News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

A Marriage To End It All

Started by Staria, July 28, 2011, 02:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staria

The War(plot)

The War Torn(profiles)

The Meeting Of Bride and...Bride?(start post)

Jan had suggested the marriage in desperation, tired of a needless war that no one could remember the reason for. It was a fact, though not one that any living thing would believe. She was "The Living Sword." The vampire with the highest kill count in the war and who had always demanded to go into missions alone when she could. She had wounded an officer who tried to go with her once, despite the fact that he simply was following her 'parents' orders. They could not bare children, being the undead, but they could love and they loved her as their own.

Still, now that it was time she did not seem particularly interested in meeting her bride to be. The lycan princess was to be dropped off to live with the vampires half an hour ago, and Jan was STILL no where to be seen. Her parents, her servants, even her animals to call were all spread out in the beautiful dinning hall. It had been carefully decorated and prepared for the Princess and any human or theranthrope attendants she might bring. Foods of every kind were spread out onto the table, candles casting light from multiple crystal chandeliers. It appeared the vampires were doing their best...

The king and queen sitting in thrones at the end of the dinning hall preparing to greet their guests.  Leopards, tigers, lions, all sorts of big cats were lounging around, gazing at any of the lycans who entered with a lazy yet slightly confused expression. Once the Princess and her group entered the king and queen would step forward, bowing in greeting nervously. The queen would remark on the Princess's beauty, saying her Jan was lucky whether the queen actually thought so or not. The royal couple would then ask the lycans to eat and offer to put any bags brought into rooms, trying to stall even as minutes ticked on and Jan did not arrive.

Finally, however, Jan would arrive with her pale skin as peach as it got which showed she'd eaten. She had her sword, named the Dragon Wing, over her shoulder in a lazy sort of way. It was rude, if not all out threatening, considering it was well known to the lycans as a blade that had taken many of their own. Yet Jan did not seem to care, she simply strolled in with a drawled sorry that earned her a scowl from both her parents at once. She smirked faintly but slowly sheathed the sword, gazing over anyone who had arrived with a distant, icy expression that was difficult to read.

Uriel Seraphim

Willow shook with fear as the four Lycans headed towards the Vampires nest on horseback. Her parents and Dalton (the man everyone had assumed would eventually be her husband but was now merely her personal guard) had accompanied her on this trip.

"Remember to stay silent unless you have been asked a question or must utter a word of praise." Her mother said in that warm yet dominant tone. "The Vampires are not as we are my daughter. They have rules you will not understand. "

"I... I know mother." Willow muttered in her shy, softhearted tone of voice. "But I don't understand why I am marrying a woman, and a vampire at that." she glanced at Dalton and noted his unreadable expression. "We cannot bear children together Lupa and I won't live forever... it just doesn't make sense..."

Her mother reached towards the child and held her hand. "You will understand it one day. Just remember that these creatures will fear you and only you, my child. If they threaten you, do not hesitate to defend yourself." Willow squeezed her mother's hand and took in a deep shuddering breath as they dismounted the horses and entered what was surely to be the last place she would glimpse before her death.

Dalton had spoken to Willow of her future wife. She was evil in the eyes of the Clans, guilty of atrocities even he could not imagine. It was a frightening thought to know she would soon belong to something so foul. Yet Willow has always been a firm believer in never judging someone before she had a chance to understand their side of the story, her future wife would receive no scrutiny from Willow until she was told the truth of what had happened.

She tried not to let the beauty of the Vampires nest impress her, but as she stared at the rooms she could only think 'this will be my home... my home'. The king and queen were sitting in thrones at the end of the dining hall. It was a warm welcome, but one that had been made by nervous vampires eager to impress. Her father's kind was of no such mindset. She had muttered her thanks behind a blush as they complimented her appearance. Of course, Willow would never believe such things, but it was nice to hear all the same.

It was not until her future wife appeared however, that things became... interesting. 

Staria

She took in all of them, her gaze lingering first on Dalton. She seemed to recognize the hint of a rival in his eyes and a soft chuckle of amusement touched her gaze if only for an instant. Her pretty but cat like blue eyes quickly returned to that same icy, blank stare even before the sound of the chuckle finished bouncing off the hallow walls of the entry. Why she would agree to be the instrument of peace was unclear but why Willows kind would want her to love therans and think of them as kin was clear in that look. It was the same look a snake would give a mouse when it was only a little hungry but not quite hungry enough to be sure it was worth the effort to strike.

She slinked forward, her motions much like her familiars so that her motions seemed out of place for a vampire. She wouldn't pause until within arms length of Willow, her eyes raising to the brunnete's own gaze. Her hand would also raise, her cold fingertips touching feather light against Willows cheek even as part of her seemed ready to jump back defensively should Dalton or another strike at her. Her fingers were cold, even colder then most vampires were. Still, Willow and she would both feel it a moment... something in Jan calling to the Wereleopard in Willow as it would any cat.

"Such a cute little thing....." She murmured softly, the edges of her lip briefly twitching to form a particularly wicked smile. Her voice was teasing, seductive, the kind of voice that had lured many into a not so warm bed but it still held that calculating, aloof chill. Few had ever heard her when she wasn't in control of herself, so few had heard it without that chill. She seemed to be debating something, and even the vampires on her side grew tense as clearly they didn't know what it was either.

"My Princess.....you have shammed us by not greeting our guests. You must apologize...earnestly." Demanded the king in a firm voice as he glared at his daughter. There seemed little conviction in it, however, and it was clear who was really in control. Jan had not attended a single treaty meeting or been visibly doing anything with the government but from the shadows she controlled just about everything. The king merely hoped by interrupting he could keep his beloved, but always alien seeming daughter from doing anything she shouldn't.

Slowly she tilted her head to gaze at the king, giving him that same almost reptilian look as she'd given Willow moments earlier. Slowly she lifted her deceptively delicate shoulders in a shrug, that amused smile falling onto her black lips. She stepped back, standing out among the other vampires who were dressed in formal gowns in her usual dark leathers and pants.

"I apologize my ...new friends and lovely bride. I should not have allowed myself to be detained so..." She said quietly, her voice holding that same seductive air that made one simultaneously want to believe and yet instinctively know not to trust. Her eyes were on Willows again, as if she was trying to pull out every answer to Willows soul out in a glance. She followed the words with a flourishing bow, elegant and perfect... yet it seemed more a movement of practiced ease then sincerity.

Uriel Seraphim

Willow had turned to watch the tall woman enter the room. She was beautiful, but in the same way her mother had been beautiful as she hunted for the dens feast. It was the danger in the creature's eyes that made Willow catch her breath. She was sure if she did not take her mother's advice Willow would be the woman's next feast... 

Dalton took her hand in his and held it tightly as the creature came within a lengths distance of Willow. When those ice cold fingers touched her cheek, she shivered. Not from the cold, or the fear, but something that came from much deeper within. It was Dalton's hand squeezing hers that kept her from being lost in the woman's cat like eyes. But those short whispered words brought her back again...

Her eyes shifted when the Kings voice reached her ears, but turned to her future wife. Now was not a time to be distracted, now was a time to be smart and watch for Jan's mannerisms. A cool aloof personality was not something she was unfamiliar with; Dalton had taught her much about them. But watching her intended as she apologized and bowed... Willow was lost again.

She stood then, allowing Dalton's protective hand to fall away from her as she took a cautious step towards her supposed love.

"You have not kept us long Jan," Willow said with a bright accepting smile, "We are merely happy that you have arrived." The pink of her cheeks hiding the slight freckles across her nose were brought on by a mixture of embarrassment over her boldness and the fear of what the couple's elders may chose to do for her sudden outburst.

She was not used to having to keep silent, if one wished to speak within the clan's  circle, all they need do is step forth and wait for acknowledgement from her father. She did not know how it worked here, she merely hoped their punishments for such a thing were not as harsh as she had been lead to believe.

All the same, if the two were to be wed, Willow thought it best to accommodate her wife as she would have done for any husband. Something so simple as being detained was hardly something to stress over.

Staria

"So sweet..." Jan purred, smirking a moment as if amused. Still, no one seemed to resent Willow's outburst and in fact the royal vampires seemed to relax a little. It would seem Willow would naturally do what most had to learn, that accommodating Jan was so much easier then anything else. She had a habit of doing things her own way and steam rolling over anyone who tried to stop her. Outwardly she didn't even seem to care if anyone got hurt.

Gracefully she took Willows hand and then twirled her so she would literally fall into the vampiress arms. Jan lifted her slightly, her eyes flickering to Dalton and the others incase they thought to interfere. She placed her chin on Willow's slender shoulder, tilting her head so her cheek soon lay against it as well. Mischief touched her gaze and for a moment she seemed less of a predator and more like a creepy little kid playing a prank.

"Sweeter then anything at this table I'm sure you are... but I'm sure after your journey you're hungry along with your...friends. So it is time to eat." She nearly whispered the words into the other woman's ear, her breath playing over her neck as if to tease her. To a vampire there was little more intimate and the looks of shock over every vampire in the room's face made it clear. With that she laughed and picked up the other girl bridal style and carried her to a chair.

Once she'd sat Willow in the plushy chair she would release her,  still grinning that same mischievous little smile and eyeing Dalton and her parents. She waved towards the table, saying the invitation everyone else had been too stunned to say. Seeing Jan playful was rare.. Rare enough to be sure she was up to something.. Then again maybe she was just enjoying making willow blush and squirm.

"Please... join your Princess." She said with a flourish of her hand towards Willow's parents and Dalton. With that she chuckled, walking to the nearest support column in the dinning room and leaning against it. She put her hands in her pockets, watching them all. Her face was already back to the empty mask and soulless eyes, no expression what-so-ever touch her. When she stayed still like that she seemed more stone then anything else

Uriel Seraphim

Willow's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree as the Vampire twirled the girl into her arms. She did not fuss or pull away, merely froze within her captive's icy embrace. When their cheeks pressed against one another the young one shivered. It was a strange feeling, fire and ice, pressed against one another without resistance.   

The idea of food did not rouse her interest much. If she did not hunt it herself the idea of food was almost tasteless. It was not the thrill of the hunt, but merely the pride that she had caught something herself. Had she the choice, Willow was not sure if she would wish to be released or merely stay within this woman's grasp. When she was picked up however, the slightest yelp of protest escaped her lips as the vampire carried her to the table. Neither man nor woman had ever picked her up since she was only a whelp, and even then it had only bee her parents.

When she was placed at the table, she waited silently for the others to join her. She was not sure if she should eat, what with the vampires and their silent observation, but as she picked up an apple from the table, she glanced back to her soon to be wife.

"Should... should we not all be eating together?" Willow asked. She glanced to her parents for guidance, but found only silent curiosity. "I know you do not feed as we do, but I do not feel it polite to eat when another is abstaining." She paused for a moment as if contemplating her next move. She rolled up one of the long elegant sleeves of her baby powder blue dress. "I do not know the protocol for offering this to you..." she said as she held her wrist up for inspection, "but I do not know what else would be acceptable."

Staria

Jan did not speak at first, feeling the others stir. Even for the old, the power of blood was a powerful call. Offered willingly from a being of power it could even be a lure, one that was often used against younger vampires in the war. They simply could not help themselves... then again during the war many therans and lycans were used as blood slaves due to their fast healing abilities so it cut both ways.

One of the servants whose job was simply to wait on the lycans licked his lips, his eyes turning red as the beast within him peaked out and he took a step forward. Instantly Jan's eyes fixed on his and every one of her palace cats let out a soft warning growl. One of the panthers stood up from it's laying position, ready to tackle the servant.

"Would you commit the crime of taking from MY mate without my permission so readily?" She inquired with a voice of deadly calm. Before her voice had held charm and warmth, but the seductive note was gone. Now it was more like being dunked unexpectedly in ice from head to toe. The servant had growled back at the panther and seemed almost prepared to fight it, but he froze at the sound of Jan's voice. It was rare for any but a lycan in the war or someone she was fighting to hear that voice, to see everything wiped away. He coward, stammering something about 'No my lady' and ran from the room.

"That offer is the greatest and most chariest gift for my kind so is always acceptable... but not always wise. I would not trust everyone with you...There are those who lack control and would drain you dry or die themselves before they stop. Part of us always hungers for that last drop..." She explained now, her voice once again the same seductive chill of before. She then looked to Willow, watching her a moment before nodding to the other vampires. Slowly bottles of blood substitute was brought and the vampires joined their guests.

For a moment Jan hesitated, as if thinking about something. Still she stepped forward and slowly walked to sit besides Willow. She wrapped her fingers in willows, lowering her head with her eyes pinned to Willows. She lowered at an agonizing, taunting speed, only to kiss the lycan hybrid's wrist without piercing it. She chuckled and poured herself a glass of the blood that looked like some kind of thick wine with her free hand as she released willows wrist.

Uriel Seraphim

The slightest crease appeared between Willows eye brows as she took back her wrist. "I did not realize..." she almost whispered, "I apologize for my brash behavior." As the servants began to bring out bottles of what at first she had assumed was wine, but later realized was harvested blood, the crease disappeared. At least her future wife was to dine with her. For some reason, it made Willow feel as if they were equals. She did not like to be watched so intently, it was not something she had become used to. The Lycanthropes were independent creatures that could still value family without need the constant reassurance of their presence.

She noted her parents as they had one of their famous silent conversations. Dalton talked of it at times; the way two souls could know one another so well that they no longer needed words to communicate. She let out a silent gasp when her future wife kissed her wrist and came to sit by her side, subsequently blocking Dalton's full view.

She cleared her throat as the Vampire busied herself with her blood. "Should we speak of the wedding Jan?" Willow asked, "I believe there are likely specifics that need to be agreed upon before we bind our lives together."

Staria

Jan slowly sat down her glass, curling her own fingers together and setting her chin on her hands. It was a motion that the vampires in the room knew well. It meant she was thinking over something seriously and was looking at all the options in her head. Her gaze was closed as always and she gazed into the depths of her glass as if she saw something important there.

"The treaty details and what it means for our pack have already been settled...We prove the test four peace and no fighting is allowed as long as there is peace between us and we both live as I understand it.  Or do you mean the wedding and marriage itself, perhaps?" She asked in a simple, quiet, thoughtful tone. She was no longer the prankster or the warrior, she was the Politian who had done much more for her country then any but her parents and a couple of others knew.

Slowly she let her gaze slide to Willow's, locking on them. She said nothing more, cautious and observing. It was not in her nature to trust and this situation depended on it. The vampire would have to step carefully, this was for her people... This was to end the war.

Uriel Seraphim

"Well yes, I understand that. But I believe—" it was Dalton who spoke then, willing to say what his charge could not.

"We are not willing to leave the Princess within your castle without any form of protection should she need it. Also, this shall allow us to make sure the treaty is being carried out evenly, so that neither kind is being taken advantage of."

Willow looked at her future wife then. "Yes. I believe Dalton and two of my mother's clan would like lodgings within your home. I do not believe you will mistreat me of course; it is merely for political purposes." She smiled sweetly at her wife then and lay her hand carefully over the one not currently in use by her cold companion. "I would also like to ask when our wedding shall take place. Our customs are much different to yours I believe but because of certain..." she was not quite sure how to explain that a woman could not claim another woman within their culture, as they were missing the necessary equipment, "complications. As long as the ceremony is observed we will agree to any form of binding you chose." She paused for a moment and shyly threaded their fingers together. "I believe I have other questions to ask, though I think they would best be spoken of between the two of us rather than with the observation of our families."

Staria

Several of the vampires turned in unison, a few clearly irritated with the idea. So many therans within their walls, so close to their royal family? To have one in this sacred castle was enough, to have more seemed to anger a few of them. It was blasphemy to have those 'tainted' creatures in this ancient, holy castle since ancient times. One of the council members glared at them, starting to speak. He started to growl something but instantly Jan pierced him with a look.

"To even talk to my future queen in such a way is to slight me the same way....you know I do not suffer insults lightly, Don't you remember Barsius?" She said quietly, her voice taking on a sickeningly sweet tone. She let her gaze slide to the council members arm and he gripped it as if remembering some painful event. He muttered an apology, bowing his head to hide his scowl. He had challenged Jan once... Only the interference of the king had saved him. He could still remember that half crazed look in her eye, she had wanted to kill him and was more animal then vampire in that moment.

She then turned her attention to the princes and Dalton, allowing her hand to be taken with little reaction. Her face retained that soft, thoughtful look as she gazed at the drink. She had expected this, though even her parents had never thought about it to hard. It seemed she was the only one in the room it did not surprise. The out casts, the vampires who ignored the council and the rulers leadership when it suited them, were already restless. This would stir them up... but Jan would deal with them. The needs of the many and all...

"It shall be allowed, they are welcome here... and will be treated as such or I will deal with the trouble makers who bother them personally. As to the ceremony it can be in the time, place, and way of your choosing as long as the time is within the next couple of months. I have no personal preference....If you have any other questions, perhaps... my mother's garden would suit your needs best?" She spoke evenly, her gaze still distant even as the other vampires looked at her in shock. None dared to contradict her, however, as she tended to b e to unpredictable. It did not help that her mother's enchanted gardens were considered precious either.

Slowly the woman stood from her chair, her face empty of expression even now. She tugged her hand free, crossing both her arms behind her back as she leveled her gaze on Willow's Parents and Dalton. She watched them a moment, finally speaking as she observed any reaction. She didn't even look at the other vampires, some of which were trying to hide resentment still.

"Is there any other questions before I take her to the gardens?"

Uriel Seraphim

Willow smiled when her future wife accepted the proposal. She did not feel unsafe honestly, even amongst the bickering and deviance of the Vampires surrounding her. True, she was not used to such shows of disrespect, and she could see her father grin at the superiority of their clan. Dalton's outburst however made Willow think that perhaps the two clans were not as different as the Lycanthrope Ulfric thought.

"Thank you Jan, we appreciate your understanding."

She waited after Jan stood and spoke, allowing her companions to get a word in should they need to object. Luckily, her father merely shook his head and locked eyes with his daughter. "Do not be long from this table child; we will not leave until you return."

She smiled brightly at her father, bowed her head towards him and stood. "Of course father, as you wish it." She gestured for Jan to lead the way and promptly followed not but two steps behind.

Staria

Jan said nothing at the look of superiority, but there was a slight mischief in her own smile. She seemed to find his assumed superiority amusing more then anything, though why no one could guess. The vampires seemed resentful of the Ulfric's look but Jan was amused... It was a strange contradiction but those who knew Jan knew well that there was reason but none of them could fathom it.

She stayed silent even as the Ulfric spoke and simply gave a bow of her head. It would have been a sign of respect but she was herself so there was something almost.... Taunting in it. She chuckled softly, muttering softly how Willow was 'so obedient' in a teasing tone. Her voice sounded slightly hushed, slightly warm, intimate like a lover.. Probably deliberately to make Willow blush.

She then turned and took Willow's hand gently in hers own. She then would head for the garden, her head down slightly in thought. She wouldn't say a word until they reached the garden,  having a feeling she already knew the question. She seemed to naïve to even know sex between women was possible... she'd already made a decision about that accordingly.

Once they stepped outside they would see her mother's beautifully maintained gardens, glowing gold butterflies flying from flower to flower. The butterflies were from her mothers spells, and many of the flowers were creations of her mothers as well. They were unique, and beautiful. Roses were the only traditional plant but all were just as beautiful as the rose, if not as famous. The grass beneath their feet was soft as silk and the air smelled soothing and faintly of perfume.

"Your questions, m'lady" Jan teased gently, releasing the other womans hand. She leaned against one of the few treas in the garden, it's branches laden with a pale pink flower and vines that looked like strings of pearls. The pearls seemed to glow softly but then again many of the flowers did. She watched the other woman intensely, thinking.

Calypso entered the room slowly, her legs clearly visible under her semi transparent white dress. Strings of golden beads were wrapped over the dress, the only thing that kept her more private parts from being able to be seen. Her blood red hair fell around her in soft curls, falling around her features and almost caressing them.  Her lips were just as red and her vivid eyes fell over the new people almost suggestively, everything about her saying pure sex.

She gave a soft smile to the room, tilting her head to the side. Many of the vampires gaze's fell to her, flowing over her form with the hungry eyes of one who knew heaven and were then denied it. As her 'sister' Jan knew war she knew sex, and her appetite was insatiable... but also fickle. Once a man, or a woman, could no longer keep up with her she would grow bored and walk away.  She did not discriminate, she'd even have a handful of lycan lovers.

"My.... How could my sister leave such lovely guests? My name is Calypso and I greet you warmly" She said in her warm tones which still held a soft French accent of her former home... She could remove the accent when she wanted but she loved her voice. Then again... there were few who didn't. As she spoke every one in the room would feel as if they were being caressed over their cheek by a familiar lover, one of her many sexually related powers. 

As she finished speaking she gave an elegant curtsy, her slender form bending easily.  She kept her gaze licking over the various new comers curiously. She had not expected such a small entourage for the girl. Perhaps her sister was no longer as feared as before... how boring. She walked forward, beginning to pour herself a glass of the 'blood wine'.

Uriel Seraphim

"It is not obedience, it is respect. I would have assumed a Vampire Princess to know the difference." She had muttered under her breath as Jan led her out into the garden. Her father was not merely a man, he was Ulfric; his words was law for all under his Clan. The compulsion to obey a Ulfric was not negotiable, it was written in the blood.

The garden was beautiful of course, but she did not allow it to distract her. There were things that were needed to be attended to, her duties as a wife had to be defined. "It is not common for women to mate within our clan; most of such persuasions are exiled for they cannot bare younglings to further our lot." Willow explained. "So I believe it is best that we define our marriage before we can agree to the arrangement."

Her tone turned firm compared to her normally sweet melodic voice, "I would like to know what you expect of me as a wife. My duties to any husband are obvious, I am to honor him, bare his children and raise them in our ways. But I do not understand what a woman is to want from me. I cannot bare you children if we are wed, and I cannot teach anyone of your ways when I am ignorant of them myself." She looked to Jan then, "I suppose what I am asking is if this shall be a political contract through which we merely affirm an alliance, or if you expect something more of me." Her piece said, she took a step away from her wife to lean against a small tree and wait for Jan's reply.

She was not sure if she could agree to more than a political contract between the two as lesbian relationships were frowned upon by their lot. She was not quite ready to give up her Dalton yet either, not when her clan was in need of a strong Ulfric and Lupa pair to lead them into safety. Dalton had stated before they came that he could not understand why they merely didn't use Willows power to obliterate the creatures once and for all. The fact she could not mate with another and pass on her power was even more worrying. For what was to happen when she was dead, the marriage was void and her people were left vulnerable once again?

No, her people needed a child of lineage. Her father would likely agree. But for now, she needed things settled with her Vampire wife before she laid out any more of a plan than the one that was already forming within her mind.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*

Dalton struggled to keep the sneer from his face as yet another blood sucking bitch entered the room. Nudity was a part of life for most Lycans and so it was not her attire that disgusted him, it was that sense of vanity he got from her. The way some of the other vampires leered reaffirmed his belief that she was not a creature of honor, chastity or humble traits.

Displays such as the one this creature produced was not something Dalton was awfully useful. He had turned down many a mating request in his life time and agreed too many more, so he was not ignorant of sexual advances. But it felt disturbingly unnatural for a creature of stone to attempt to exude the warmth of lust.

Her voice had the opposite desired affect he assumed, making him cringe at the thought of ice at his cheek. 'Disgusting creature' he wished to say. But of course, common courtesy kept him from such words.

He had some respect for the other woman at least; she had not tried to sleaze her way into the room like a bitch in heat, willing to spread her legs for whoever dare offer such a thing. A warrior woman he could understand, a hunter he could relate to. Not to this creature however. But then again, Dalton had to find some way to respect Jan for fear of killing the woman and stealing the bride who was rightfully his. Willow would not be happy should he do such a thing, and a war would inevitably break out, whether it was his death or hers that triggered it.

Now that Willow was to be married, and her brother had left the clan, the responsibilities of Ulfric would fall to Dalton upon their leader's death. Even if they were not wed, Willow would still default as Lupa... at least they could be connected by duty and friendship. 

Staria

Jan watched her thoughtfully, smirking as if something amused her. It was clear how different they felt. Among vampires lesbianism was not much more approved  then lycans, more legal perhaps but not more approved. This would be the first legal marriage between two women among the vampires and it was only approved because the others were to afraid of Jan to dare fight her. It was better to let her marry who she wanted and have the lycan fire wielder caught then to die for their dislike of homosexuals.

"You mean do I intend to rape you our wedding night my straight laced child?" She teased lightly, her dark lips curling into a wicked smile. For a moment she gave a once over that made it seem she really could do it. That in her mind's eye she was seeing the lycan helpless as despite her fire ability she probably could make her. Still, ultimately the vampire laughed and shook her head to gaze at the sky in thought. For just a second the mask slipped just enough for exhaustion to be seen buried in her gaze.

"No... I expect very little from you but a little ..obedience.... You simply need to stay in this castle away from both your kind... and more importantly mine. As long as you and those who stay here and do not leave without my presence that is all I require. If you do not no one will be able to stop the slaughter of the Therians in under one hundred years. It's an irony likely... they would have survived longer without your birth. " She trailed off, speaking with a knowledge that momentarily showed her age. It was the truth sadly, her people had come to treat the war as a sport. Now they'd gotten from wanting slaves and play to wanting destruction, complete eradication. Now they would sacrifice half their kind just to rid the world of Therians and for reasons of her own Jan would not allow either. She even gave the Therians far more rights then any of the other council members would, and no one understood WHY.

"You will be required to stay in my room but not in my bed and that is for your safety. I spend little time there anyway. I tend to be training or taking care of certain.... Business. You can even sleep with that man you brought with you for all I care as long as you do not bare children and are...discrete. If your disloyalty to me was to be known it could endanger us both. " She explained simply, her face once again guarded and thoughtful. All through her words she showed no emotion, no warmth. It was as if it was all some giant chess game she was trying to control and no piece meant anything to her.

Calypso was thought a little stupid by her kind, and by many others. A goddess in bed but not much use for anything else. Still, she had much keener eyes then given credit and caught the cringe. It earned him a smile with a little mischievous glint to it. She had seen that look of disgust long before she was a vampire. First she had been poor and a child of incest, then she had been sold to a harem as a mere girl of 16.  Never had she been considered something special, just something to be used.... To be thrown away. She didn't mind it... in fact overcoming that disgust and getting the disgusted at her feet was what she lived for.

((I'ma wait to do to much with her until the others get here >.>))

Onnen

Dresden wasn't much for the whole meeting in the first place, hell he hated gathering in general, all it brought for him was a lot of unwanted attention and a bunch of noise in his ear that he didn't want to hear. Maybe it was because he was older then he looked, a handsome face in the crowd of vampires and as he put it "Filthy Dogs". Though for a few at the gathering, he held a mutual respect for them not out of some bullshit wedding plan, but for the fact that he had spilled blood with them at one time or another, some times it was there own blood, and sometimes, it was his own as well....

And so that's where he stayed, hidden away from all the hustle and bustle of bodies and voices, for those who knew him, strangely dressed as he wasn't in his usual black clothing, instead wearing a nice suit with the sleeves pulled up just slightly and neatly, revealing the ink the covered both of his arms from wrist to shoulder, and facial hair neatly groomed for the occasion. It was more or less to keep from offending anyone from either side of the table, at least for now. Eyes hidden behind a pair of dark sunglasses, though if one looked closely they could see a dim shine of silver beneath them, especially as he glanced towards the two that were to be married, he had no opinion on the whole idea, in his own mind, whether the marriage succeeded or not he had seen many battles and many wars fought and believed that sooner or later blood would be shed again despite the arrangement.

Ah yes....and then there was Caly, such a lovely little woman....then again he never much cared for the females of his species, many times before they had tried to sink their claws into him and many times they were turned down, it wasn't that he hated them or anything, it was just that he had noticed how pampered and "fragile" most of them were now, and only a few knew their way around a decent blade or fire arm...not to mention his last little fling ended in some sort of blood orgy while he was away spilling blood of his own....anyways what were we speaking of again? He gave a simple little nod of acknowledgement to the girl but spoke no words, perhaps it was Paranoia that kept his eyes on his brothers and sisters as well as their "Guests" that kept him secluded for the time being.

(Blegh post but it's all my melted brain could pump out x3)
You got it all wrong, holy man. I absolutely believe in God...and I absolutely hate the Fucker.

Uriel Seraphim

Willow would have never accused the woman of something so devious. Rape was punishable by death within their culture, if something were to happen that was not to her liking, she would never keep such a thing to herself and it would certainly not go unpunished. Instead of provoking a fight that did not need to be started, she merely addressed her future wife's next proposal.

"I think I would go quite mad if you are to confine me to your room." She said in a solemn slightly frightened tone. "Dalton and I have been childhood friends for as long as I can remember. If we are not wed I would not enter into such a thing. I would be more likely to have it off with one of your guards than a man I have known and cared for throughout my life time!"

She took a moment to collect her thoughts then, unable to come up with a solution that would satisfy both parties. "Those of my kind and I who stay within this place cannot do so for long. We are creatures of nature and of habit. We hunt our own food and run as if it were as common as the breath we take. To be confined within walls..." her eyes went glassy, as if glimpsing something beyond the eyes of man, "it would surely lead to death."

She glanced up at the woman's harsh words then, "If it were to secure my clans life I would end my own now. But we both know that is not the case. If it is your will to try and keep me from my people be assured that it will not work. I will burn my way through whatever guard you station to keep me from them. They will not be sentenced to death because of my absence. "

She allowed her hands to lay flat against the tree; ready if need be to show the courage of her conviction. Her father must have been going quite mad if he assumed keeping their best defense locked within the enemy's walls would keep them safe.

Staria

"So pure.... I doubted you would let a vampire taint you so" she remarked almost sarcastically after a moment, genuinely surprised when she spoke. So the two were close, she'd simply picked him because he was the only man other then her father Willow seemed to have brought with her. She quickly recovered and sighed as she glanced away at the sky a moment, her eyes were briefly dark with some inner thought. That purity, or rather naiveté since she did not believe in purity,  would not last long... she would be lonely and go to the arm of some man with Jan being her only legal out lit for love. The vampire's heart had long hardened to believing any other possibility. No, her 'wife' would not be chaste or ever care for her. This was not some fairy tale.

"You will not be confined to my room, just the castle and my lands .... Unless you take me with you, or one of my familiars as they can share my power and my heart. You are correct though...your death at this sensitive junction will sentence your people to death as much as you burning one of my guards would. Your birth can not be undone, they know it is possible now.  I can protect your kind even after your death but only if you obey me . If the other vampires do not believe I can control you the war will go on and you will have sentenced your people to death with your own hands." The vampire said harshly, her tone still unfeeling as it stayed upon the sky. Briefly that weariness appeared again, that sheer tiredness. This was complicated enough without the help of the girl's desire...She shook her head, glancing at the girl for the first time now.

Do not harm the tree child, my mother works hard on those..." She added passively, trying to calm herself. She was frowning now, her cold eyes looking more tired then angry. She seemed more like a parent scolding a child then a scorned lover. She had never hoped that the lycan would be anything but straight, let alone care for her. No one cared for her, it was just... easier that way. That was the way she liked it, or so she told herself.

"I will allow you this if you agree to obey me in all other things. You may hunt and explore... as far as the forest that surrounds us. However, Only if you do so outside of the castle with a team of five of my beasts and you will choose one of the beasts to accompany you always." She finally said after a moments thought. She ran the scenarios in her head, theorizing and this was the best she could come up with. It would leave her and the princess far more vulnerable then she liked but it seemed the scared child would panic otherwise and end up using her power. If she did this she would not be able to hold the vampires back. Perhaps her desperate gamble would only buy time and ultimately fail...

Calypso returned the nod she received and added a wink lazily. She had never really tried to chase him, knowing he was one of the few men her sister thought positively of. She would not risk that on her sexual play, the loss of that. Despite her apparently callousness even she did have some rules if few... One being she would not bring harm to Jan. Jan had saved her when she was still human, bringing her to her father and giving her this life.

((its good silly <3))

Uriel Seraphim

She did not hate Vampires per say. She hated what the vampires had done to her kin. Had they known of her powers before she had grown to the age in which she could use them, Willow knew she would likely have been murdered long ago. But her kind own had committed atrocities against the Vampires as well. Neither clan was better than the other; she saw no real reason to hate any male who wished to pursue a relationship with her.

She sighed when Jan explained a little better. "Thank you Jan. I will inform you of where I shall be." She looked to the tree behind her. "I had no intention of hurting the tree," she said, "but I am not willing to be locked away where I cannot care for those I love."

She glanced up then and noted the frown clouding Jan's face. Cautiously, she moved towards the woman and reached out to cup the side of her face. "I did not come here to make you frown Jan. I am here to assure a brighter future for both us and our clans. I do not want either side to be disappointed." She smiled then and stretched up on tippy toes to kiss her future wife's forehead. "I hope we can find a way to live happily together Jan, and in time I think we will come to understand what we each want."

She took her Wife's hands then and looked up with Naïve eyes. "Shall we check on our families and make sure they are still behaving themselves?"

Staria

She was frowning a moment, her paranoia making her half expect a burning tree the second she saw such fear. Burning wood..... It still filled her ears with those screams, hers mingling with another's. The sound of cracking wood.... The werewolf who had captured when she was but a young vampire had burned it too as he tortured her. Now the sounds of his laughter mingled with the screams too when she smelled burning wood. The memories were for a moment so rich she could nearly smell it now...

No fear showed on her face, only that frown. Yet when Willow touched her she flinched slightly and for a moment the smell of her reminded of the full blooded lycan she'd been the 'pet' of once when she was under two centuries and weak. She had not expected the combination of her fears to have such power now, she thought she had control of it. She knew now she was wrong though none of it showed on her form save for the flinch of her head as she turned away slightly and increased breathing.

When she turned back she was grinning, a devious little smile on her lips. She shook her head even as she held the other womans hands. Slowly she leaned towards the other, her mask back in place as she suppressed the conflicting emotion by focusing on the naïve woman's eyes. There was no way to confuse her eyes with the executioner's or the lycan's.

"Do not tease me with your delicate touch child, my will power has it limits."
She teased, kissing the other woman's hands. She hoped with this little show she could cover up whatever the other woman could notice. She didn't trust the princess, who she believed would harden in time no matter how much the naïve woman's gaze made Jan's dead heart try to hope. If she only knew how badly she could hurt Jan without meaning to...

"Now to our families"
She said with a light laugh, releasing the other woman's hand and walking towards the castle. She outwardly was already back to her normal, cold, powerful self but inwardly she still felt it. She'd let herself slip seeing the other woman touch the tree, she'd let what she was doing in... what her new room mate could do and the smell of burning oak mixed with a mothers screams.