News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

A Marriage To End It All

Started by Staria, July 28, 2011, 02:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinkagai

His peculiar stare at her turned to utter disbelief as she pulled out a notepad and started writing. Wow...a tiger and a mute...what companions for a man who had no interactions with a 'civilized' world in years. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself, which was strange that he wasn't cursing himself and his disposition.

He read the paper and looked at the tiger, "So, scar,couldn't imagine where you got that name." He said, clearly noting the scar on the beasts face. "Glad to see you wear it with pride too." He added.

He looked back to Zoe, not quite sure how to respond to the heart written on the parchment. "It's Ulric." He said as he handed the notebook back to her, "I'm not one worth loving either." He didn't know what else to say, he had questions, like where she was from, why she couldn't talk, why this place was run down, but he refrained. She had the scent of them, and he didn't really care to get to know someone who more than likely had someone who wanted to kill him, might even beat her just for associating herself with the vagabond. So instead he turned and started walking around the are he was to call home, running his hands along the walls.

He was about to start exploring the tunnels to see what he could use to his advantage. Sleep never crossed his mind.

Onnen

Dre still grumbled somewhat, he didn't admit the acid hurt a shitload more then he showed, but that was pride talking. Though it did disappoint him greatly he wasn't able to truly make Sorian suffer. He payed no mind to the shuffling of other peoples feet, only really the look of shock the council members faces that something could have ended so quickly, just like that, especially when it came to a "Common" soldier killing a council member. It disgusted him somewhat...and was one of the main reasons he kept his nose out of the politics of his species whenever he could, however if it meant he would save Jan a beating she didn't deserve, it was worth it.

"I'll be fine." is all he muttered as he heard Jan speak of Calypso, it's not like he minded half of his face looking like someone ran a cheese grater over it and more, he'd had much worse. Though again he wasn't really complaining as he felt those soft lips of hers touch his own, and the usually neutral male had to admit it felt pretty nice after Lucifer knows how long it'd be since he had been with a woman. "Not even going to wine and dine me first?" Dre was a cocky asshole when he wanted to be, but if it meant it'd break the somber, serious tone of the situation around him it would be for the better. Even at one point lifting an arm lightly to place another kiss 'pon Caly's lips, whether it was just for a bit of extra healing, instincts, or the fact he was a guy after all wasn't clear.

He cared less of the girl, looking towards with a sort of annoyed expression before mumbling something under his breathe "Take his possession's and wait in front of the doors to my quarters..." Once the situation died down he grunted lightly as he sat himself up and rubbed his face a bit. He could tell Jan had a lot on her mind, and before he hand he probably would of been offended by how she seemed to have just brushed the entire situation off...but then again having some giant bullshit political wedding truce between the two groups and the story of the "Lycan Prince", he'd probably of acted the same way.
You got it all wrong, holy man. I absolutely believe in God...and I absolutely hate the Fucker.

Staria

Calypso

"I've always preferred lips to wine myself..." Caly teased back, her eyes flickering a soft gold. She fed on the energy as he kissed her, satisfying her inner hunger. She had not expected his energy to well up when he was so wounded, then again perhaps it came from him having a familiar as that quickly strengthened a vampire... she was tempted to spend the night with him but he had the servant to deal with. She'd heard rumors about Mary...

"If you need more healing stop by my room sweetheart, I'd never leave such a good friend of my sister's wanting...." She chuckled, her eyes suggestive but slowly turning back to green. She turned, walking quickly towards her room. It was one of the nights she could spend all of it with her daughter without worrying about hungry. She was smirking to herself, and soon she'd be curled up watching her beloved daughter's beautiful face sleep...

Zoe

"Love? I just like hearts silly. Momma says love is something I'm not ready for. Night night Mr. Ulric."' said the note she ran up stuffed in his hands. She gave him another rather conspiratorial smile. He made her feel like she had a friend just her own and she loved that feeling. She did not have many friends, really only her mother and aunt.

She then turned and skipped towards the castle. She knew it was too late. She was debating curling up out in the woods to sleep but there was soon a light in the window. She would soon run to the castle, enjoying her run. She would then climb up a secret entrance that led straight to Caly's room. It had once been for secret lycan lovers during the war, now it was simply for Zoe.

She would find her mother on the bed and curl up next to her, slowly taking her snow leopard form. Caly chuckled, stroking  her daughter's feline head a moment before curling up against her and hugging her tight. She would watch as her daughter fell asleep, never able to sleep at night herself. It was one of the rare nights she didn't need to feed..

Janan

Jan stayed by the door for some time, her hand half raised to knock several times. She had looked so upset... damn it why did she have to care for the little child, she had not known her that long.... She shook her head, leaning on one arm. She stood there a few moments until she heard calypso coming up the stairs, closing her eyes a moment in thought.

"Sleep well my dear, you have such things ahead of you, you will need it..." She whispered softly, feeling a soft tug as she thought of it. She was already moving as Calypso mounted the fnal step, and soon she would be at her room. She would sit at her desk, her coded paperwork soon laying before her after she removed it from it's secret niche. She had her own network of spies she used for information now a days and there were papers in both their hand and hers.

She would fall asleep looking through them, planning and writing. She worked herself to exhaustion always...never just falling asleep. Perhaps this was why she always behaved with such irritation... not enough sleep. She was frowning even in her sleep, occasionally whimpering at her dreams...She would stay like this until morning...

Mary
The small woman glared at Dre a moment, thinking of him as just another arrogant vampire. Oh how she hated the vampires, but as what she was she had no choice to obey. She nearly growled as he ordered her but she stood. A soft bow and a 'yes master' later, however she would do as she was told even as she  inwardly screamed. She had thought Sorian's death would mean her freedom....

She shook her head, gathering Sorians more important possessions including various arcane objects that could be cursed knowing Sorian. He always made sure she knew so little about them, he was a secretive creature. Then again he knew better then anyone that a familiar only had to obey direct orders... Mary had made sure of that.

She smirked at the thought, waiting for a few moments. Slowly she would curl up on a lounge in the hallway near his quarters. She fell asleep within moments, her body tired and broken. Her power had saved her life but it would be a few days until she was herself again. Then she'd start irritating Dre in every way she could, he'd either kill her or let her go. Mary had stopped caring which since she was sixteen....

((time to fnally end our very eventful first day lol.))

Uriel Seraphim

Willow had slept for what seemed like an eternity, but still, she had risen before the sun decided to set. Dalton was there beside her, his arms around her fury body, stroking her gently in his sleep.  She was grateful to have him with her, grateful to have someone she could count on today. She had slipped out of her room quietly and eventually made it to the front of the castle. It did not take her long before she found a quiet shady spot; it was there that she lay down waiting for the two leopards to arrive. She did not move, did not speak and did not cry. Such a thing was not befitting of a Lycan Princess. Willow was merely glad she had these few hours to be alone, to attempt to compose herself. She did not want Ulric to be the only thing on her mind... not after the spectacle she had made of herself.

The leopards had arrived at twilight in their animal forms. She knew these leopards well, a mated couple she had spent many evenings with once upon a time. They did not spend time on sentimental, but rather quickly headed inside and towards Daltons still sleeping form. They shifted back into their human forms thoughtlessly as Willow bent down to wake her friend with a quaint kiss on the cheek. If nothing else pleased her, it was the way Dalton looked when he slept. He was perfectly at ease, happy almost... it made Willow long for a time when the word Vampire was just a term the grownups used to scare little kids. But she was not so naive as to allow herself the pleasant delusion.

Khiana and Johnathan sat hand in hand on the bed and waited as Dalton and Willow dressed. The two had not brought clothing with them, but the four would wait for one of the vampires before walking about the castle. Calypso may have been fine with nudity, but Willow was not certain about the other vampires and their... delicacy's.

Onnen

Dre grumbled a bit, sitting on the floor for a few more seconds to regain himself, everyone was heading off to sleep and it hadn't hit him that when he woke up in the morning tomorrow he'd be part of the same bullshit political crap he'd been trying to avoid, and for what? Not even a thanks or a smile, just being stuck with a new annoyance of a servant and a council member nearly melting his damned face off....but it was for his friend. Sometimes he hated having a nice side, but he'd shake off all of his doubts and other thoughts as he finally stood up, cracking his neck a bit and walked slowly to his room.

He allowed torn, ripped clothing to fall off his torso, exposing both of his sleeved arms, and the massive tattoo that stretched from shoulder to shoulder across his back, connecting the artwork that adorned said arms. He'd toss the torn clothing onto the girl asleep in front of his room, tempted to be a complete asshole and just lay into her with all the stress of the night...but then again...he'd be no better then the asshole he just killed. ""Wake up...It's more comfortable inside" and so he'd make his way inside his quarters, letting himself lazily fall 'pon a nearby comfortable seat and letting his head fall back, eyes closing.
You got it all wrong, holy man. I absolutely believe in God...and I absolutely hate the Fucker.

Staria

Jan
Jan awoke slowly, groaning at her stiff body. She would have preferred to sleep away the day but she had lycans to attend to. Slowly she stood, her back cracking slightly as she stood and rubbed her head which was pounding. Stress headaches... something she frequently had not that she would admit it. Slowly she dressed, wiping away some ink from her face with a sound of disgust. She must have smeared her work... she'd have to fix it later.

One of her familiars told her of the leopards arrival and she suppressed a sigh, she would have to greet them. After she locked her room she headed towards Willow's room and knocked softly on the door. She wasn't sure what to expect now, or if she should tell willow that her brother was now under the same protection as the pack. She could not understand the girls feelings towards her brother, it seemed so complex. Jan was a simple creature when it came to that... she either loved you, hated you, or thought of you as a pawn. There was no in-between.

"Willow..... ? She called quietly to make sure she was heard, putting her hands behind her back. She was frowning at the door now, normally she wouldn't be so polite. She was use to going in and doing what needed done, not exactly one for formality... or foreplay for that matter. She had closed herself off so much, that sometimes... sometimes rough was the only way she could feel anything at all whether fighting or loving.

Mary

Mary hissed lightly as the coat hit her but said nothing. She only took the rags that had been clothing and walked slowly into the room. She placed Sorian's things on a random table, tossing the door closed behind her with no care of how asleep he was. She then walked to the bed since he neglected it and stretched out.  Slowly she fell asleep as well and would not likely wake up until dre woke her. She even slept through morning as her body and soul tried to mend.

Uriel Seraphim

Willow jumped slightly at the sound of Jan's voice. The were-animals understood when silence was necessary, or more so, when words were unwanted. She made sure her dress looked presentable enough before opening the door, her hand hesitating slightly on the knob. She smiled weakly once she saw her intended wife, "Good morning Jan," she opened the door wide enough for her to enter before stepping inside to stand by Dalton. She needed the physical contact of her kind, needed the strength she knew only her kind held. Dalton put an arm around Willows shoulder and allowed the small girl to bury her face in his chest for a moment, taking in the scent of her family. Willow sighed and turned back to her future wife with sad, apologetic eyes. She doubted Jan would understand or appreciate weakness from her future mate.

Willow gestured towards her companions, "Jan, meet Khiana and Johnathan." The couple stood reluctantly, but bowed to the vampire lowly in respect.

She moved towards Jan then, abandoning Daltons calming touch to stand by her wife, "You need not worry of Ulric; he will not likely reappear for some time." Her words were spoken in whispers, as if she was afraid speaking too loudly would make the words too true. "He's spent his whole life running away from me. I was surprised to see him last night I'm afraid," she admitted, "If he does return... it will not be for some time. After all, old habits are hard to break."

Staria

Jan

Jan was not surprised at the weak smile, having half expected a growl so managed a polite "good morning" back. Her pessimistic heart was sure the young lady would hate her... but that was just the usual of her life so she didn't mind... at least that's what she told herself. She had long ago convinced herself that she was better alone... that she was happy. She accordingly managed to nod and half smile as the woman turned and hugged Dalton as if in fear. Still she said nothing, simply letting her gaze slide to the companions in silence.

It was then that something would break through her ice wall, however. Her eyes were pulled to Johnathan's naked body and the scent of the lycan's in the room filled her nose. She could feel the chill of that cave so long ago wash over her and she felt the urge to scream. Utter terror filled her dark blue eyes and one of her hands briefly shook, fear bubbling up in her heart. For a moment she was young enough to be barely more then a child and she was in a cold dark place, trapped beneath a serial killer even his own kind had cast out. Her breath shuddered, only the whisper of Willow's voice bringing her back to her senses.

She quickly turned her eyes to Willow, as if seeking comfort from the woman only to hide her face from her and the others. She bent her head, not daring to let anymore weakness to be seen then had already been seen. She had only lost control of her fear and disgust for an instant but it was enough for a sharp eyed beast she was sure. The vampire, however, could only half smile at Willows words. If only she knew... how much should she tell her?

"He... has been taken care of. I have put him under the protections your pack is though they believe him a mere vagabond, so he can not make as much trouble merely being here.... and I would not assume he is so far away as you think. You would have to ask the tigers here that... I have made him Scar's and their concern. She half whispered back, not sure how the girl would take it or how much she wanted the others to know. She then, however, remembered the naked leopards and tensed. Now she would speak in her usual loud, clear, cold voice.

"I must request that you all wear clothing here.... despite my sister's choices it is considered rude for most and often an invitation for sexual advances. Nudity here is simply a way to say you want sex. The Maids will provide you with some if you did not bring your own. " She was firm, showing no sign of her fear though she did not dare look at Johnathan again. She had defeated many of her fears but a naked man still took her back to those days.... and filled her with such fear and rage it was hard not to strike out. She would not admit this weakness, however, to those present even as every cell in her body screamed to run out of the room.