News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

A Marriage To End It All

Started by Staria, July 28, 2011, 02:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staria

Jan watched, trying desperately to show no emotion even as the pain in her future wife caused a fury she did not understand. She looked away, letting the princess leave but with clenched fists a moment. She knew that she needed to stop the girl from shouting but now she wanted her to... she wanted her to scream, to rage, anything but that quiet heart break. Still she kept her tongue... until the girl was out of range.

"You are a fool...If I thought for a second it would do any good I would let the council kill you...but I won't have these treaty interfered with. If you must stay here it must be out of sight of the guards for a couple days. One of my familiars will take you to a secret spot I know and stay with you...this is none negotiable unless you want your sister in more danger. You will be identified by the tiger so stay with him" She said icely to Ulric. She then waved at a white tiger who walked over, one of his eyes scared over. He had once taken on a lycanthrope and even though he was but a normal beast, albeit a hyper intelligent one due to Jan's gift to him, he had won. If anyone could keep vampires away from him, or defend itself should he turn on it, this tiger was the one.

The tiger walked to ulric's side with a grumbling sound, but would obey his orders. He would take a few steps then wait for the lycan prince to follow. Once or if he did the beast would lead him to some ruins of what everyone thought was simply ruins of a small temple built to go with the ancient castle. Inside, however, was a secret entrance to a lair of tunnels and caves that wound all beneath the forest. Most were caved in but there was more then enough room to camp while he slept or needed to get out of sight of the guards.

Without another word Jan turned and walked away, her head bent and her brow furrowed. Despite her blasé way of putting it, this was no simple fix. She sighed, if she'd known of the mess she would have been able to prevent this but as is... Oh well, she would put the 'vagabond' under her protection and the council could demand what payment they will.

"I call an emergency council meeting, now...." She said sharply, causing everyone to look up in shock. They were not use to her doing anything... official. Even with her manipulating the government only a handful of members as well as the king and queen realized the extent. To do something like this... just what was their princess up to?

Caly smiled as she was touched, nuzzling into his shoulder contently. It was, however, lacking something....sexual to it somehow that her movements usually had. Then again, that was because she actually respected Dre. She had no desire to manipulate him even for a meal so had no reason to put on her act.  Only those who really knew her would likely know the difference, however, and despite her open approach those were relatively few.

"Oh just the rules really, how simple they are..." She purred, her voice working its magic unconsciously. She may have said more but Dalton had stopped being funny. He was now just being... boring. He walked away and she rolled her eyes, tilting her head to the side. That was no fun... She may have tried to follow him but she saw willow come in... without Jan.

That alone would have been something to worry her but then Jan would enter. She knew her well enough to pick up a subtle look of discomfort in her eyes and that they were purple tinted, a sign of her anger. Calypso instantly became serious and pulled away from dre slightly with a frown. When she called the council meeting that sealed it. Something was going down.  Jan had already briefed her on what she was to do then and so she sighed.

"Excuse me Dre..." she murmured but then paused, thinking of something of her own. "And ... dre... stay with Jan and .... Keep her from doing anything stupid." She muttered, whispering it so only Dre would hear. With that she would quickly head for Willow as her sister had told her too. She was not nearly as strong, her powers being mainly dependant on being able to touch bare skin and all, but she was trusted. She would soon find Willow and Dre and touch willows shoulder with her finger tips to get their attention. She looked a little nervous herself and kept glancing back as she thought of Jan.

"Why don't I show you your rooms? Or anywhere else you would like to see?" She purred, her voice as always sensual... but lacking it's usual power. Only when she was nervous or talking to a handful of people did she ever lose that quality. She didn't know what was going on but her sister had made it clear that willow's safety was top priority for some important plan and she trusted Jan enough for that to be all she needed to know.

The mute therian was standing in the tree when she heard her 'Auntie's' voice. She would creep through the woods to see a man standing with one of her Auntie's tigers. She tilted her head to the side, biting her lip in thought. If she had been in one of her snow leopard forms she would have twitched her tail she was so curious but also nervous. Aunti seemed genuinely angry... that was rare enough to be a little scary for the shy soul. For now, however, she would follow the lycan prince wherever he went to find out what place Auntie meant.

((yeah XD Jan and Zoe are not actually related, the rp will probably eventually reveal why. I just felt like having a non bitch character in this >.>))

((edit: XD i found a dollmaker that with a few edits made caly's current dress/outfit >.> http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/stariamoon/Calypso.png))

jinkagai

And he was left alone, sort of. Ulric gave the tiger a smirk, raised his hand slowly as the beast growled at him, "Easy boy. This'll be a lot easier if we have some understanding of one another." It turned it's head forward, beckoning the forgotten prince to follow. He didn't like the idea of following someone's pet, but in this case Ulric knew there wasn't much of a choice. At least it would lead him away from here.

The tiger took off in a manner that spoke 'keep up' and put a smile on Ulric's face. True, the creature was a familiar for his most hated of enemies, but it was still a majestic beast, with a pride of it's own. Ulric changed, his form that of a giant wolf, he bounded into the darkness before him. The two ran side by side, Ulrich refusing to follow, the tiger refusing to be overtaken.

It was not long before the two reached their destination. The temple was dark, long being abandoned it seemed as if the brick would fall apart if touched. But this was vampire architecture and would stand the test of time regardless of appearances. Ulric changed back into his human form, scratching behind the tiger's ear as he stood. "Not much of a home." he said more to himself than his companion.

He found a stream nearby and washed himself off, laying on the soft grass, propping his head up with a rock, staring at the night sky. He noted the tiger as it laid down next to him, prompting Ulric to pet him again.

Uriel Seraphim

Willow didn't hear Calypso, didn't even notice the woman had moved towards her and her companion. She was too lost in herself; a feeling the young Lycan was hardly used to. She would not have moved if it had not been for Daltons arm around her waist. He muttered something, she was not sure what. But soon, the two were walking again, climbing stairs. She knew Daltons arms was guiding her, his body next to hers making sure she did not trip on her way. But all the same, she could not feel him. Her senses were frozen solid as her mind went blank, refusing to deal with what had just transpired. It was a heavy feeling, a tired one she did not quite know how to describe if anyone were to ask.

The sound of the door click shut made her look up. "The room changed..." she muttered, feeling not but dazed and uncaring.

"This is to be our room," Dalton told her, "The vampires have been rather considerate." His eyes were locked on something she noticed, and as she followed his gaze, it was a fireplace that her eyes finally rested upon.

"Considerate..." her voice was bland and unfeeling as she muttered the word. She did not hold to him then, merely moved away and began to take off her dress. She wanted to be closer to herself, closer to the truth of what she really was. And somewhere... underneath the ice she felt engulfing her body; she wanted to be closer to her brother. If nothing else, they shared their clans true form, that of a wolf.

Dalton followed her lead and took his clothes away. He could not shift on command; that was a skill only she had her brother had mastered. But all the same, members of their pack very rarely ever slept alone and these two had been bed partners since they were whelps. It was not a sexual thing; merely the want for contact and the comfort of what was familiar that drove all of their kind to find something warm with which to sleep.

Dalton watched as the woman he wished to call wife transform with effortless grace. She padded her small white form over towards the fire and merely fell to the rug bellow her. It was not typical wolf behavior, but all the same, Dalton had never really thought of Willow as being typical. He did not fuss over pillows and blankets as Vampires likely would, the two were used to sleeping on cold hard ground. He merely walked towards her unblinking eyes and lay down beside his white wolf princess.

The two did not speak, merely lay beside one another and basked in the warmth of the fire. After all, what was there to be said that could not wait until morning?

Staria

((Jan is frozen until Onnen replies but I'll go ahead and reply with the other two so jinks and uri have theirs))

((Don't forge jinks under the ruins is a cozy little cave/tunnel system for him to stay in if it rains or w/e))

Zoe followed the two, tapping into her snow leopard self to run as fast as she could. She smiled to herself, enjoying the feeling of running. She loved the sensation of the air against her skin, it was one of the reasons she spent more time outside then anywhere else. Jan was often with her when she had time, having a similar love of the outdoors but less time.

She was surprised as they reached the temple, tilting her head to the side as she hid behind a nearby tree and watched the prince. The secret of the temple's underground was one Jan had shared only with a handful of people, including Zoe. She had also given the man a familiar? Was he that much of an ally? Or that dangerous of a foe?

Zoe wasn't sure and the thought made her frown. All that blood too... If transforming wasn't something Zoe was in control of it would have forced her transformation as young as she was. Jan had trained Zoe herself though, if only in her therian abilities. Jan had resisted the idea of Zoe being trained as a true warrior, most thought it was so she would not be too powerful in case she turned on vampires. Only Caly believed there a more emotional reason....

Calypso led them to the room absently, quiet as Willow was quiet. Her own thoughts were far from her body so she didn't even hit on Dalton as early she had enjoyed doing. She was a callous, fickle creature much of the time yes... but once you had her loyalty  and love no one would care for you more. So she let the silence rain, watching from the door as the two curled by the fire. It was cute and reminded her of Zoe, a strange smile on her lips... well strange for Caly.  It was that of a mother, not a sex nymph, a loving mother.

She closed the door after a moment but then sat on a chair on the hall. She was leaning against the chair now, standing guard as she was requested. She reached into the table, pulling out the pen and paper she and Zoe made sure were all over the castle. She had always been an artistic soul and began to sketch Dalton and Willow... in a sense. Dalton she made a large wolf form curled around the small white wolf form of the princess. Busying her hands helped her worry less... She would not disobey Jan, no matter how desperately she wanted to go downstairs.

Onnen

Dre couldn't help but simply smirk as the male started to walk away, little chuckle being given as he took another sip from the champagne and simply put it back as if he never touched it. "Well that was boring..." he muttered lightly under his breathe, but in all, it did stop a little confrontation...and people said he couldn't be violent...pffffft. He was fine with Caly in general, though as mentioned before he never flirted with her and she never with him, it was more out of mutual respect then anything else, not to say she wasn't desirable, but perhaps at a later time she'd talk more to her.

Though again once his mind got distracted somewhat and he was ready to simply head off to bed, is when he saw Willow, and the sight of her alone would have caused some sort of rift in the room. The only real thing he could think of is "Does this girl want to be slaughtered?". It's like...she didn't care at all, but it wasn't his room to judge, he was simply there to maintain the peace, not be some sort of Bald therapist with a mustache running a day time show about helping other people. (Baha) Jan's word made him wince somewhat, the word "Emergency" and "Council" never really worked well when put together.

Dre gave a light little nod towards Caly as he heard her voice, making his way towards Jan, raising his arms outwards slightly and tilting his head towards the side, more or less to ask "What happened?" in a silent way, though she'd probably get the message. "A problem with your blushing bridge to be?" he said this only close enough so that Jan would hear it, fuck it would problem of gotten him gutted for trying to be a smart-ass right now...but maybe it would cause her to smile and not be so mad. There was always some sort of method to his madness, and for now he was less worried about the whole political B.S and the royalty, but more so Jan and her mindset.
You got it all wrong, holy man. I absolutely believe in God...and I absolutely hate the Fucker.

Staria

She made no motion as Dre made his sign. She simply waited as the council put down their drinks and walked towards the table. The servants and guests would leave quickly so the only non council member left would be Dre.  She said nothing for a moment even as he spoke to her, simply keeping her eyes on them as her lips curled into a deeper frown.

For a moment she glanced at him and a slight irritation flashed across her face but she did nothing to him. She simply sighed, managing a strained smile. He was probably the one persons he could trust on her side. Then again that was often the case. By the soldiers she was respected, even liked. By the council she was hated, they resented her. She had reformed the government, made them stop their selfish destructive choices and back stabbing, made them follow the law.  She made it so no one was above any law when before they'd been able to use their influence to avoid it during a time when the king and queen were too vulnerable to enforce the law. There were those who would make her pay for it now she knew...

"It appears that the rumors of the errant prince-ling were not false as we thought. He is real... and now I get to clean up his mess. He and the princess ... had words... but if he dies her parents will make us pay for it if she does not...Dre... protect Calypso, Willow, and my neice if I can't..." She said it all firmly, sarcastically, except the last. The last was in a soft tone, almost worried as Dre was the only one she'd trust with any of them. Her conflict with the council was well known, as was the fact that she would have to get their cooperation for him to be protected. She knew Dre likely sensed it was dangerous but the rules for the council and royalty were even more brutal then a soldier, she had made sure of it to keep them inline.

She walked forward to the head of the table then without another word, sitting slowly and putting her hands in her lap. She had made this situation what it was, never had she expected to be in a situation where she would have to pay for it. Normally she could manipulate it from the shadows so she was covered but the brother and his wild actions so far had proved she didn't have time now.

"There is a vagabond who desires to attend the wedding. A childhood friend of the princess. I demand he be given the same terms as the clan."
She said simply, her gaze impenetrable as she turned it's darkness on the council. At first the council instinctually recoiled in their chairs but it was only for a second as they realized it. This was a personal demand of the princess, or rather a personal petition and for once they were not on lesser ground.. They actually had an advantage. There were many prices they could demand, some light, some just short of her life.

A grin formed on one of the members faces as he stood, his gaze falling on Jan's. Ever since she had defeated and killed his son who had challenged her he had waited. He had bid his time, and now nearly licked his lips in pleasure. He didn't even look at the other council members who were debating inwardly, trying to balance their desire to revenge upon the princess and their respect for her and the law. He respected neither.

"I take his daring to approach this castle and make such demands as a personal insult, a crime against myself and this illustrious council. I will allow him amnesty and protection ... but I demand you serve his penance. I demand you serve the blood penalty." He called, demanding the right with a grin. The rest of the council looked at him, some with curiosity, some with respect, but most with revulsion. The Blood Penalty was for a very specific purpose, to use it in this way even against her was despicable. It was only to stop any council member from miss using their ability to provide  amnesty to their human servants and familiar. It had only been used when a human servant or familiar had done a death sentence level crime or a treasonous act, and only because the familiar or human servant could be made to feel the pain. Still, to provide amnesty to a non vampire meant he could legally call it.

"I accept...." She responded without apparent fear, even though she knew he would use it as far as he could and he laughed with glee. For ten minutes he and the other council members would be able to harm her in any way not involving fire or death, and would be able to collect blood for each to drink. It would give them a temporary boost in power, but still many of the council looked positively green at the idea. He would not likely keep his council seat long, no matter how much they hated her. This weakness, this personal manipulation of the council and its laws would not stand. They would have to give him his blood right, but he would likely be voted off within days.

"Dre... would you come and hold my weapons?" She said quietly as she stood, glancing to him. She would trust no one else to hold her sword, and the sword would not trust anyone she did not.  She was already removing her weapon filled coat and gloves. Beneath would be a simple black tank over her pants. She showed no sign of fear or her inner worries, and for a moment even the council members who hated her were beginning to look at her with a moment of respect.

Onnen

Dre gave a little grumble under his breathe, though he'd adjust his sleeves a bit more, folding them up so more of the ink that was previously hidden was now in view, didn't he just stand out in this crowd of official looking people? He never really did like the council in general, then again some of them probably hated him as well seeing as how he was there with Jan in general, and to that Dre couldn't really care of anything that they thought of him....his views were sickening of them seeing as how they were probably comfortable in the nest, drinking, eating and enjoying their un-death.

He on the other hand, was sacrificing his body along with many other warriors whom sacrificed themselves for the greater good of their kin, and had seen many things he wished he hadn't. They were there all warm and cozy while he trudged through hell and back just so they could have the ability to do so, he kept his mouth shut as he crossed arms over his chest and listening to the words of Jan, though the last sentence she spoke about protecting made him uncomfortable to say the least. More so as soon as he saw one of them stand after her demands.

It made him sick actually, and so his cold silvery gaze would turn to him. Half expecting Jan to put up a fight to his arrogance...however upon hearing her saying that she would accept that's when he snapped, Immediately he looked towards the king and queen, he could see the distaste in their face...and their powerlessness to really do anything to stop it, though after a few moments of thinking he'd simply put a sly little smirk on his face as he made his way towards Jan, giving a polite little nod to her ""Of course" however as soon as he took hold of them he'd break the whole "Official Feeling" of the situation as he simply laid them on the table and leaned slightly on it.

"Before we go any further with this whole little deal....I've decided I want a council seat" He could see the look of confusion on the face of the council members, as well as the one that had mentioned the blood penalty. "Afterall with the war now over....I'm in need of a new job, don't you agree?" looking towards the King and Queen, and by the smile that had appeared on their face, they knew exactly what was coming next. "Of course....With the seats all full however, which seat would you like?" with that those silver devil eyes of his looked directly towards the male who decided to be an prick. "His seat looks pretty comfortable to me..." The look on the males face in all told him all he really needed to know, after all who would expect a soldier of all people to challenge him for the seat....and for the king and queen to allow it.

"Very Well", the king and queens words were like heaven to his ears. He'd turn towards Jan a bit, giving her a little "Heads up" nod as he picked up the items given to him for safe keeping, and held them back out towards her. He held a mutual respect for her, and he probably always would until someone either killed him or her. He'd already seen enough useless and brutal violence, and he'd be damned if he was going to see more of it, especially to someone who didn't deserve it.

(x3 was nice to talk about this little turn o' events...makes it less "WTF IS HE DOING?" and more "...ooooh")
You got it all wrong, holy man. I absolutely believe in God...and I absolutely hate the Fucker.

Staria

((Yup, he asked permission to confirm :P))

Jan nodded, starting to say something as he went to put them down. A deadly look flashed across her face, the sign of disrespect was not what she needed right now. Before she could make some subtle remark, however, he would surprise her. Jan was not a woman use to surprise and for a moment shock showed over her face. A council seat? Long ago, when he had found her in that ice cave, he had been offered anything he desired by her grateful parents. The 'blank check' had still been open and he could have asked for a seat any time he wanted one. They would have created a special one just for him, he had to be doing this.... For her.

Shock filled her, unable to say a word for a moment. She knew that he respected her and that he was the closest thing to a friend she had other then Caly who owed her a life so didn't count and her neice who was well... her neice. Still she never thought he'd do something like this, the only way to take a seat was by challenge. He was risking his life!

"Dre... this.... This is unnecessary.  We both know I have endured more then he could have the imagination to cause" She whispered to him as she leaned to take her weapons and her coat and put them back on. She was frowning at him a little, seeming to worry. For a moment a bit of concern showed in her face. Even though her hardened heart did not believe anymore he could care for her as she cared and valued him, he was her friend. Her loyalty was eternal and she hated this idea.

"What is it Janan, are you afraid your little lap dog will get hurt?" Sorian sneered as he walked forward, glowing with contentment.  He would get to kill her one friend and get to torment her afterwards. This day was getting better and better. He grinned to himself, stalking forward as he looked at Jan with pure challenge in his eyes. He could not believe a common soldier would be able to rival him.

Onnen

Dre couldn't really help but love the look on the faces of the rest of the Council members faces, at least this was going down while the eyes of the lycans weren't watching, with that simply removing the tuxedo jacket he wore so he was left in a simple white shirt, pulling up the sleeves a bit more just so they stopped right above the elbow, both heavily tattoo'd arms telling the story of battles passed and a history of sacrifice and price. At this point his eyes never left the Council member in question, he didn't know his name and he didn't need to know, for he'd take his name and his face before the night was over.

"Just because you've endured worse doesn't mean you should have to endure more" he understood Jan's concern, but he wasn't worried, after what was nearly an entire life time of battling and fighting it wasn't like getting hurt or being on the verge of death was a new feeling to him. As soon as the council member spoke, a wide, almost sick smile appeared on his face, pearly white sharp fangs in full view, before he could continue walking forward he'd step in front of him, he was full of defiance and pride, which would either be his greatest weapon or his greatest weakness.

"What are you waiting for then, pretty boy?" he watched some of the council members squirm a bit uncomfortably in their chairs, but however he payed them no mind, and in a few moments, the only person he'd be focused on was this "Sorian". Jan was his friend and he respected her in ways that words simply could not state, if there was ever only one person he'd put his neck out for it would probably be her.

Staria

"This is an illogical stupid move Dre... you shouldn't have done it... But watch him. Sorian is the kind to cheat..." She whispered, frowning as she gazed at Sorian. Internally she struggled with the temptation to not care about the rules and just kill Sorian right then and there. She had tolerated the coward for far to long, and the idea of letting him hurt Dre caused her eyes to flash a deep purple... almost the dangerous berserker red. Stills he suppressed it, causing a council member who had seen the change to release a sigh of relief. 

"I will be observer... " She said aloud, putting a hand on the hilt of her sword pointedly. She glanced at Sorian, making her thoughts deliberately clear on her face. 'just try to cheat... I'd love the excuse to kill you' her eyes broadcasted. She frowned slightly, waiting as the council began to talk among themselves and try to predict the winner. Sorian was the favorite.

"Pretty? Lets just hope YOU'RE  more then pretty."[/b] He laughed softly as he continued forward, apparently relaxed. He held out a hand as if he was going to do the traditional bow... only to launch a spray of acid from his fingers. This acidic spray was his power, but not his only skill. He was reaching into his coat for a weapon....

Onnen

Dre probably should have listened to Jan when she spoke about the male, but he didn't. Cheaters were the kind that never lasted long when it came down to it, at least not when it came to someone who actually knew what he was doing. Once he held out his hand it was in his tradition to bow forward a bit as well, and that's when he saw the acid, quickly shutting his eyes and turning his face aside and raising a hand in order to keep his eye sight from being damaged. He could care less about what happened to his body, as long as he had his vision, his legs, and at least one arm, he'd be fine.

He let out a yell of pain as he felt the acid begin to burn at his flesh, on the side of his face and on his hand and wrist, though he wouldn't allow Sorian the luxury of time from his cheap little move as he bum rushed himself forward in attempt to try and tackle down the male from the waist to the floor, enough to stop him from grabbing his weapon. Dre was rather furious that the male had tried such a dirty trick, and it showed in the force of the punches he began to aim at the mans sides and stomach. He wasn't in a rush to kill him, no, he wanted him to feel pain first in the form of a beating, which he'd go through hell and back to give him.

(Blah post is blah)

Staria

Sorian let out a roar, struggling a moment. He wriggled as dre punched him until he had one arm loose. Again there would be a large spray of acid, his eyes glowing with fury. This soldier dare touch him like this? He knew now Dre was more then he gave him credit for but he'd always been a snob. In fact he'd been born a human prince.... Still, Dre had fallen into the trap of taking it slow, and sorian would use this to his full advantage.

Jan winced at the spray of acid but did not worry to much. Caly could heal the damage with a simple kiss as long as Dre simply survived it. That was all she cared about. As Dre began to focus on inflicting pain, however, she realized that part of what sorian wanted was coming true. As she was being judge she could not directly interfere or give advice... but she knew subtle ways to communicate with Dre as they had known each other long. He would know any words from her lips were not idle chit chat even though the council would dismiss it as just that.

"This fight... such a waste of time." she muttered, as if to herself. She crossed her arms, pinning dre with a look. Hopefully he would understand, see that to waste time could be a deadly mistake. She tossed her hair, glancing towards the stars and other nooks one could hide in. The only real rule to a vampire challenge was one could not use outside help... but Sorian was not above such things if he could get away with it... Jan had no intention of letting him get away with it.

Onnen

Dre continued his flurry of punches, though this time he'd let out a louder yell of pain as he felt that other spray of acid hit his body, easily burning through his clothing and to the flesh beneath. He had dealt with the sharp claws of Lycans and burn of arrows but god damn it the acid was beginning to become one of his most hated things of existence. He wouldn't let up on his assault until he heard Jan's words.

He took one glance towards her, silver eyes giving a shine before he looked down at the male. The entire left side of his face was already bloody and mutilated "When I see you in Hell, we'll continue this..." With that he'd reach into what was left of his ruined shirt, un-sheathing a large ceremonial dagger, it's blade shining in the light before he stabbed it downwards towards the males throat with as much force as he could possibly muster, looking to sink it's blade deep into his flesh and finish the short scuffle. Though he didn't wish to end it quickly, he wanted to make him suffer...but the acid would probably kill him before he could beat him down to the point of being unable to defend himself anymore.

He'd listen to the terrified gasps of the council members, the male even giving one last final act of defiance but not only shooting more acid at dre's body and face, but spitting blood at him as well. It would be a few more silent seconds before he finally removed the dagger and collapsed slightly onto his side, grimacing in pain as he rolled onto his back a bit in order to try and make himself more comfortable. He'd had a lot worse, but other then the obvious signs of pain he wouldn't allow himself to show how much actual pain he was in, masking it somewhat. "...Pussy" was all he muttered.

Staria

((the human familiar's profile I'll do when I feel better... if she ends up a permanent character >.<))

Jan frowned as she watched, shaking her head a moment. To get caught up in the battle like he had was not a luxury she could afford anymore. She frowned in thought, remembering something. Still she said nothing until she saw a flicker of movement. A woman had appeared in one of the alcoves, focusing her own power. Jan recognized her as Sorian's familiar...

Jan instantly was across the room in a blur that shocked even the council. For a moment they were forced to remember why they feared her as she gripped the human woman by the throat and lifted her, causing the woman to break her concentration. Just then the woman cried out in pain, not because of jan but the death of her master.

maria hated Sorian but he had used his vampire power when she was but a child to force her to become his human servant. She was so connected to his mind that he could force her to do his bidding this way and harm her merely with a thought. She was stronger now but the bond was impossible to break by anything but death and the death of the master often killed the servant. Why was clear as maria began to endure the pain of death with him.

Jan raised an eyebrow as maria screamed and picked her up bridal style. She carried her to Dre, dropping the woman carelessly next to him. She was Dre's now, by vampire law and sometimes bound if it attached to him... and if maria survived. She leaned forward, ignoring maria as she'd never thought much of the woman. For most vampires it was impossible to make a human their servant unwillingly so she assumed maria had gone willingly.

"I'll get Calypso to heal you....and you can decide what to do with her" She whispered softly, shrugging slightly. maria was his to do with what he pleased now as were all Sorian's possessions... not just his council seat. She then turned, heading upstairs and once out of sight nearly running up them. She would reach Caly and speak with her quietly. With a nod the red head ran down, as Jan glanced at Willow's door with a sad and slightly guilty look. She just felt so powerless... she hated feeling powerless.

Calypso would be next to Dre in seconds, kneeling next to him. She didn't even glance at the convulsing Maria as she took Dre's chin in her hand. She ignored all the injuries to his face and leaned forward, kissing his lips with the passion of any lover. From his lips would spread her life giving energy in a soft pink tinged light. It would seep into every injury, slowly filling and healing it as the council looked on. They would have been surprised... except they knew Caly did as Jan told her to...

jinkagai

His sword bit the air as it swept out of his sheathe. The curved blade glowing silver amidst the moonlight. What irony this was, Ulric the wold practicing within the roofless ruins of a vampiric temple, the statues of their gods rotting with the walls of the ruins.

None of this mattered of course to him, when his sword was drawn. His eyes shut, his mind free, there was only the sound of the wind wailing as his perfect from danced through the darkness. The sword was the extension of himself, the manifestation of all his emotions, all his thoughts, that he would never be allowed to show anyone. His anger had no hold on him so long as he chose his blade.

He took a few large breaths and sheathed his sword. Almost immediately he found himself clenching his fists...so much hatred, would he ever be able to truly tame himself? He looked to his now companion, the tiger and offered an extremely rare half smile.

"Y'know, for what you are...at least you seem peaceful...and actually have some idea of what your doing...unlike yours truly. I know, I'm supposed to follow my heart and do whats right and all that but...what if what I know, and what I believe are two completely different things....for example you, you're a familiar of my greatest enemy...and here I am talking about things I've never said out loud, or the fact that I've said more to you than..." He paused, his nostrils flailing, another scent.

He crouched and prepared to draw his sword as he called, "Who else is there?!"

"Show yourself before you see the real me..." This was more a lament to himself, the truth that he was more afraid of what he was, then what he faced.

Staria

He looked like Auntie Jan, that single minded focus the shy woman observed absently. For a moment she tilted her head to the side, seeing a beauty in it as her leopard side always found it fascinating to watch a fighter. She leaned against the tree, glancing at the tiger who everyone just called Scar. The tiger had once told  Jan he didn't mind it, but in fact was proud of the moniker. He had killed the lycan in defense of his 'family' and the scar showed it, so he was proud of it.

Zoe shifted as he spoke to the tiger, smiling to herself. She knew how good a listener they were... jan's familiars. She had often curled up with them when she was mad as a kid, and sometimes still did. She was at home with them, Jan, and Calypso but the other vampires of the court bothered her. She just didn't trust them. They weren't warriors like jan or mothers like Caly, they were... parasites.

She didn't have time to think further on it, however, as the man spoke. Being a shy, easily frightened thing she trembled and hid even further behind the tree. She was too scared to come out, and her ears and tail shifted to appear out of fright. She could not control her transformations as easily when she was afraid and he had her scared. If Jan had chosen Scar to be with him he had to be powerful or have powerful enemies or both and his statement made him sound even scarier.

((I'm assuming you want me to play the tiger too XD correct me if I'mw rong))

The tiger listened quietly, understanding some but not all. Though hyper intelligent and given the understanding of basic language he was still a tiger. Know and believe? A difference? It seemed all a lot of confusion nonsense. He was a beast of instinct and loyality and did not think any further. Jan said they were to be friends with the lycans if they could now, so there was no longer the word enemy between them as far as the tiger thought so this too confused him.

Still he listened, simply gazing at the lycan with a slight pity. One thing he did understand was that the lycan was tormented and alone. At least his mistress had him, his brother, and the rest of the pride... He didn't move until the scent was caught. Slowly he stood, growling as he obediently stood next to the lycan until he recognized the scent.

-The girl- he growled, though only those with a gift to understand tigers would understand it. He then stood between the two and shook his head at Ulric, a gesture Jan had taught him meant no. He growled again, trying to protect the child. He did glance towards Zoe, letting out a soothing growl and making a waving type motion with his paw which caused Zoe to peek out her head but just her head  as if ready to dart behind and away at any time.

jinkagai

Ulric did not need to speak the tiger's language to understand what the beast was trying to say. All he had to do was note all the subtle changes in the sounds of the growls to the ripples of his muscles, which was an easy task having grown up with beasts and as a beast his whole life. He relaxed his guard quite a bit, even taking his hand away from his blade and stood almost straight up.

"Easy boy..." Ulric found himself whispering, he took a few steps forward his hand out, cautioning the tiger, and asking it to trust in him. Then he saw her. A small little head poking out momentarily then it darted away. He couldn't help but look back at the tiger, a look on his face that seemed to say, "are you serious?" To which the tiger just seemed to shrug in reply.

Ulrich looked back to what he assumed to be a child, and he of course didn't think of her  as a child by age, it was more in terms of how she felt. Curious, perhaps a little excited...scared. He could clearly sense that emotion as he reflexively gave a small sniff.

"I will not ask again, show yourself." He said in his typical, stern voice. He was staring at the hiding spot, but he did move his eyes just a bit to see the tiger, a slight nod of his head stating that he had no intentions of harming the person he couldn't see, but he did have to draw her out.

"I'm going to count to five, then I'll sick my friend on you..."

"1..2..."

Staria

Zoe was mute but her half formed vocal cords could make some sounds...including a high, breathy sounding giggle. She did so as he spoke of sending Scar after her. Auntie wouldn't let that happen! Though still nervous, the fact he said something silly did make her relax somewhat. She stepped out slowly but glanced around her nervously.

She held her hands in front of her body slightly and shook her head as she pointed to the tiger. She then pointed to herself and smiled slightly. Nervously she pushed a strand of raven hair behind one ear but as usual the long bangs fell to half hide her eyes once more. She was still ready to bolt and staying near the trees but she had come out at least. She still watched Scar as the tiger relaxed, perhaps she could too? He wouldn't let anything bad happen to her... would he?

jinkagai

He couldn't help but turn his head at the odd way the girl? tried to communicate strictly wit her hands. He could tell, with the help of his many nights spent in darkness, that she wasn't really a little girl, but the look on her face, the motions of her body betrayed a hidden innocence that tore at him and vaguely brought back memories of time spent with his sister.

He looked to the tiger, then back to the childish one, noting their relaxed tones, he held out his arm too, a piece of dried meat in his grasp.

"Do you speak? Are you hungry? As long as you don't cause any trouble for me or my friend here, you're welcome to come out from the brush, someone or something might mistake you for prey y'know. You'll be safer in here"

He didn't know why he was being so 'nice' maybe he just wanted to actually feel like a person versus an animal like he'd always been trying to cage with no successes. 

Staria

Between Jan and Calypso, ironically, the lycanthrope had been sheltered and so was rather naïve. As he spoke so kindly she began to relax again, deciding his rough around the edges first .... 'Greeting' to her was just filibuster like some other people she knew.  She smiled at the thought, but bit her lip as he invited her close. She made a face at him that seemed   to say 'you're silly' . No one here would 'mistake' her for prey... they were far to afraid of her aunt.

She hesitated, being fearful as she was, but she decided to give him a chance. She was a naturally loving soul and always gave people a chance. She walked slowly outward, looking at the food and shaking her head. She had snacks in her pack as always, not liking going back to the castle until Caly was back in her room. Caly would put a light at her window when she was if she was alone, knowing the child preferred not to be inside otherwise.

She made a quick sign in sign language that meant mute before reaching into her clothing. She soon pulled out a pen and paper. She found few people who used sign so expected he would need her to write. She had perfect penmanship so it would not be hard to read. She soon was scribbling on the pad, writing out what she wished to say to him. She then held the notebook so he could see.

I can't speak but I'm no trouble. Scar's my friend <3, I like him. My name's Zoe. What is your name?

((yes including the heart >.>))