News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

You Are Cordially Invited To Play :3

Started by Raivh, September 14, 2011, 11:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raivh

What I Expect:
*Strong, well rounded, dynamic characters (not sissy, flat, static characters)
*Paragraph posting
*Creative description, not just common placed phrases. There are too many people out of that box, which means the inside is unique, so get back in that box and lock yourself in.
*Well written posts—grammatical elements are there for a reason, as we all know, and spelling is a niece thing to have ass well.
*Multiple genres (at least two)
*Plot, even if it's something basic or cliché. Besides, clichés can be fun because everyone has a different pitch to throw. Also, it should be noted that I expect you to contribute to the plot, not make me do all the work. D: Please don't make me beg for assistance!

Notes:
*I don't mind writing out sex scenes in a role play, but there needs to be substance to the storyline.
*Romance is cool, but spice it up, give it an edge. I like a little action and comedy here and there too, you know.
*I play some of the baddest bad-boys you'll ever meet. Some go soft, some keep that certain edge throughout the role play, just depends on who they're pitted against.

Pairings:

Human x Vampire
Vampire x Vampire
Demon x Human
Demon x Angel
Angel x Human
Angel x Angel
Angel x Fallen
Musician x Fan
Musician x Musician
Nypmh x Human
Elf x Human
Sprite/Fairy x Human
Lycan x Human
Lycan x Lycan
Lycan x Vampire
Ghost x Human
Teacher/Professor x Student
Psychologist x Patient
Elemental x Human
Assassin x Vampire
Human x Mermaid
Shifter x Human
Shifter x Shifter
Human x Human
Director x Actress
Prince x Commoner
Princess x Commoner
Prince x Princess
(Demi) God x Mortal
(Demi) God x (Demi) Goddess
(Demi) Goddess x Mortal
Human x Selkie
Human x Android

1.) "To love a woman is forbidden. They are bearers of bad seeds, descendants of Eve, and sin in the flesh." –The Order of Seven. "There is no stopping love between a human and an Angel. If one begins, it will not cease." Tried, and sentenced to time on earth for watching over a human--a woman. "She wasn't your charge," Gabriel had scolded. "Therefore, her dreams, feelings, emotions--everything relating to the tragedy she experienced losing her loved ones--none of it is knowledge you should have." That day, while Jacoba was still dwelling in the bright white expanse of heaven, Gabriel had shown signs of troubled thoughts beyond his wise gray eyes. And so Jacoba fell. Hellfire was used to conceal his wings, leaving him with two scars on his back; it was a temporary means of restraining him, a means to shake him up a bit, in hopes that he would get his act together. Finding her, seeing her on earth as opposed to the hazy images he'd accessed in heaven, something drew him to her, a deep, powerful bond without logic.

2.) Injured at home, due to a showering accident, Bryant finds himself in a bit of a bind. With a broken arm, and no one he trusts to handle a camera for an artist he was supposed to shoot a music video for, he is forced to tell his client that they'll have to reschedule. This poses a dilemma for the female singer, and she's not exactly thrilled to hear from her manager that she's going to have to pick through her busy schedule for another open date. That, and she's not fond of the fact that the same schmuck who canceled on her is Bryant Danes, the boy who once asked her out, only to dump her the day of prom, also her birthday. So, when she does call to reschedule, ill-tempered and not at all level headed, and he catches on through subtle hints about who she is, and asks her out on a date, things could go awry or blossom into something spectacular.

3.) A figure moves through the streets clad in a dark cloak, the hood pulled up to shadow his features. Emblazoned on the black hood is a crimson rat, a symbol of his place of belonging. He is a misfit, an outcast, and yet he isn't treated as such, not by those of the Secret Society of the Raven and the Rat. The story takes place in late 1400's, during a time of comfort and leisure where the oath of a knight was becoming less and less in worth. From the far east a merchant comes to sell his goods to the prosperous kingdom of Liut, a town of festival and merrymaking. Here, he encounters a young servant girl who has secretly fled from her master's keep for an evening. She wears a mask to hide her features, keeping her identity concealed. An uproar takes place; apparently, one of the many merchants valuable furs has gone missing, and he accuses the nearest person of theft—the woman. She is taken away by guards, and led to a platform, where she is mocked, tormented, and put on display for the entire town to gawk at during the late night festivities. The merchant, my character, offers up a rope to bind her wrists with, and the guards commend him for his service to their Lord and master. But a plot is in place, and the merchant's every move as well as the young maiden's is being watched in secret by a grinning old fortune teller who knows not when to keep her crooked nose out of Fate's business. An escape, adventure over the vast terrain of Veladrum, action, tentative mystery, and blossoming romance awaits.

4.) Shallow breathing, a life after life; he opened his green eyes to stare at the glass structure that surrounded him. Very little of his life did he remember. Nothing of his name, the city he'd lived in, not even a sole memory of his family existed. One fragment of his mind, the tiniest slice that he could recall while lying there face up on that table, was her. It had been years since he'd last seen her, and on that last day they'd had a fight. She'd said she had something to tell him, something important. He'd been walking out the door after one of their nights together, one that she had seemed particularly enthralled with. Of course he hadn't complained when she'd pulled him inside and ushered him straight into her bedroom, unusual as it was. It wasn't until after their final release when she'd kissed him goodnight that she even mentioned she had something she needed to tell him before he left. So, when he brushed her off, said that whatever it was could wait until he'd gotten off work, she had cried, they had both yelled, and she'd slammed the door on his back as he stormed down the hall. Standing in that office building, eyes a piercing, unnatural shade of blue, pupils nothing more than a pinpoint, he'd felt something pull in his stopped heart when they informed him he was to kill her, to kill this woman he remembered. The one person in his past that he even had the will to recall, and she was married with a kid, another man's child, and had wed only months after his disappearance. It was a case of underground weapon sales. Technology far beyond the grasps of what the general public knew about was being sold to competitors, and the man who had contacted his creator wanted something done about it, wanted the man who this woman had married and born his child. Gladly, having his own thoughts, he had accepted the task. He would be the assassin, but then they put a twist on the task: rather than kill than chop the problem off at the head, they wanted him to start at the roots—his wife and child.

5.) In 2027, a program aired with a message from NASA stating that they had discovered a way to rid earth of pollutants once and for all. A satellite was launched and a laser fired at the moon, creating a flash that blacked out power for the span of a year. During this time, individuals trapped in time capsules during the events of that day vanished, their bodies missing. One such individual was Jacob Briggs, a journalist who had lost his job and was hoping to kick his old life goodbye and start anew in the future. But he left someone behind, someone very important to him. She was his world, but in his haste to escape a poverty-stricken land and happening upon a chance opportunity, he took it and ran, ran from her. At twenty four, he now walks an artificial soil. It looks the same as it had when he was a boy, but every grain is packed with tiny pixels, an artificial world created in result of the outage that had turned the moon crimson, a glaring remark of the bloodshed in the war after the laser's first and final firing. His fiancée's life was lost during this war, but in the future he's going crazy. He sees her everywhere—the supermarket, on the streets, on the television—everywhere. When he finds out that her family, in a moment of great despair, created an android version of her, Jacob doesn't know what to do. He's torn. She looks exactly like he remembered her, feels exactly like he remembered her feeling, and she speaks in the same soft voice. But she's a robot, and while very well engineered, he doesn't believe that love is something shared between a human, a being of flesh and blood and bone, and a metal thing compiled of carbon steel, wiring, and highly advanced technology beyond his wildest imagination. Can she convince him otherwise, this soul trapped in a body he doesn't seem to want, or will he meet her halfway?

6.) There isn't a woman on earth who doesn't want to be loved and treated as though she's an angel, perfect in every way. Creatures of the dark, supposed beings of violence and rage and heinous acts of murder, even this blood sucking leech wants a lover, and she's been watching one man for the past three years. He's cruel, dumps women the moment he gets bored with them. It doesn't matter where or when, if he loses interest, he drops them. Time after time this vampire maiden has endured suffering while watching Zane with these women, not because of what he does to them, but because she's not the one in his bed, the one he's kissing. Too much, his antics are too much, and she feels herself slipping, and finally decides to approach him in a roundabout way, as she can only come out at night or painfully bear the harmful rays of sunlight during the day, charring her flawless flesh and beautiful form.

He receives a call from his friends, who say that they ran into an old friend, someone they believe would be perfect for him. Strange, considering they're the two who told him that never in their wildest state of mind would they ever introduce him to anyone, let alone someone they've known for years. The vampire woman has put an enchantment on Zane's friends, made them believe that she's nothing more than the sweetest human girl, a mortal, and while she is sweet, a darling compared to the dark stories she's read though still one who drinks blood—human blood, she is anything but human. They hit it off, leave the club together, and soon she discovers she wasn't quite ready for him, not yet, figured it out the moment he kissed her.

She snapped. Sharp fangs penetrated his flesh, pumping her venom into him, claiming him as her mate, all the while staring into his eyes full of disbelief and rage. He drinks from her as she did him, sealing the bond of blood, weakening her to the point of unconsciousness, and then he flees, returns to his apartment and sleeps. When she awakes, she is barely able to move, but unwilling to drink the blood of any human until she knows that he is safe. She goes searching for him, but what she finds is a vengeful monster, not the man who had so eagerly kissed her the night before, not the man who had cradled her like the most fragile thing on earth. Too weak to fight, she must endure his scorn and radical behavior, her petite body being thrashed about, all while trying to desperately convince him that he is better suited for the life of a vampire, better suited for her, and sway him to hunt with her before she is incapable of moving ever again.

7.) They met briefly the summer before their senior year. She was perfect, to him at least. It wasn't until after graduation that he asked her, and that was the first time he'd ever seen her get so frustrated. In the public eye, she was outgoing, not the type of girl to get flustered. But flustered she got, embarrassment made clear by the red tint in her cheeks that he couldn't help but laugh. She was shy, a timid girl, nothing like high school had made her out to be. And all of those friends, he found out later, weren't really hers, but sons and daughters of her mother's friends, high classed snobs with nothing redeeming about them. She was the outcast of her little clique, and glad to be rid of them—most of them—all of them the moment she was caught walking with him. Two years would pass before he would even hold her hand, and another year before he would kiss her on her lips, and even then it was a closed mouth kiss. He was very slow with her, intuitive, knowing of what she wanted, but slow because she was different, not like the girl's he'd dated before.

8.) My Inspiration. They were sixteen and so in love. Two years would pass, they would graduate, and he would get down on one knee. This, she was sure of. Then something went wrong. Instead of the proposal she'd dreamed of, he kneeled before her, begging forgiveness. Confused, she told him that it was alright and asked him what was wrong, why was he apologizing.

Then the dam broke, and her tears flooded out. He was on his feet. She was screaming at him, asking him "why? Why? Why?! How could you do this to me?"

"Baby, baby," he pleaded, hands on her shoulder, trying to calm her down. She wouldn't have it. Shoving him away, she ran from him that day in tears. It wouldn't have mattered to her. She would have married him anyway. He'd broken her heart, stolen it away, swept her off her feet only to let her find out just how cold and hard the ground was.

That night, she'd gone home and cried, sobbed until her body shook and no more tears flowed. Then she'd grown numb. "Don't touch me," she'd say to men when her friends forced her out years later. "I've got a man who loves me. He's just overseas right now, fighting in this stupid war." Every time, she would wind up lying in bed after the fact, crying until she couldn't, and then she would stare at the ceiling until sleep claimed her exhausted body.

One day, she got a call from his best friend, one he'd been in contact with for the past three. Three years. She'd waited three years to see him, but when he stepped off that plane, she wasn't the one he rushed forward to embrace, to kiss, to say "I love you, baby. I'm home."

"She's just a friend," he'd told her over and over again in high school. "She's a friend, my best friend. I love her, baby, but I love you more." Eyes wide, heart shattered, she'd greeted him with a forced smile, a "Welcome home," and a quick, painful hug. Then she'd turned to her, that other woman, the one that was just his best friend, nothing more.

Smiling brightly, her arm around his strong back, nails toying with the back of his neck, she asked, "Come with us to dinner?" Tormented, she agreed, only to spend a night in anguish. During dinner, she'd excused herself, gotten up saying she needed to get a breath of fresh air. He'd watched her leave, breath tight in his chest, and after a few moments got up as well.

"I'm sorry," he said, her name on his tongue only adding to her bitterness, to the sickening churn in her stomach. Then he repeated the apology, and she wheeled on him.

Small hands on his toned chest, she gave him a powerful shove back, saline tears stinging at the corners of her eyes before spilling over. "You're sorry? You're sorry?! Fuck you! Go back to that bitch! I ha—" she choked on the word before finally spitting it out, "I hate you!"

Rage surged over his features, and he stepped forward, grabbing her arms as she lifted them to ward him off. "No." he said, tone even and calm, despite the painted anger on his face. Then he kissed her. Everything spiraled from there. She melted against him, hot tears burning her eyes, and she kissed him with such fervor as to never let him go again.

He waved a cab over, helped her inside, and they spent the night at her apartment making love until both collapsed in a sweaty heap. Again, she cried, tears of sorrow, tears of joy as she lay there, curled against him in her bed.

"Baby, baby," he cooed to her, running his fingers through her hair, trying to soothe her.

She kissed him again. "Don't leave me, please don't ever leave me. I love you, so much. I love you, please..." swallowing, she trailed off, her eyes shining with spilt tears.

"I won't, I promise. I'm sorry. I love you too," he said, wrapping her in his arms.

Two missed periods, and the terror of losing him haunted her again. This time, she would be wearing his ring.