News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

One with the Trees (Drama x DoctorRed)

Started by DRAMA, September 30, 2011, 10:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRAMA

When Richard playfully popped Weebee on her flank, she reared a little and made a noise similar to a high pitched horse whinny. She looked at him with her big golden eyes, wild and excited. The fey took the moment to give the human a playful jab with her elbow and spring away, laughing. If he wanted to play tag, he'd have to work for it now.

"You're it! Ha!" she laughed loudly at him and began the trek again. The fey lept about and would fluff her feathered hair at the human to taunt him a little. This was an easy game of cat and mouse for her. If he caught her, it would be her letting him.

DoctorRed

Richard knew a lost cause when he saw one and trotted after her, shaking his head a bit. "You're gorgeous and fun, but even still, no man could chase after you with only two legs while you have four and hope to catch you, Weebee," he announced, though it didn't stop him. His stamina would keep him moving long after most would fall, so he decided he would keep going and try regardless, taking leaps and bounds, even making some startling progress when he got close, but he knew it was all for naught. It didn't make him less amused by it. He'd have never made this type of progress on his own, much less had quite so great a time doing it.   He stopped after a bit and drank down some more water before setting off again, his body winded, but the grin on his lips betrayed his amusement as he chased after her, bounding into the woods, using every trick he'd ever managed to master and keep after her to the best of his ability, as shrubs and weeds fell under his leaps, where limbs were ducked more and more, branches vaulted over as he gave chase to her.

DRAMA

The fey paused to let the man gain some ground and then ran past him. She paused for a moment and then rushed him, playfully pawing him with her small cloven hooves. Nothing painful, but rather a gentle nudge. Flicking her feathered tail, she laughed once more, now with more hint of a horse's whinny. Slowing down a little, she went from her bouncing prances to a slow trot. Circling around the man, she bumped into him again.

"Not so bad for a mortal, I have to say. Good legs on you." the fey complimented. Weebee now walked beside the large man, her head barely at his elbow's height. With a sigh out of no where, she made a small confession. "You know, I've always want two legs. I know it seems silly, but it's one thing I've always wondered about. I enjoy my hooves, but feet seem like fun. What's your opinion on it all?" she questioned. Knowing they weren't too far off, Weebee drummed up a bit of conversation to pass the time.

DoctorRed

He flinched slightly when she rushed him, but halfway through his body relaxed. He supposed with her druid powers she was a formidable foe to even a seasoned ranger, but like this she was just playing. He laughed along with her, watching her with an amused expression in his eyes as he watched her, bumping her with his hip in return as they walked.

"I take your compliment as high praise, friend,"
he told her, trying not to look too proud of the compliment as he glanced down at her. He had to keep himself from opening gawking at her. He was impressed with her body, and with her herself. He supposed she was used to looks by now, at her age... if she was very old at all, that was. But surely she'd let him pass just a few times. He stretched a large hand reached out, ungloved and ruffled her hair gently as they strode side by side for a bit. "Two legs or four?" he pondered the question for a moment and tilted his head, wondering within before he hand his answer. "I've always known to use two feet, to climb, to jump to run, to stand. I suppose it'd be more versatile, in some ways, like climbing trees, but why climb a tree when you can run faster than anything on two legs?" he asked, waving a hand as he looked down at her. "I suppose it'd be nice to try out having hooves for a day, but I'd probably just fall over, honestly. I used to be really clumsy, you'd have hated me not long ago, Weebee." He thought back and laughed softly, shaking his head. "But maybe you'd have liked castles and forts, too. I don't know. I'd let you borrow mine, if I thought I'd get them back," he offered, with a wink.

DRAMA

She listened to him a little bit and didn't let him see the slight frown on her small face. Nodding as he spoke, Weebee was quiet for a moment. The fey was lost in thought for a moment. She had known most of her life on her four hooves, but she always encountered certain social issues when trying to deal with mortals, particularly humans. This was what was making Richard a bit endearing to her. He didn't seem flabbergasted at her appearance as much as she could tell in the dark. He was pleasant towards her instead of scared, reviled, or in utter awe. Really, she just wanted someone to talk with.

"Hm, I see. Being a quick runner isn't the same as being accepted, but I see where it might be more useful." she said with a feigned happy tone. Choosing to remain silent for a while, she led the ranger closer still to the druid elders.

After a long walk, the forest had begun to grow much denser in vegetation. At times, it seemed as if the plants moved or crept away from the walking pair as they proceeded in the direction Weebee led them. Slowing her steady pace to a much slower walk, she lifted her hand signalling Richard to stop.

"I must ask you to stay here. I know my elders feel your presence, but I must go through formalities and speak with them myself. I apologize for this, but I hope you understand. I'll be back to get you in a few moments." she said with a faint smile and a pat on his arm. And just like that, she disappeared into the suddenly thick brush.

While she was gone, the forest had grown quiet around them. The whole area felt alive with a slight electrical feeling in the air. A slight breeze could be felt that carried the laughter of invisible fey who danced around the forest. No harm would come to the mortal as he waited, but if he decided to proceed on his own, he'd be tempting the ire of several nearby fey.

DoctorRed

Richard wasn't one to gape or stare much. She interested him,that much was clear, but it was her the being, not her the body. Weebee interested him, not the half-breed Fey-Hippogriff he knew so little about. He had seen terrors in the darkness, and found that a friend could also be found. He had called her that, and meant it. Rangers were like to trust anything after a few hours of stab-less company, especially when the one who didn't do any stabbing was a healer. Healers were rare and revered among his ilk. He supposed it was just a habit. Rangers drew scars like honey did bees. He sighed as they walked and tilted his head, grinning at her.

"Running fast is a great asset. If I were to try to catch you, there's no way I could just chase you, Weebee. You shouldn't sell yourself short."
he chided gently in their silence before he stopped once, leering warily at the dense vegetation, the hair on the back of his neck raising a bit while he walked. He stayed beside her, but was careful not to walk where she didn't, stopping when she bade him.

He gave a nod as she spoke, he watched her, grinning gently as she was off.  Though, the comfort any man might have taken in a companion rushed off with her. He paused and listened. He supposed the place around him was just like any other, but it didn't put any fear at rest. He was a better night eye without the torches that most men carried, but there were places that even men like him would prefer the comfort of a bit of heat. He stood in the darkness as he watched, leering a bit warily into the shadows as he waited, though he caught himself stirring even at the slightest suspicions, instincts long thought beaten out of his human body rose up, boiling over with fear as he waited.

He stopped himself, sword-half unsheathed as he stood and caught himself, his breath stiffening in the night air as his body tightened, cold facts forcing their way to his side, crushing down the unnatural need to defend himself. He folded his arms and closed his eyes forcefully for a few moments, before opening them to the world again, his breathing stilled as he waited for Weebee, the momentary panic leaving him. How he loathed to be in the presence of magic, sometimes. He sighed, waiting for her.

DRAMA

It wasn't long before Weebee reemerged from the suddenly dense forest. She smiled and grabbed his hand, dragging him into the coiled vines and leaves. As he came closer to the vegetation, it recoiled away, allowing easy travels for the pair. The next few yards cleared up drastically into a large druid's circle, illuminated with unseen light sources. The pale blue-green light shimmered on the surface of a pool of water, surrounded by several stones that looked older than time itself.

Past the divine waters lay three large thrones. One of ancient stone, one of wood and leaves, and one of animal bones. And in them sat the druids who channeled the power of this holy circle. It would be a rather imposing view if one were not fey, as this was the central hub for the magical folk's daily lives, but now the circle was deathly silent. No magical laughter or even the sounds of the forest. It sounded as if one were inside a large bubble that blocked sounds. Weebee pulled him closer to the pool of water and pushed him to the right spot opposite the three thrones.

Pointing at the pool of water, she whispered to him. "Drink of the water, then you'll understand." she said rather cryptically. Then she waited for him. The smile on her face hid no ill emotion, but seemed happy and honest to the ranger. However, the unnerving presence of the three elder druids could be felt. The ranger would feel them each eying him over, each of them with different sensations of fire, ice, and electricity.

DoctorRed

When she returned, it was Richards turn to stand still, his eyes focusing on her, and frowning as he noticed the forest return to clarity. It was as though he'd forgotten everything for a moment and fallen apart int he shadows alone. It troubled him greatly. Was it the influence of those here, or was it something about him. he turned to her feeling relief and warmth wash over him. He was feeling a bit sore, but was otherwise healed. He was thrilled to be there, and complete his mission, though..

He had to frown when he thought back. Had he made them give up the chase of the final orc to deliver the seed? He felt awful for that. She deserved better. Perhaps she was selfless, living among druids, but he would have wanted to slay the orc first. That would have been quick and over with. The seed wasn't like to burst into a tree or anything in his pouch, so he hadn't paid it much mind.

He followed patiently into the company of druids, and felt the pressure of the area draw in on him. He watched carefully along, his body stiffening as the familiar sounds of the forest were wiped away from his hearing and he slowed his pace before he stopped and knelt down before the pool, looking to each of the thrones in turns. He listened to her and had to feel wary. He'd encountered druids on rangings before but never in such a formal manner. It made him remember the olden days, when he knelt in courts for kings and lords. It irked him, but it was a fleeting feeling. His awe for the place was too great.

He turned his eyes to her, a bit lost before he reached down and drank the water with a palm full of it, letting it roll down in streaks through his beard as he drank deeply what he could muster to hold with his large, clumsy fingers.

DRAMA

Weebee knew it took a few moments before everything was revealed. She placed one of her delicate hands on his arm as he knelt. Pulling him to a standing position, she winked. Nearly at that same moment, a wave of frigid ice seemed to wash over his skin. The creeping frozen feeling sank deep into his flesh over the next few seconds, then suddenly vanishing. As it vanished, a light-headed feeling remained, similar to the tail ends of a lingering hangover, but with a euphoric glow in your belly.

"It's good of you to join us, mortal." the Druid Prince of Beasts spake from his throne of bones. His voice was that of an older man, but was tinged with the growling of a feral beast. No malice was in his tone, however. "Our precious Amalgam has told us of your heroics, mortal. For this, we are in your debt." he said in all seriousness.

"We wish to reward you for your deeds, human. Deposit the parcel that the villagers gave to you in the pool and think wisely upon your reward. We're generous to those who respect the forest and her kind." the Druid Prince of Flora said in a very mellow and musical voice that was very androgynous.

"Do not be greedy. We punish gluttons. Stay with the Amalgam this night. Decide at dawn. Be gone." the Druid Prince of Earth spoke in his rumbling, nearly impossible to make out voice. And with that, the Druid Prince of Flora turned his head and pointed an elegant hand towards a wall of vegetation. The plants pulled themselves back in a fashion that resembled the legs of an octopus recoiling.

Weebee grabbed his hand and urgently pulled on his hand. Her face was a smile, but her eyes were alarmed and hesitant. Pulling him, she drug him into the druid's chamber. After they entered, the plants and vines rolled back and seemingly drying in place. Inside the shelter was elaborate furnitures made of plants, stones, and animal bones. A blue-green light came from no where lighting the space.

"By the heavens... that went well!" she said in exasperation. The fey creature looked relieved. Motioning the furniture meant for someone bipedal, she rested upon the lush mossy 'carpeting' of the shelter. "Your shoes, you may wish to remove them. Softest moss you'll ever walk upon." she smiled and rolled down into it.

DoctorRed

Richard of Hillfyre had met with the druidkind before, but it was much akin to meeting with a different sort of king, for as much good as the past meeting did him. He may well have never met a single Druid. The seeds hhe let gently into the pool as Weebee guided him to his feet, brow furrowed at the feeling the water gave him. The meeting had unnerved him as he bowed clumsily before them at the waist, his body staggering the first step as he followed the Amalglam.

He didn't question her as he leaned against a seat of stone and bones to remove his boots,  laying them next to one another, relishing the soft feel of the moss on his feet. His sword followed, leaning against the seat while he relaxed, trying to allow the feeling their strange water had given him to roll off of him.

"Weebee, please," he murmured, watching her with an amused look on his face as he watched her roll on the mossy floor there. He would have loved to watch her roll there and frolic half the night, but the words of the druids puzzled him.

"What just happened? What do they mean, a reward? The villagers wanted this done and I have delivered the seeds to the druids. I was given payment for this before, and even that was too much.  I cannot ask payment further." He said, relaxing into the chair slowly. There, he watched her, leaning his face on his fist to roll his eyes to hers, relaxing, but slowly.

It wasn't  often a ranger enjoyed the company of a Druid or any sort of tribe that so often  would claim the same beliefs. His relaxation was unfamiliar,  and alien to touch, but his body still felt tension wither and writhe before the touch of the den he'd been taken to.

"Weebee, friend, this ritual is strange to me... would you help me to understand?" He asked, pondering. Perhaps he should document this excursion, keep the book a healthy weight with knowledge and information on this encounter as well. At least on the magnificent Weebee he'd met.

DRAMA

She was pleased to see the human relax. The whole affair went rather well and they were pleased. The Druid Princes were deliberating amongst themselves for the evening while the fey entertained the human. Weebee nodded and rolled back over to face Richard.

"Well, to begin, the water is a divine link between a few of the minor nature gods and their spawn, the Druid Princes. They're brother who rule a majority of the sentient inhabitants of this land, without knowledge to most mundane mortals. Drinking of the water provides a temporary connection to the Druid Princes, allowing you to hear them speak. For fey, it's permanent, but for you... in a few days, you'll not be able to hear them speak any longer." she sighed, knowing how sad that would be as tehy had been there for her for the entirety of her life.

"The seeds are a gift to the minor gods. Nothing more. The payment, of which they speak, is for saving me. They're just wanting to show you their appreciation for helping me out, but they're letting you have a night to think over what you feel you should receive. They won't accept nothing for an answer, but asking for a dragon's hoard may end you up in a bad way. Eckhert the Satyr was once a man who was far too greedy and now look at him. Filthy half goat who can't control his urges for... everything." she coughed at the end.

Finding her feet, she pressed into the vined walls of the shelter, pushing her arms deep into their folds. Pulling her arms back from the greenery, she had a few strange fruits in her arms. Placing some at Richard's feet, she smiled and began to eat. "Don't worry. No foul play. Delicious and filling. Just be sure to enjoy yourself. You have quite the dawn awaiting you." the fey smiled and enjoyed her fruit.

DoctorRed

Richard leaned back and frowned at tthe.implications, letting his mind roll over the thoughts that elicited stranger and stranger outcomes to be imagined as he pondered patiently what it could all mean. He frowned and watched her with a muted interest, a grin on his lips, though absent.

"If nothing can not be my choice, what if I were to simply ask for you?" He asked, leaning down to take the fruit and peer at it for only a moment before biting into it, before itching idly at the wound from earlier.

He nearly choked on the fruit as he realized the implications of what he'd said and flushes, glancing away a bit, frowning.

"Er, that's  not how I meant for that to sound," he explained,  looking away with a flustered expression on his face. " I meant... well, that orc that escaped. I promised you ..."

His voice trailed off and he flushed again. "I promised you that I would help you to destroy him. I should have urged us after him, to let the seeds wait. I'm... I'm so sorry, Weebee," he said to her, his eyes troubled as they moved back to her. "I... I want to help you, to fight by your side."

DRAMA

Weebee paused in mid bite at what Richard had said. Her nostrils flared a little, with him being so forward and all. Finishing her bite after an awkward pause, she avoided his eye contact for a moment. She could hear his voice quiver a little as he backtracked through his words and smiled. The fey knew that was no mistake, but she was rather flattered by his attraction. Not every day you find someone like that.

"Eh ha... hmm. That's all fine. We were close enough to get the seeds from clouding your thoughts. On the bright side, you will have your reward..." she paused, toying with his thoughts. "We'll have refreshed ourselves and will have a leg up on the orcs. They do sleep from dawn nearly till dusk, against common belief. So while they may be in flight this very moment, we'll have the advantage of daylight on our side. No worries, Richard." Weebee smiled and rolled over to her side in the moss.

Looking up at him, she carefully watched his body language. Now aware of his attraction, her fey blood clouded her mind. Being such sensual creatures, not to mention fairly immortal hedonists, Weebee was careful not to let her mind linger on such lurid thoughts. In an attempt to change the subject a little, she cleared her throat before speaking.

"Richard, tell me of your life before tonight. Anything you would to share. I would like to know you better if we're to travel more." she said aloud, but in her mind she continued with "I would like to know your flesh if we're to stay here this night...". Weebee didn't want to muddy the male's mind with such thoughts as she needed him focusing his talents in enacting her revenge. Keeping her intimate thoughts to herself, she listened to the man speak.

DoctorRed

"Yes. The orc will be easy prey in daylight and we should be well rested. You're  correct, Weebee." He said softly,  though he glanced away a bit before resuming eye contact and looking upon her once more at her question.

"I am Richard of the human land Hillfyre. Vast mountains to the west of here, where the kingdom of man is most powerful. Long ago, I wad heir to the Hillfyre valleys Ans mountains, a lord. I worked with the king, as his rright hand and made some queer decisions.  We... disagreed about some things and he stripped me of my house and titles, before I begged my brother take my place and that I be exiled..."

"With my exile, I needed only stay from the kings keep and my homeland. I became a ranger and started to help the ones whi couldn't afford knights ir ggarrisons to defend them. Those less well manned. I started to learn more of the world, of the people here, the human or otherwise. Funny, really, because that was the reason I was exiled in the first place. For proposing peace with the elves and dwarves.

Five years have passed since then,  and now I feel I have done more with my power than any seal or order ever could have. I live my place in the world, this belonging nowhere and going everywhere. " he confesses to her, the feeling in his face. "I have dined with dwarven kings, and supped with woven princesses. My words have moved orcish camps far from other villages, and helped the paladins in the south banish demons. My body has been all over, and my blade... matters," he said. He drew the well-worn book from his cloak and laid it on his lap.

" I have seen more than any Pilgrim could hope, and documented what I've learned. When I die, I think the stories of what I have  come to learn could be the threads that weave a new friendship for humans with the other races... sorry, Weebee. My story is just a book. I'm less now than even these pages, a sparse encyclopedia of the world in only the tiny portion of it I have myself experienced."

DRAMA

Listening to his tale, she enjoyed her fruit. The fey was no aware of such turmoil in the outer land, having grown up entirely in this forest. She knew of dwarves and of the elves, both being pleasant when in Audience with the Princes. However, news of disagreements between them was unknown to her. It hit her then, that for as old as she was, she knew nothing of the world around her. A small frown crept at the corners of her mouth as she thought on this.

"I didn't know I befriended such an impressive mortal! I'm happy to have met you, regardless of the circumstances." she said more with formality than sincerity. Weebee reclined into the moss to think to herself. Looking at Richard, rather through him in a daydreamish sort of way, she smiled faintly and sighed.

"We've one long day tomorrow. Dawn awaits your choice, Richard. Sleep well." the fey said with feigned happiness. Grabbing at the moss, Weebee pulled at it and it began to shape and bend as if entirely mailable. Forming a comfortable sleeping position and covering for her odd body, she whirled a pointed finger at the ceiling of the the structure, effectively turning the blue-green glow down to a soft yet usable dim glow.

DoctorRed

Richard flushed a bit and turned his eyes aaway from her, trying not to look pleased with her comment, making a bit of a face. "I'm  not so amazing. I wish I had met you under better circumstances,  just the same... what happened ..." he murmured, his fists tightening aa moment and sitting back, blowing out a breath of air as he did so. Trying to calm himself in the mossy chair.

He watched the amalglam interestedly as she moved about, grinning a little as he watched her. She was absolutely amazing before him, but what had happened ...

"My choice," he repeated,  pondering her words pensively as he let himself sink into his thoughts, exploring his.imagination silently, mind wandering.

DRAMA

The fey slept soundly through the few hours of night before dawn. Through habit, she awoke before the sun arose. Turning over in her bed of moss, Weebee watched Richard nodding a bit. It seemed as if he didn't quite sleep as she had, then again, being in such a place could cause discomfort to someone no accustomed to such magic.

Push and kneading the moss back to where it came from, she shuffled her feet under herself. Plucking a few more strange fruits, she place a few on the stone slab table near where Richard half slept. The vines were already peeled back from their deadish locked position, allowing her to leave the safe confines. She knew the pixies and fairies would be bouncing around, knowing a mortal was in the sleeping confines of a half-nymph. Nosy buggers.

The Druid Princes were never-moving beings from their thrones. Looking at them, she spoke with them in their sacred druidic language. Placing a few humble requests, she returned to Richard several minutes later to rouse the mortal to claim his trophy.

"Richard..." she softly called. Placing her hand on his shoulder and giving it a squeeze elicited impish giggles and a inscectual flutter of wings from the voyeuristic fey. Blowing a curt raspberry with ears flattened, Weebee snorted the beings into silence. Calling to him again, she smiled as he found himself.

"Richard, They await your answer. Come now, claim what's yours." she said in a soft whisper.

DoctorRed

Richard woke with a start. So nights were the nights he spent simply resting in the early morning, remaining still for the hours where sleep might have taken him unawares and exposed him.

When she called to him, he gave a start and rubbed at his face, a bit flushes as he rose to his feet, looking upon her. Standing patiently to reshoe himself in his boots, frowning at the creatures who floated and fluttered about. He turned his eyes upon her and watched her a few moments before he replalced his sword to it's rightful place on his back. He fussed a bit on his clothes and armor before he shifted a weight, eyes on hers.

"I...er... I'm  as ready as I'm like to be." He knelt to draw one of the fruit she'd laid out for him and biting into one patiently before he looked back to her, watching her with a shallow pool of uncertainty  in his eyes.

DRAMA

Nodding, she took him by the hand and led him from the small shelter. Bringing him back before the pool of water, she squeezed his hand and let go. It was only a few moments before the Princes addressed him, almost in unison.

"Dawn has come, mortal. Speak of what you wish to claim and it shall be yours." the voices said as one. Still as they ever were, the sensations Richard felt before would begin to cross his flesh once more as the divine beings scanned him for unknown reasons.

Weebee stood next to him, looking up to his face, waiting for some sort of answer. She didn't want to influence his choice, but she had hoped he wouldn't blunder this up. The fey knew of the Princes' generosity. They were just predictable and unpredictable as nature. You do good for nature, it pays back to you. If you harm it, it won't do as you command as easily.

Knowing her Audience with the Princes' followed Richard's, she seemed impatient and nervous even. Listening quietly, she focused her thoughts on the male before her, eagerly awaiting his voice as were the rest of the fey present.

DoctorRed

The man knelt before the princes and he bowed his head slowly, letting a slow breath shudder from him as he waited a moment. He opened his mouth and turned his face upon theirs each in turn.

"I am but a ranger, and know no meaning save for give and take.  I saved Weebee, but it is a hollow.victory.  I promised her I would slay the orc who took her. I would ask only for Weebee and that she be beside me. I would ask the permission to continue, and do what I swore to her I would. " he said to them.

"That is my request. The amalglam to he free to choose if she would stand beside me, should she like."

(Short post was shooort. D: )))