News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

Driving Skills: DO YOU HAVE THEM?

Started by TakodaVega, July 09, 2011, 01:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TakodaVega

This is more a rant topic on my end but it can lead to a serious need for discussion. Mainly because there are tv shows dedicated to how BAD you are on the road way, {and possibly MULTIPLE seasons of it as seen in Canada's verison} and doesn't take into effect that some of these people shouldn't be able to HAVE a licence. There is no way in hell I would have passed these people.

BUT different countries do different tests. What brought this up is somewhere in the Netherlands a host of one of these shows (and consequently in the US apparently) got run over by one of the contestants.

I don't know how experienced [or inexperienced] most of the people on the forum are but I think I can the the difference between the BRAKE and the GAS. Especially since should make you noticeably go faster.

So the question is what are some of the things you do that are bad while driving? I can think of a few, but I don't think I could, I dunno, run a human being over with my car. I have some pet peeves with drivers as is. Those who don't use a TURNING SIGNAL bother me. I mean people, it's there on a safety inspection (If you have them in your state/country) I think those are kinda important in the safety category.
Only in our sweetest lullaby do we realize how forsaken we are...
Because we're living in a fairy tale of lies.

Xavirne

Oh god, I flip poop when people don't use their blinker!  It drives me crazy.  I will go out of my way to say, "And turn your blinker on to go right."  I also hate when people don't buckle up.  It's a state law here in NY.  Those who don't do it, just irritate me.  I'm like, IT'S THE DAMN LAW, FOLLOW IT!

Anyway, I must say my "naughty-naughty" is texting at stop lights or trains.  I also change the radio way too much.