find joy only in one another. That happened all the time, surely.

Watching the winged man approach, Takardh and his Centaur bowed deeply, a fist crossing his chest and over his heart as he leaned down, kneeling before he rose to his full height. If his name was mentioned first or last, he didn't really notice. It wasn't something that mattered a whole lot to centaur and their kind. It was not their way to walk in lines when unnecessary or to go by rank outside of battle. In the fields, save for royalty, all were one and one were all. Power was what decided the ruling classes and had for all the time to come before this.  Like a river, where all drank as one, rather than a fountain for one person at a time. Life was simpler that way, in their minds.

"I gladly accept your welcome and I have looked forward to seeing this magnificent place. I am eager to see more of your glorious country, Sir Seraph," he said, righting himself and glancing down at the princess with a half a smile on his lips before turning back to the man as the boat began to dock.

Uriel Seraphim

"Is not learning always an educational process?" Eriathiel asked, the hint of a laugh in her tone. She reached across and patted his arm the way she had seen her mother do many a time to her father when she found his sentiments amusing, "I believe I am rather... greedy when it comes to knowledge, my Prince. I merely hope my enthusiasm for it does not lessen your enjoyment." Her tutors at the Palace had always been thoroughly happy to teach the Princess because of said trait, but who knew how Takardh would react as she scoured every book and spoke to every person possible? It was her one perfect trait she supposed, the one trait her people valued in her that she did not have to try and emulate in order to appease them.

As the Seraph moved to guide them from the Docks, Takardh and Eriathiel followed, their companions keeping a tight two by two formation behind them. The Faye princes could not hide her excitement as her steed and future husband's hooves touched the earth. She had enjoyed the boat trip, took pride in the fact she had overcome some small adventure, tasted a small part of life outside Lumara's Kingdom.

She stared about the approaching Seraph Kingdom then. Their central building, a grand castle that spiraled into the clouds above branching out into wings that seemed to imitate a tree, amazed her. Its design was not so much ostentatious as it was simplistic in its beauty and awe. It made her wings twitch as if longing to soar into the skies alongside the Seraphim and climb to the clouds alongside her family's allies. It took all the self control she could muster to stay mounting her steed as they neared the surrounding villages. The castles shape reminded her of her own castle, but the materials used to make them were much different. She was wistful for a moment, wishing to see the moon's glow bounce off Lumara's carefully crafted castle in order to light the entire city. She wished to see the Moon flowers glow in the dead of night, and see the sparkling leaves of the willow trees around the Yllaonri River radiate, as if filled with luminescent essence, Mother Carparthia's life force. She had only been gone for less than a day, and already Eriathiel felt homesick. They did not call Lumara the kingdom of night merely because of their schedules; it was because of their history, the stories of the ancient ones finding their mighty forests rarities and building a Kingdom that would bring light to the darkness as they wished to do to all of Carparthia. The Faye looked to their city as the beacon in the darkness, the shining hope for all Carparthia to be united in prosperity and peace...

"Less than 24 hours my Prince, and already I am missing my homelands." Her smile was weak and bashful as she gazed at him, "I suppose you would not think me awfully brave to admit such a folly." Humility was important she supposed, it was best her future husband understand her temperament no? it was be he understand her fears and longings and shortcomings... It was why she did look forward to some privacy with him, some moment when the only care they need take with their words was to please the other with honesty. She wished to speak of her family, of how her kind had changed since the war... of how... of how she had enjoyed their kiss. She wished to explain how her powers were triggered, how her emotions needed to be in check for fear of angering the skies or causing a fire or harshening the already temperamental seas. So many words she wished to speak... yet none that could quite explain her internal struggles. Having him so close by her side, yet so far away made her feel conflicted. She wished to touch him, even if for the barest of seconds... never had any Faye male done such a thing to her before. There had been suitors over the years of course, some who had traveled with her today. But Eriathiel had refused them all, not because they were not everything she could ask for in a King, but because she had no heart for them. She did not wish to be near them at all times, did not want to touch them, and in turn have them touch her. For the Faye, eternity was no far stretch of the imagination, and living with any man who had thus far offered their hand did not appeal to her. Yet this man... this centuar...

Eriathiel was distracted as they entered the village, small houses cropped between rather than over the natural foliage of their lands. It was the scent which appealed to her first however, the scent which made her reach across and touch Takardh's arm. "Its smells... different," Eriathiel said, "sweet, like honeysuckle and morning dew... It reminds me of the first morning of summer... but we are in autumn, no?"

(Hope you don't mind my little God-Moding above. Just thought we should move the sequence of events along a bit xx I can change it if you'd like?)

DoctorRed

(Not at all, my darling, I was pretty glad you did it, I was afraid we'd never actually get off of the boat and such. I hope you feel the same way if I do it for you later, or something. <3 )

"So long as you can be patient and teach it to me where I am unable to grasp, please be as greedy as your heart desires,' he told her, a warm smile on his lips. "I admit that while we were both raised by our own kingdoms, I feel that one of our kingdoms puts a greater importance on book-learning and studying. I'm afraid I spent more time in the yards with s a blade or horn in my hands than ever in a room with a book," He wasn't ashamed of his lacking learning habits, but he wished he had spent a bit more time to maintain his skills at reading. he wasn't stupid, just uninterested in such things. It was a shame he and his brother shared so little at times.

Takadh stayed beside Eriathiel as much as he could as they made their way along. Being on land alone was a delicious experience to bring up after the long boat-ride and he was happy to be on solid ground again after the trial of actually getting on and enduring the boat. He found himself wanting to see their people more, to watch them do things, to see their architecture. He'd always loved looking at different buildings and structures, but was often too busy to really take an interest in it. He'd often seen pictures and stared at them, but was loathe to pick up a book and find out whether he could actually read still or not. He wasn't really sure.

"I'm sorry to hear you miss your home already, but it's not unnatural. I admit that while we were on the boat I wanted nothing more than to command it back home and beg you to choose another country, by land to go to. Despite your assurances, I'm pretty unhappy about water," he told her, watching her. How...humble of her to admit her homesickness to him. He liked that, but wasn't sure what to make of it. Was it honesty, or was it more false honesty? He couldn't be sure. He was grinding his teeth, but only for a moment, wanting to take her by the shoulders and shake her until all of the lies fell away and were gone. Could they not learn to love one another? He wished it were the case, but there was no way to know now, he supposed. To him, the innocent talking they'd had would be the only real thing between them, nothing else would be safe from their lie.

He turned and raised an eyebrow at her touch and laid a hand over hers gently and nodded to her statement. "It does smell just like that. I'm not sure what the meaning of it is though. Perhaps the plants here operate differently than in our homes,"  he suggested, rubbing his thumb over her tiny hand before calling out to the man at the head of their grouping.

"Sir Seraph, I and my princess have a few questions, before we proceed, if you would be so kind," he said, stopping. "It will take but a moment, though if you would rather, we could walk and talk on such things," he offered, glancing back at her once before turning his eyes on the man with wings ahead of them.

The man agreed and stood to the other side of Eriathiel, atop his steed as he looked upon the pair of them, bowing briefly from atop his mount. "I am the Knight, Mikael, and would be delighted to help you. What is it, my royal couple?" he asked, frowning a little. "We are in no hurry to the capitol, but I believe that to keep moving I would be chastised less. I will answer anything I can, with every ounce of knowledge I have,"

Uriel Seraphim

(Sorry I've been away for so long honey! Work's been a bitch and we're going through end of year assessments at the moment, so I'm a little swamped. Oh! And I remember you saying something about the Seraphim cursing our little couple, yes? Hopefully what I wrote bellow will be a good enough excuse for Eriathiel to get her wings taken, and for Takardh to become a biped. :P PS. Where did the steeleblue color go!?!?)

"I feel as if your kingdom puts emphasis on the importance of the collective, where Lumara is more concerned with the development of individuals. You run with strength of numbers, and we, in the faith we have in each secular person. My parents and I chose each of the people with me today for a specific reason, whereas, I would assume your company are friends and warriors, no?" She blushed, "But perhaps I am ignorant in saying such things. After all, I am far from an expert on the mentality of your kind." And if that wasn't the truth, Eriathiel wasn't sure what was. It had been a very long time since the Faye had spoken with Centaurs freely, and the war had given the Faye many a reason to stereotype them as an evil race. It was a hard notion to forget, but one Eriathiel was fighting against. She had not seen them fulfill the misconceptions her kind had of centaurs; they had yet to employ intimidation upon her, take advantage of her delicate virtues, or threaten her life. Either the warnings her friends and family had given the girl were quite farfetched, or Takardh's company was behaving themselves incredibly well.

Electricity tingled through her hand where Takardh touched her, causing her to glance upon him for a moment in confusion and wonderment before her neutral mask slipped back into place. She had never felt so... conflicted by something as simply a touch from another person. It felt as if her very blood reacted to the gentlest brushing of fingers, as if she wished to further the motions... Was it a pleasant feeling, though? Or was it something... more; something she had yet to find a word for? She looked to the Seraphim then, a pleasant smile slipping into place as she held firm yet soft eye contact with the man. She sat taller upon her steed then, her horse shifting its neck as if copying her motion. It was moments such as that which made Eriathiel glad she had brought her steed, if nothing else; the horse understood her not so simplistic motions and the motivations behind them.

"I doubt our conversation will be impeded if we continue onward, good Sir. I would not have you chastised for simple curiosity." Eriathiel had not moved her hand away, and for a moment, as she contemplated removing it... Eriathiel realized she did not want to. Instead she glanced at him, a gentle blush creeping across her face before turning her attention back to the Seraph. "The plants here... they smell of honeysuckle and morning dew, like the first morning of summer in Lumara. But it is autumn now... do they always smell as such?"

The Seraph Knight seemed confused for a moment, "I've never really thought about it before, your highness." He said. If Eriathiel had any less self control, her jaw would have gaped open. How could one be curious of something as simple as the natural order around them? "It always smells like this though. It doesn't snow either." At that, Eriathiel's eyes did go wide.

"No snow? But... that's impossible, isn't it? Does not even the very top of your Palace get covered in snow during the winter months?" she asked.

He shrugged, "Only the Royals fly to the very top of the palace, I wouldn't know Princess."

Her hand went very still beneath Takardh's. She stared at Mikael blankly for a moment, taking the time to collect her thoughts and level out her tone. "Your Royals restrict your flight? Your wings look as if they're designed to carry you soaring into the skis... why... would you not be allowed past a certain point?"

"Because the space above the clouds is reserved for those worthy of the sight." It was the infliction he used which bothered Eriathiel most, as if they were words he had gotten from a book or constant repetition. He seemed to have never questioned that his Royals were worth more than he was; as if it were merely a fact he had come to accept.

Eriathiel dropped the subject and took her hand back from Takardh. She withdrew into her mind for a time, contemplating what he had said. Mostly, Eriathiel was frightened if he continued on she would lose her temper. It was one thing not to know the answer to a question, another to be completely unconcerned with the fact you do not know how to answer at all. Those things had annoyed her. But Lumara believed in the importance of every individual, not just those individuals who held power. How he could be so accepting of such a horrid restriction and how his royals dare instate such a rule to begin with amazed her in a way that could not be accurately described. Flying was one of the few things every Faye valued almost as highly as their own lives. Lumara had reason for being unable to allow the Faye out of the forests, but even that wasn't a set rule. It was merely understood that the nobles were not at fault if you refused to heed their warning and left the safety of the forests. The Faye used flight as a way to praise Carparthia as well. To restrict how one was to do as such, how high they could fly and what beauty they could glimpse... such an idea frightened Eriathiel to the very core.

Father would definitely hear of this.

DoctorRed

"The collective is important. With only strong individuals, many will suffer as they cannot fend for themselves. Both are important, but I know that you must be confused. Yes, my men are warriors, but they are close friends to me, since I was just a foal. No amount of ambassadors or preachers will make me seem more amicable, I'm afraid, so I chose to bring my closest friends, the ones I trusted to do our people justice before you and yours. I can see where it would be taken the wrong way, but trust that my intentions were never poor."

The centaur stood tall and watched the man with passive eyes, though he felt a rumble of curious and cold fury roll over him. He wasn't sure at first what it was, the lack of his brides hand on his or that the classes were segregated. His people only felt the need for rudimentary architecture, so  it was hard to imagine being segregated in such a manner. He supposed he understood 'class' to an extent and felt it was necessary, but to bar a people from a special area just because of this seemed... sacrilegious.  Malicious. It was like keeping a group of centaur out of a field because it was better green and better game came through. It was something that could happen, but in excess, it was something that got many ostracized.

"Worthy of the sight?" Takardh asked, voice sharp and brows raised at this and he folded his arms, now without his precious Eriathiels hand, he tilted his hand. "So you mean you're taking us to a place you've never yourself seen, because you're not... royalty, and without a title, Knight Mikael?"

"Yes, Prince Takardh. I am taking you to the Lifts, that will take you there, though. I am not going to accompany you past them, as my blood is not of their ilk. This is the way of my people, not y ours, so I understand it may be... troubling to you. Understand that my people have known peace for many years, where yours have not." he noted, and bowed deep, suddenly flushing and looking up in shame. "I.. apologize, I didn't mean... I only meant-"

"Stop your groveling and stand,"
Takardh said curtly, a hand on his hip and his eyes narrowed for a moment. "I was asking you, and you answered the way I was hoping you would, with honesty," he said, stepping forward on his hooves to lay a palm on the mans shoulder, which balked him a bit but he stood firm under his touch. Takardh smiled and stepped back, nudging Eriathiels horse forward a bit with his palm, a gentle slap.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I was... aghast at what you said. Please continue to answer Eriathiels questions the way you answered just now, I am happy to listen and learn. I'm afraid my prowess at asking questions about other people is limited," he admitted, bowing his head a bit in respect and letting them move forward a bit before watching them, keeping at Eriathiels horse-flank and walking patiently alongside them, curious to hear more.

"Princess Eriathiel, what more can I tell you about?"

Uriel Seraphim

Eriathiel pursed her lips as Takardh slapped her steed's rump. She had not considered it, but what would he find attractive? Surely he had preconceived notions of what a good Centuar woman should look like, just as she had her own set of desirable characteristics in the men she had grown up with. She wondered how he must feel to think part of his future wife was... missing, a set of legs and tail, a smooth pelt and toned haunches... and what of their marital bedding? Could such a union as theirs even be consummated? She did not know much about Centuar physiology, but from what she had seen of male horses in the stables... Eriathiel did not imagine Takardh to be small in any sense.

She turned her attention to the Seraphim man and sighed, "You're people have known peace, perhaps, but not equality. One without the other is still a form of turmoil in the mind of the Faye." She said, the troubling thrust of it creasing her brows, "No Mikael, I have no more questions for now."

She looked to her future husband, "I hope you did not think my statement dismissive, I suppose it is simply what I have glimpsed of you're kind in battle and thus far during our travels that led me to such a conclusion." Her eyes flickered to her companions, "Those who traveled with me here are close friends as well, but each has a specific purpose. Two are priestesses, here to be my confidants and to help interoperate the will of Carparthia. The four men traveling with me are my personal guards. I would not have brought them, but Father insisted should anything go wrong, I be protected.  Three of my company are Elementalists, I thought it best to have them with me in case I lose control... The last three are here for political reasons that do not concern me entirely; they will be discussing opening a new trade route with the people here. Well, assuming our... courtship is successful, that is." She smiled bashfully and shifted her hair to hide her blushing. They had already agreed upon their marriage, had they not? Though, there were certain things that would need to be discussed first, things that would be be described in private, she was sure.