News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

Le Tisserand

Started by Ten, September 27, 2011, 11:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten

This thread is closed for the time being. Not taking any requests.

Welcome to my request thread. Not much to say except that I'm very liberal about pairings(male or female), I only role-play in threads, and I generally only role-play the ideas I have listed. I usually don't bump my threads unless I have new ideas, so check back if you see this at the top; I'll probably have something new put up. And all that I ask from my partners is to put effort it into your posting. That's it!

Browse and let me know if anything looks interesting to you.

The Leader

For this, I'd be playing the charismatic leader of a cult - that emphasizes purity of the mind and body(no drugs, alcohol, no sex, etc.) but which is more militaristic than religious in nature - and I'm looking for someone to play the young woman who falls in love with him and eventually has a secret sexual relationship with him. I'd really like to explore the atmosphere of a cult mentality, with a blind dedication in the followers, and the use of power and authority to victimize others.

Opening Post:
QuoteThe air was thick with heat even as the sun continued to peek and hide behind cirrus clouds high overhead. Cicadas buzzed their grating, whining song from the landscape that surrounded them. The farmhouse and barracks were the only civilized buildings around for miles, a couple of beat-up trucks and an old van parked beside them, quiet and unused. Below the hill behind him, seen from a distance was the vineyard, rows and rows of grape vines, snaking over their supports.

"This is a proud day," he said, his deep baritone carrying out strong and forceful without him needing to yell. He looked proud, as he laid a hand on the shoulder of a young man kneeling before him and facing the small crowd. "Sam has proven himself a loyal and trustworthy member of INK. A hard worker and dedicated to helping his brothers and sisters also become stronger members. And this exemplary behavior needs to be rewarded."

His hand left Sam's shoulder to grasp an electric razor in both of his hands, his slender fingers turning it on before resting his hand back where it had been. As the light, mechanical buzzing started, the young man's eyes shown bright with an internal excitement, unable to hide a grin from his boyish features as he looked out at the faces of those situated around and watching. Only a small handful of others in the group had achieved this honor and now it was his turn, his expression growing reverent as the razor was finally pressed to his neck and started sheering away the soft, spiky strands of his russet colored hair.

The crowd was silent but several watched with an equal amount of pride in their brother, while others stood silently in awe and envy. Ben worked methodically to shed Sam of the representation of all that held him back from achieving his full potential. It was only a year ago that the young man had been a drug addict and now he'd reached ultimate purity. Finally, the deed was done, and Sam brushed a few cut hair pieces from his shoulders fully shedding his old life and identity. Ben held a hand out to the lad and Sam willingly took it, gripping the older man's strong palm as he was helped to stand. And he tried not to cry as he was patted on the back and laughed meekly as he was brought into a hug.

"Let's break for lunch now and then get back to our duties," Ben addressed the crowd as he pulled away, a comforting hand laid on the back of Sam's neck. Then they began wandering across the lawn towards the large farmhouse, Sam blending in with the others as a few fussed over his new look. But Ben, the Leader, walked alone, clad in only boots and weathered brown pants, his broad shoulders and chest colored a dark and healthy tan from working in the sun for long hours. And other than a ring of dark, groomed facial hair around his lips and on his chin, he too possessed no hair on his head, the smooth expanse of his scalp glistening in the sun.

Mirror Image

On the other side of the mirrors and reflections of our world, there exists an entirely different world filled with people resembling us. Their purpose and desires revolve around dancing with us through the glass wall and copying us - living through us and being us.

But for a particular mirror man, named Imago, this isn't enough once he lays eyes on a woman in our world and falls instantly in love with her. So, he breaks away, outcasting himself from his world, and steps through the barrier to pursue her. The problem is 1. he looks exactly like an arrogant snob that she just recently went on a blind-date with(which is how Imago came to see her, through reflections on the date) and 2. there are certain odd things about him - like he sometimes does things backwards, and he doesn't cast reflections or shadows. Will she be able to look past these things or will she reject him just like she did to the man who bears his likeness?

Looking for someone to play the girl(or it can be a guy).

Opening Post:
QuoteIdiots. The world was filled with them and Gerard was forced to interact with them constantly. In his ear, the crackling sound of bad country music played while he waited for the imbecilic bitch to get her act together and get back on the bloody phone. Gerard sat in his very modern living room, on his sleek and clean couch, wearing nothing but a fancy, plush bathrobe, impatiently tapping his fingertip on the side of the cordless phone against his ear. In his lap rested the catalog he was ordering from, opened to the page displaying the very chic glass, marbleized vase he was trying to get. They were out of the oceanic blue design, which would go perfect in front of the window. The clerk, who was supposedly serving him, half-remembered a new shipment coming in and at his insistence, she went to go check. And she was taking her sweet time.

Why was there so much trouble with this? He'd ordered from them before - that flat screen TV hanging against the wall, the treadmill, the entertainment center, the china, and nearly every fricking thing in his bathroom. All ordered from this same dumb-ass catalog. He was practically at the top of their list of preferred customers! He didn't deserve this kind of treatment! Glancing at the clock on the wall, he let out a heavy breath and slapped the magazine down on the glass coffee table sitting in front of him. As he leaned forward, a shade of himself leaned with him, a ghost-like apparition seen in the depths of it's surface. When Gerard looked off to the right and ran a hand through his hair, his haunted double looked to it's left and copied the motion.

"Sir?" the female voice came back on the line, hesitant and sickeningly kind. For God sakes... He almost wished she hadn't come back at all. Almost.

Before she could go on with whatever she had to say, Gerard stepped in and blasted at her, "It's about time! I've been waiting for almost half an hour!" She stammered a moment but he ignored her. "Is this what you call service? Not all of us can waste time on the clock like you do, waddling about your little fucking cubicle! Some of us have appointments and dates to get to!"

"I... I apologize, sir. I checked to see about the Deep Blue Sea Corral Vase you wanted--"

"Yes. And?!"

"--and the shipment logs say there should be some in stock, but..."

"But what?" he grated out in exasperation, incomprehensibly annoyed beyond belief. "They're either in and you have them and I can order them or they're not and I can't. Which is it?" Honestly, this wasn't difficult. Unless you were five and mentally handicapped, which this woman apparently was!

"They're not."

"Then we're done. Thank you for the lovely chat," he shook his head and rose from his seat, his reflection in the glass table wandering by and out of sight as he walked down the hall to his bedroom.

"I'm really sorry. Maybe you'd like the Desert Pink Sunset vase?"

"You already offered me that before I told you to check the records for the color I wanted. And I told you then, if you offered me the pink again, I'd shove it up your disease-ridden arse." His ghost-like image drifted past the glass pictures in the hallway, ranting silently while Gerard's voice grew louder. "Not only do you suck at your job by not having all the necessary files that you might need if, gee, I don't know. If someone calls and actually needs something from you. That way you don't waste their precious time taking hours to search for what you should already know. But you also suck at life by being such an incompetent moron who doesn't even pay attention when customers specifically ask you not to try to sell them shitty puke-colored crockery!"

Entering his vast bedroom, he harshly pressed a button on the phone and tossed it on the bed, sauntering over to his walk-in closet. Instantly, the woman and her frivolous idiocy was cast out of mind as he regarded his wardrobe of expensive suits and polo shirts. Now that was over, it was time to deal with a new headache. His blind date. It was someone Charles knew and although he had great taste in classy, upper class women, it was the "blind" part of the equation that bit at Gerard. He just hoped she didn't turn out to be a slob or a obnoxious twit. He could handle just about anything, from bimbos to dull bitches, so long as they made nice enough arm candy and made him look good in public. Otherwise, he had absolutely no use for them.

In minutes, he was clad in a sleek, midnight blue suit, almost black it was so dark, and a deep, blood red dress shirt underneath. Standing in front of the mirror, he tied his tie and his reflection did as well. A slender man with blue eyes and short white blonde hair looked back at him, smiling haughtily when he adjusted his tie and combed his quickly drying hair. On the other side of the glass... beyond the silver, beyond the metal backing and the wall it was hanging from... deeper, inside it, stood Gerard's reflection, staring through the window between the worlds.

As Imago buttoned Gerard's suit jacket and smoothed his hand down the front of it, he felt immensely pleased as he kept pace with the other man, moving as he did, every facial expression, every muscle twitch exactly the same. Even though they looked exactly alike, he was not Gerard, but an entirely separate being with thoughts and feelings of his own. And although he did not always agree with the things his human companion did or said, he found more fulfillment in the dance they shared day in and day out than he did in his own autonomy. He didn't have to like Gerard as a person; being one with him through the mirrors was enough. And there wasn't anything more that Imago could want or ask for.

Finally satisfied with his appearance, Gerard stalked back down the hallway, picking up his keys before finally leaving his apartment. Although immensely satisfied about how incredible he looked right now, he again experienced a moment of dread when thinking about his date, hoping once again that she was at least tolerable to look at. Getting into his silver Audi, he started driving to the five-star restaurant where he was supposed to meet her, his blue eyes meeting Imago's when he glanced at the rear-view. He also really hoped she wasn't tardy. Gerard had enough of women wasting his time today.

(That's Zdeno Chara of the Boston Bruins in a fist fight with Evgeny Artyukhin of the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2009)

▻ Slapshot!

Would anyone like to try a hockey themed role-play with me? I know that sounds strange and possibly boring/intimidating, but you don't need to know EVERYTHING about hockey(I don't). If you can write a description of someone skating, then we're good. Mostly, I wanna do a drama and an in-depth look at players lives, with sports as a backdrop. THIS IS NOT A ROMANTIC ROLE-PLAY.

Basic plot: two guys who have been buddies since childhood, get recruited to the same hockey team and are a formidable pair. They mesh well with the rest of the team, but when they're on the ice together, they become a force to be reckoned with in skill and speed. That's why it's sort of tragic when one of them has a falling out with the coach and gets signed with another club. Now the two guys who were once like brothers have to face each other across the ice. How strong will their loyalty to each other hold against the loyalty to their teams?

Like I said, it'll be more based on characters and not just scenes involving the game being played(although, I would like a couple of those) and I need someone who can handle multiple characters for when our two main guys cannot interact directly with each other.

Disfigured

A story about a cursed man. He is a normal man with a normal body, except from the neck up, instead of the head and face of a man, he possesses the head and beak of a large, black crow. Fantasy-setting. Looking for someone to be his traveling companion, possibly a warrior to keep him safe from persecution from those who don't understand, while trying to help him find a cure for his curse.

NOT A ROMANCE.

I would prefer if you answer this only if you have an idea for your character in mind. Mine will be the crow-guy and your character can basically be anything, male or female, but preferably human.