News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

Congregation of the Damned. (Dies's Character Thread)

Started by Dies Irae, July 12, 2011, 06:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dies Irae

Alrighty, Since i have a few story characters, I shall put them here currently only have 2 completed, Winter my 3rd has yet to recieve a backstory. She's busy running from zombies to tell me >.<

Amaya Shibuki.
This is my most developed character, Quite developed world and plot line behind her story. Haven't started it yet but I have the ideas written down somewhere. Pictures to come soon.

Name:
Amaya Shibuki

Nickname/Title:
The Embodiment of the Reaper

Race:
Human

Personality:
Insane, pure insanity wrapped up in a human shaped package, Amaya won't stop and talk unless she's telling you about what she'll rip off first. The most contact she has with someone and her favorite type is the connection made when two pieces of steel clash, those are real sparks for her, the eye contact, that feeling of death looming around the two before the fight goes on. NO she doesn't have a soft side and if she did she'd probably kick its ass and leave it to bleed to death. She may rape some victims before she kills them, if she feels she needs it, her needs even outweigh her urge to kill but she will snap out of after she's finished and dismember the person for touching her.

Biography:
Small town, brought up by a average family, lived the life of a school girl until some tragic accident tore everything away. Not a chance in hell. Amaya wasn't brought up by anyone, neither did she live with riches, nor did she live with nothing. She was born without a natural mother, her being made in one of those small test tubes. Then planted inside some useless whore until she popped out. Though she never knew her mother, never really knew her father either. Moved around a lot until she was 4, able to speak and communicate well, able to hold things, able to walk. Her father dumped her in a forest a long way from any human civilization. All she had was clothes and a large Scythe, The black handle with that demonic blackened steel. Any magic user would've seen the dark aura coming from it, a cursed weapon, no adult would hold one willingly. But she being a little girl grabbed the handle quickly, the contract made between her and her weapon, in exchange for wielding it she was given a curse, anything and everything she slayed would haunt her for eternity, immediately at the time of her death she would be cast to the deepest layer of hell.

A little girl didn't know that, in the forest she dragged that scythe behind her, for almost 4 days she had only drunk from the flowing river, she wasn't able to catch, kill or cook anything to sustain her needs. But eventually on the 5th day she trapped her first animal, a deer, her trap was simple, find their grazing area, hide in a tree silent, then as they grazed wait for the opportunity. When it came she slid the sharp scythe down falling silently until its steel met flesh and the loud thump of the deers decapitated carcass laid dead. This was her first kill and that deer follows behind her to this day. She had no knowledge of cooking or how to make a fire, digging her hands into the bleeding flesh she pulled, any meat she could find, biting into it hungry for a meal. She ate that deer raw, like an animal and over time that's what she became.

6 years had passed since Amaya had killed that deer, she was older now, able to hold that scythe more easily but still she was clumsy, she was better at catching prey but something was happening to her, she was seeing things, ghostly white images in her head she thought, behind trees, reflecting behind her in the water, various animals, several deers and a feral cat for now, but she had seen them hadn't she?, but every time she had to make the conclusion it was just her head. Just the sun making her hallucinate, but the more she kept herself alive using that cursed scythe the more she saw, every day, every night in her dreams she saw them, waking up in cold sweats to find nothing but stars and dark trees around her. The scythes curse had taken effect the moment her mind had reached an age of comprehension. She spent her life in that forest for many years, pieces of her mind scattered around like bread crumbs. That forest was becoming cursed as well, her presence for so long left her cursed mind in those caves, the hideaways. It would bring a telepathic person to their knees, the cursed minds projecting itself to instances were she had outbursts of insanity, yelling at things that weren't there, trying to kill the ghosts of her past with that scythe. By the end of her time their she would have left everything behind.

That was the time when her biggest kill happened, at her age of 10, ... went up against a brown bear, she was trying to find fish she intruded on its territory, the scythe was clumsy in her hands, she barely managed get away with 3 claw marks across her stomach. Deep wounds that took a long time to heal, she got much skinner during that time everything she did made her fall to the ground in pain. Her first battle wound almost killed her, but she survived. After that moment she vowed to become a better hunter and spent her last years in that forest honing her skills with the large weapon, each night she would wake to a sweat her visions becoming incredibly worse, her state of mind driven into disrepair as she relived the moment the bear almost killed her.

Amaya was out of the forest, though she had no idea where she was or where she was going. 12 years went by in the maze of those trees, At that time she had learned to control the scythe, her moves unorthodox but effective, she had become faster and more agile chasing deer down now instead of hunting them like a coward. Her ghostly past trailed behind her as always, deer, bears even feral cats and dogs followed her, blood stained from head to toe, her last bath was almost 5 months ago, that was the time when the last piece of her mind was left inside that forest, a scene that would play out forever to anyone who was able to see it. Herself kneeling at the edge of the river, crying and holding the blade of that scythe in the air. She was losing her already unstable mind, looking down seeing every animal she killed around her, all staring into her. "Would you go away if i died?" she questioned, no reply as they always gave, before that familiar deer walked forward, her first kill "No, we are eternal with you" it said in a cold voice. She would laugh and look down to the river "Then if i die i gain nothing but hell" she said laughing, a grin on her face "Then i will kill, if i cannot get rid of you by dying, i will send more to you and maybe they will help" she said dragging her scythe through each of them.

She was stronger, though she was worn out, though she was at her limits, she pressed forward walking in the direction the trees seemed to point her to, she headed for a small town, inhabited by the happy humans living with their families, she walked alone, through those streets on the night she arrived, she walked past a group of girls. They were coming from a party, dressed up in their weird outfits, compared to her bloodied and stretched old ones. They mocked her, the black scythe invisible in the dark, she looked down and laughed nothing but hatred in her eyes, did her training mean nothing, she couldn't let them go unchallenged, looking down at her clothing ripped and torn those 3 scars on her stomach reminding her of her will to survive. She stepped through the street light her bloodied form visible to those girl as they screamed "I suffered to survive, you don't deserve it" she said one girl frozen in fear as the other ran such cowardice in them. It was a quick kill, she brought the scythe to the girls neck, slicing the skin and snapping the bone as that last look of fear stuck to her face, she smiled as she lent down and laughed "You don't mind if i borrow those clothes?" she asked poking the severed head "I knew you wouldn't" she said. That was how she obtained her outfit, she would have it for many years to come.

At nineteen Amaya was making news quite frequently, she had no picture, no information because of her past in the forest, she didn't exist but she was the one committing the murders or tortures as some would say, no victims, no witnesses just bodies in the streets that look of fear frozen on their faces as she committed the most frowned upon act of God and Man. She didn't care, nothing mattered, she just laughed every time. Every time she was alone the human's ghosts would call her names, make fun of her for not being strong enough to get rid of them, it drove her further into the depths of insanity, everything about her delved into the insanity as all she did was laugh, her legs pulled to her chest as she felt their daggers of hatred. Not even steel could pierce her as easily as those ghosts could, the curse that wrapped around her made them her biggest enemy. She eventually came to acquire a name by the people, 'The Embodiment of the Reaper" was what they called her, the only thing that people knew was she carried a scythe, the reason the forensic scientist had tested every steel made weapon until the found her murders were always with a scythe.

By the time she had been found and contacted by Death's Hand, she was delving into magic, her insanity driving her to torment the souls in her scythe further in revenge for the taunts they made against her in death. The two spells she eventually mastered were no question 'Resurrection and Reattachment" she would kill a person, revive them and kill them again, until they were beyond it's help, she would also take time, cutting off and arm or leg and reattaching it so she could leave perfect bodies for people to see. Before she became an assassin her kill count was pushing 47 victims, human at least. But once she joined with Death's Hand, she was racking up a higher count every week. When she sat waiting for her orders, she would rock in her chair away from others, holding her head or her knees quietly laughing, the victims laughing at her, tell her she was weak that she would never get rid of them. She found they would only go away when she fought, more than five minutes with them around she would go into a unstoppable rage, trying to kill them all, anyone caught in the crossfire would pay with their lives and add to the toll of ghosts haunting her.

Weapon:
Name: Shibuki
Weapon Type: Scythe
Reason: The grim reaper uses one, I like the grim reaper.
Color: Black handle, Shining Polished Black Steel Blade.
Curse: Causes the souls of the wielders victims to haunt them for eternity
Special Effects: Occasionally the scythe will speak, using the voice of the most cared about victim, wielders generally avoid caring about anyone to not activate more suffering for them.
Victim who would torment Amaya: Lucille Valindara
Reason: Amaya's closest thing to caring is wearing the girl's clothing, at first such a practice would not engage the effect but after 3 years it has become enough.

Scythe's Persona:
Name: Lucille
Race: Human
Role: Most Influential Ghost
Description: Lucille was just 17 when she met Amaya for the first time, the encounter didn't last long, she is embodied in the scythe Shibuki as Amaya's most cared for victim through the ongoing wearing of her clothing. Throughout her time with Amaya she has been a driving force in making her keep killing, in revenge for killing her Lucille wishes to push Amaya further into the negative karmic scale dropping her further into the depths of hell in her afterlife. Lucille wished for Amaya to keep killing adding to the burden she carries with her through her curse.

Death's Hand
The Organization Amaya is currently an assassin for, controlled by Kira Anamari. Primarily underground and unknown they conduct any manner of shady deaing, from contract killers to stolen goods. Formed as a way to get Amaya to work for Kira in a bid to send her to hell.

Death's Hand Important Members:
Name: Kira Anamari 
Demon Name: Reikon Karite (Soul Reaper) 
Race: Demon (Collector of Souls)
Role: Direct Commander
Description: He is the one who gives Amaya her contracts, directly controlling her to kill whoever he wants, intent on pushing the girl further into her insanity to forge her into a perfect weapon, he is constantly pushing her to take on more contracts each day, through his persuasion he has pushed Amaya into taking up to 4 in a single day.
Hidden Agenda: Unknown to the rest of his followers besides his consort Karia, he is in secret a demon charged with pulling the already doomed Amaya into a layer of hell made by the denizens to fit her personally, her crimes fitting that of a demon she needs to be pulled down as soon as she dies guided by his hand to stop her landing in the Pool of Blood but into her own realm of hell.

Name: Karia 
Race: Demon (Succubus)
Role: Treasurer/Intelligence Gathering
Description: She is the consort of Kira, she serves him in anything he wants or needs to do, helping him fulfill his orders from the lord of hell, currently she gathers the location and name of contracts specifically for Amaya, Kira wanting to challenge her limits and get her killed in the process, finding suitable targets to match her in abilities and possibly kill her.

Name: Erie Valentine
Race: Feline (Anthro)
Role: Observer
Description: Commander of the more higher up combat groups, when not in combat with other enemy forces, she is assigned with watching to see how Amaya is progressing, interested in her fighting abilities and what she can do when under pressure. With Kira they have been watching her fight stronger and stronger contracts seeing how far her limits can be pushed.

Name: Aya Shimaru 
Race: Human
Role: Information Gathering (Traitor/Spy Finder)
Description: Charged with finding out where Amaya came from, currently she has discovered the forest were Amaya grew up, currently documenting all of the pieces of her mind and attempting to place them in the time-line of when she started losing her mind to the moment she left the forest..

Dies Irae

Reimi my second character, different style of biography than i usually do but it worked out well.

Name:
Reimi

Nickname:
Experiment 0

Race:
Android

Apparent Age:

Personality:
Reimi is a highly curious person, after her memory was wiped to remove her emotions she has had to learn what she had previously making her very curious to almost anything. When in battle she becomes a very serious person almost like a split personality between in and out of combat. While she has the capabilities to go up against anyone without trouble her unpredictable body can cause her to have trouble in even the smallest fight. Though through this she is incredibly trusting to people she meets, highly loyal and protective to an almost dangerous level, even if they are wrong she will follow and protect them until she feels otherwise.

Biography:
Power Activated...
Systems Online...
Please Enter Login Information...
Username: HiatechMaster
Password: ***********
Please Wait...
Login Succesful...
Please Select Text Log...
(↲ to select, ← to return, navigate with arrow keys)
Text Log 000, Creation
Text Log 001, Development
Text Log 002, Defects
Missing Data, Attempting to locate.
Data Found.
Text Log: 011, Partnership
Text Log: 021, Reconstruction
Text Log: 023, Termination.
Input Succesful, Copying Files to External Drive...
Copy Successful...
Termination Sequence Input...
Succesful, Destroying Files...
File Deletion Success...
Self-Destruction Code Input...
Successful...
Goodbye, HiatechMaster...
------

Text Log 000, Creation:
This is the first recording to be made on Experiment 0, under approval and funding given by the higher ups of Hiatech we have been authorized to begin creation on our weapon.
To increase stability and safety of the weapon we have planned to create this in the form of a human female, if successful we will create another and test the capabilites of an advanced system in the form of a human male.
My name is Shibu Hiroshi, Lead Technician on this project.
We have no idea if this will be successful but we must try for the good of our world this war is imminent she will protect us.

Basic design will give her the ability to fly, to be excellent in close range and long distance combat, we are confident she will be our greatest tool.
We may add further modifications as she is built, whether or not she will be able to handle this is up to the synthetic brain we designed.
I am interested in seeing her capabilites, more so if she even makes it past the testing phase.

We will begin soon, i hope she can be ready for testing within two years, we can only hope.

Shibu Hiroshi.
Lead Technician.
Experiment 0 project.

End Log.

Text Log 001, Development:
Creation of the weapon has gone smoothly, she is in full operation though progress has been slow.
She seems to hold the same attributes of a newborn child, it has taken 3 weeks to get her walking, progress is going smoothly though.
In a matter of weeks she should be able to run and do basic things, we hope to be able to have her reading and writing by next month.
If she continues slower we may have to override the brain to take in information quicker but doing so would diminish her capabalities on the battlefield.
I am planning to talk to the company head who authorized this project at the next report period, perhaps they will let us progress her at the pace we are now.

I'm finding it hard to keep these logs small, this is an amazing breakthrough for us and containing confidental information is a challenge.
Some of our technicians have grown fond of the girl it seems, she is very likeable perhaps its the childlike wonderment she shows towards everything, i must remind them that she is a weapon not a person.

I must end this here, her next session is approaching, the next report will be in 3 months.

Shibu Hiroshi.
Lead Technician.
Experiment 0 project.

End Log.

Text Log 002, Defects:

This is a very bad thing, we have discovered bugs within her system throughout her physical training, she has been feeling pain, this is most undesirable.
We cannot understand how this is possible we gave her no emotions, she is just a weapon nothing more, i must investigate if our younger technicians have been compromising her.
That is not the biggest problem yet, so far she is seeming to have glitch after glitch, we fix one thing and something else is wrong.
It is time we took her testing stage further, we cannot find anything that is causing these problems with her movement or brain, perhaps it is due to her combat modifcations we must see.

This is problematic to say the least, the company heads will not be pleased with this development if she doesn't start showing signs of being glitch free she will be terminated.
I am starting to grow attached to my creation, i couldn't bear to see all this hard work we have put in to this be declared a failure.
Her testing will increase, we will begin combat training as soon as possible, even if she feels pain we must find the cause.

Shibu Hiroshi.
Lead Technician.
Experiment 0 project.

End Log.

Text Log 012, Partnership:

This is a most pleasing record, we have alleviated her problems with feeling pain for the most part which is a big step.
Currently we have attached her to a mercenary in our employ, he will make sure she gets combat testing in real situations.
She is showing surprising progress at an amazing rate with her combat abilities though she still needs work.
Its somewhat nice to see our creation almost like our daughter grow so well, i think i'm feeling bad calling her Experiment 0, i must think of a name for her.

Hmm, i think i will name her Reimi, perhaps that will suit her for now, yes that is quite good.
Its coming up on 4 years since we've been in operation with her, she is amazing to watch in training, we have outdone ourselves.
Our first report with her partner is in a few hours, i can't wait to see how her first battle went.

Shibu Hiroshi.
Lead Technician.
Experiment 0 project.

End Log.

Test Log 021, Reconstruction:
Things have taken a turn for the worst, Remi has take excessive damage in a mission with her partner, on top of that we have reason to believe she has developed emotions, a personality as well.
We have taken her for maintenance, at least she thinks so, we are going to wipe her memory drive in hopes to get rid of her emotional development.
This may erase everything we have worked for in ways of development if we erase to much, hopefully we can erase only her time with her partner but we can't guarentee this.

This is the shortest record i've written, perhaps it is my own emotions keeping me from being professional, I'm uncertain.
I hope all goes well and she will reset to befor eher partner, we must find a suitable mentor to keep her under control.

Shibu Hiroshi.
Lead Technician.
Experiment 0 project.

End Log.

Text Log 23, Termination:
This is the last of my records for Reimi, or rather the failed experiment 0, she has developed worse since the memory wipe.
In the time with her new partner she has been useless, she has lost control of her abilities I blame us for this.
In any case the company has deemed her to expensive to keep in operation, with the war being declared we can't hope to have her ready before we are attacked.

I saw her as my daughter, a growing child but in the end she became a failure, she will be detroyed when she returns from her mission, then we will pack up and leave for safety.
I'm sorry Reimi but this is for the best, you can't live in this world as you are.
As for her former partner, I hope you do not hold a grudge against us, it is you who made her like this.
This may be my last record of my life, if anyone reads this tell my family I love them.
If they aren't already dead.

Shibu Hiroshi.
Lead Technician.
Experiment 0 project.

End Log.

Abilities
Main Weapon: Her Hands
Secondary: Throwing Knives
Extra Abilities: Mechanical arms.
In exchange for superior speed and mobility, Reimi was equipped with two mechanical arms on her back in place of the originally plan thruster pack to allow flight. Helping her to climb or fight multiple opponents they serve a useful purpose in battle, after the memory wipe she has lost the ability to activate them at will, only coming out in extreme situations such as fighting or when she is pushed to a high emotional level.

On top of these weapons, she is capable of attaining high speeds on foot, her eyesight is much above humans while her synthetic brain allows her to calculate at a higher rate than a normal mind, making her a deadly opponent on the battlefield.

Defects:
From her original blueprints, she was not designed to feel pain, she was designed to be able to fight until the opponent was dead and take extraordinary amounts of damage the exception being her brain being destroyed. Over time spent with her first partner she also began to mimic his emotions, learning to feel all human emotions, her memory being wiped she cannot feel emotion but the pain reception remains.

Dies Irae

Lyca De Orel, A character for a roleplay with Talin.

Name:
Lyca De Orel

Title:
Knight of the Empress

Race:
Vampire

Apparent Age:

Appearance:
Hair Color- Black
Hair Length- Short to his shoulders, tied at the back a pnytail reaching his mid back.
Hair Style- Aside his ponytail, his hair is rarely unkempt, it may look messy occasionally covering his eyes.
Eye Color- Blood Red
Clothing- Reference

Changes to clothing- Armband is white instead of red, white trim on clothes are red instead of white.

Personality:
Lyca is a very motivated person, under the command of The Empress of The Vampire Empire he serves his missions with the drive to get it done, when he cares about someone he is highly protective of them. His persona in the Empire city is cold and stern, acting like the knight he is, but when he is out on his own he tries to have more fun with things but keeps his head cool and often takes things to serious treating many everyday situations like if he was on a mission for the Empress. Taking his own enjoyment out of the picture he tries to keep people in good spritis usually forsaking his own fun for his friends and family. When in the presence of the Empress or the council members he is well mannered and respectful, keeping quiet and following their orders quickly. To his brethren in the military he is a fantastic leader and kind helpful person, he has a reputation among the military for his drive to never leave fallen comrades behind in battle.

Backstory:
To come soon.

Dies Irae

Name:
Lucas Shibimaru

Siblings:
Rena Shibimaru (Younger Sister)

Personality:
Lucas is a focuses individual, protective over his little sister and striving to give her the best life he can with what he has, without parents Lucas has become a strong willed and driven person all for his sister, In school he likes to have fun and joke around but always looks to completing any work before being like that, looking to be a rolemodel for his sister he often gives her a hard time about her prioritys with her constant playing of The World V3, being kind hearted his discipline is usually discarded quickly. With his work life he is focused but friendly, working in customer service he tries to be kind to those he meets, like he is outside of both school and work, keeping a smile on his face and being a mediator for his friends and even other peoples disputes his friends often turn to him for advice or to vent to a kind ear who would listen.

Backstory:
To come soon.

Dies Irae

Name:
Aries

Title:
The Red Reaper

Personality: (Not applicable if use in .hack// or virtual world settings)
Aries is fueled by her love for fighting, often being confused with someone who would be a minimal threat she has a high temper when anyone talks to her like she is powerless or weak, often breaking into a rage when someone tells her things like she shouldn't be fighting with the big boys, or she should be working in a kitchen or being a wife. Showing her weaknesses only to those closest to her she often feels lonely with little interaction between people because of her reputation, she wouldn't admit she feels the need for companionship to anyone but she often feels tears come when she is on her own. Loyalty is a trait people have come to know her for, for a price, she is often hired to be a body guard or contract killer because of her fighting prowess, though in some cases her loyalty to the highest bidder has come to bite her with being betrayed or having a debt she owed a long time ago ask to be paid before she would get her payment. Extremely Defiant even when she is under orders in a battle situation with many people or under orders from someone she doing a job for she often defies the order and does it her own way for her enjoyment, even if the backlash of the defiance is severe.

Backstory:
To come soon.