News:

We're all part of a story, part of tale - but no one remembers how it began...

Recent posts

Open Roleplay / Re: Hogwarts- 2017
Last post by GreenWolf - September 17, 2017, 11:23:20 PM
Thistle pushed his plate away, stuffed to the proverbial gills.  "Oh gods, it gets better every year.  I don't think I can eat anymore."  He leaned back on his bench, lifting his goblet of pumpkin juice because there was always room for drinks.  "I'm going to have to start working on my broom when we get up to the tower.  What do you think the odds are of keeping people from fucking with it?"  He asked honestly, glancing back and forth between Rowan and Clive.  It was William Boggles, on the other side of the table, that answered him though, a mouth full of turkey and mash potatoes threatening to unload with his words.

"Wut?"  He managed to swallow before continuing, thankfully, "Roit, mate, last t'ing 'ats gunna 'appen is some'un fuckin' wit' yer shite.  Grey Lady'll 'ave their 'eads, she will.  Mark mah words.  'Ey all know she sweet on you, ain't gunna keep'a secret, she ain't."  He was huge, almost as big as Thad was, but with darker, olive tones and black hair cut to be parted, but usually beneath a cap of some sort.  He was one of their Beaters.

Clive boggled at Boggles, "Christ Billy," he swore, leaning over the table, "How in the hell did you get picked to be in Ravenclaw?"  It wasn't a common question to be asked, in fact, could often be considered quite insulting, like being told you didn't belong.  Billy Boggles, however, didn't care.  Before he could reply, Rowan chimed in.

"What?  Fuck Clive, I never took you for a self hating Nerd.  Judgemental much?  I'm only still in Transfigurations cause of Billy helping me through it, ain't that right Boggleboo."  She beamed a smile at Billy that was both charming and sarcastic.  "And the Grey Lady isn't sweet on him, they're just friends.  You think everyone who smiles at you in Diagon Alley is looking to get in your pants instead of just your wallet, mate."

"It be mah In-duh-vid-gi-ality, Cliver."  Billy made a scrunchy face, "An don' be callin' me that shite, Row-Row, Gun git the first years doin' it."

Thistle considered their words, it was true, the Grey Lady and him had been friends since year one, well ... three.  She was curious about the American, and he was always off by himself in the beginning.  He found a secret room in the tower, just a small little forgotten place, but it had a window ... And they would chat about all sorts of things.  After the accident, she wouldn't leave his bedside until he woke again, only then returning to wandering with other ghosts and joining in at meals.

Well, speak of the devils.  It was like talking about them had summoned them to the Feast as all the ghosts began to wander in through the walls and halls.  They had missed the sorting ceremony. 
Last post by YamiNoTenshi22 - September 17, 2017, 10:34:28 PM
Keavy listened to some of her now fellow Hufflepuffs, learning about the several new teachers that she is going to be learning from. Her bread finished she finally decided to get herself a plate full of Ham, Mash Potatoes, and some Corn before sitting herself down.

"So where do we get our schedules?" She asked Syvanna before taking a fork full of ham and eating, enjoying the glaze flavor in her mouth.

"Hmm? Oh! Those are going to be on your bed when you get up there, did you take any electives and such? Otherwise, you are going to have a shit ton of free time. That's going to be taken up by the piles of homework that is given to us by the overlords that are our Professors." Keavy only rolled her eyes as she nodded, it did make sense, but partly she hoped she did have classes with Thistle.

"And yes, we have classes with Ravenclaw so stop your worrying."

Keavy quickly turned her neck, almost too quickly to the point that a sharp pain stabbed her nape as she winced, but ignored it. "I wasn't worried. I wasn't even thinking about that."

"Yea, uh huh. And I'm the fucking Queen of England." Syvanna mocked as Keavy gasped in awe.

"Your Majesty! I didn't know! Your royal Highn-ass!" Keavy mocked back making Syvanna take her clean butterknife and knighted Keavy, "I shall knight thee as Sir NoShitSherlock."

"I'm so honored." Keavy laughed making the students laugh with them before one younger Hufflepuff had to pipe in with a question as to who exactly Sherlock was. Thus, making Keavy break into her nerd knowledge.

Open Roleplay Bios / Re: Hogwarts 2017 (Bios)
Last post by YamiNoTenshi22 - September 17, 2017, 10:12:20 PM
Keavy's School Schedule

Weekday/Time Schedule for remainder of the school year. MondayTuesdayWednesday ThursdayFriday
7am
Breakfast & MailBreakfast & MailBreakfast & MailBreakfast & MailBreakfast & Mail
8am
9amCharmsTransfigurationCharmsQuidditch PracticeCharms
10amCare of Magical CreaturesDefense Against the Dark ArtsDefense Against the Dark ArtsDefense Against the Dark ArtsCare of Magical Creatures
11am
12amLunchLunchLunchLunchLunch
1pmPotionsAppariationPotionsAppariationPotions
2pmQuiddich Practice Free Period
3pmFrog ChoirFrog ChoirFrog ChoirFrog ChoirTransfiguration
4pmHerbologyInterpersonal
Relations
HerbologyInterpersonal RelationsHerbology
5pmDinnerDinnerDinnerDinnerDinner
6pmQuidditch Practice AlchemyCare of Magical CreaturesTransfigurationAlchemy
7pmFree PeriodFree Period
8pmFree PeriodFree PeriodFree PeriodFree PeriodQuiddich Practice
9pmFree PeriodFree PeriodFree PeriodFree PeriodFree Period
10pmFree PeriodFree PeriodFree PeriodFree PeriodFree Period
11pmFree PeriodFree PeriodFree PeriodFree PeriodFree Period
12pmCurfew CurfewCurfewCurfewCurfew
Last post by GreenWolf - September 17, 2017, 09:41:31 PM
Thistle couldn't hear what the two girls were saying to each other, but he'd been watching Keavy closely enough to notice her excitement at the idea of students not being permitted in the Forbidden Forest.  He groaned inwardly, expecting to have to drag her out of there one day, kicking and screaming, but he kept his composure until Rowan elbowed him in the gut. 

"Quit staring, creeper."  She hissed at him, trying to be funny, but if she was going for a whisper, she failed.  At least the small group surrounding them had heard and were alternately giggling through guffawing, depending on the student.  "She's still going to be here tomorrow, and the day after."  In his head, Thistle laughed.  He heard Kevin Bacon from Stir of Echoes saying, "And the day after, and the day after, and the day after!" repeatedly, but he kept the joke to himself as neither Rowan nor Clive would understand.  Not many movie watchers in the Magical World of Hogwarts.  "Seriously, you're going to scare away the new girl."

He shook his head, "It's not like that, Rowan.  She was my best friend in Ilvermorny."  He offered a shrug of his shoulders.  It had been a long time ago, but the first two years of school together, they'd really teamed up and built a bond.  The food had begun appearing and Thistle was already helping himself to pumpkin juice.

"Oooooooh!  She's the Keavy you used to go on about?"  She rolled her eyes, but laughed, "I should have guessed.  Ok, Romeo.  That's sort of sweet.  Your Juliet probably adores the attention."

"-!"  He choked, coughing pumpkin juice!  It didn't come out of his nose, but then, he still had his goblet up covering his face so who knew how much he backwashed.  "Jesus Row.  You know they both kill themselves at the end."

She shrugged her shoulders, breaking off a turkey leg before one of the savages around them got to it first,  "Did they?  I flunked out of Muggle Studies.  Totally Trolled it on my O.W.L.s."

The conversation died as they all began to dig into the lavish spread provided by the magical house elves in the kitchens below.
Last post by YamiNoTenshi22 - September 17, 2017, 08:44:31 PM
Keavy quickly dashed over to where Syvanna waited for her with open arms, like a beacon that leads the ship out on the sea. Except the sea was more of an organized horde of students. Still, she was able to get to Syvanna easily and hug her tightly all the same. Secretly she was wanting to be in Ravenclaw but, it would be impossible for her to get into a house that required her to be as smart as Thistle. Even when the two were children she couldn't even compare herself to the boy.

Her eyes caught Thistle's, giving him a small sad pout as she raised her shoulders in apology. Although, she probably knew she would be in a different house anyhow since she was in a different house back at their old school. Perhaps the old torn hat knew that and had taken it into account? Perhaps a question for a later discussion.

She looked over at the Headmistress, listening to her as the elder spoken to them of the usual rules- or she figured it was the usual rules. That was until she heard about the Forbidden Forest; ears and eyes perked up as she looked over to Syvanna. "Ooh, sounds exciting."

"You're an idiot. There's a reason why it's called Forbidden, she just said there are things that can and will kill you. You did hear that right?" Syvanna laughed, making Keavy giggle as well.

It was soon time for the Great Feast making the food appear before them as she sighed in content, "God, finally- I'm hungrier than a wolf." Reaching over for some Pumpkin Bread and butter she began her meal.

Fan-Based Roleplay / Re: Fallen Leaves - Broken Dre...
Last post by SweetSerenade - September 17, 2017, 04:13:53 PM
"I do not believe my father was one of the Fair Folk, considering his health was already deteriorating from Cancer by the time he got into the car accident that drove him off the bridge." Aisling said softly as she shifted in the water, her cheeks flushing as she realized he was staring at her. His words about not covering herself made her shiver, shifting in the waters and trying to keep herself from feeling too strange about it all. Her eyes did catch the strange bulging shape on his lower torso, but she didn't look for long before turning her gaze away and blushing. She crossed one arm over her breasts, as she kept her other hand extended to him. "I don't like them... and most of them still hurt..." She admitted as she looked down at the markings on her torso.

There was already gross bruises forming on her waist from earlier, where her step-father had gripped her while trying to enter her. She felt dirty, used, and she shivered as she felt his fingers slowly wrapped around hers and he pulled her into the water closer to him. She had to bite back the urge to cry as she remembered those slickened fingers probing her and touching her, her head shaking as she pressed her other hand over her mouth. "S-sorry... I wasn't... I wasn't expecting someone as sweet as you." She admitted this as he kissed her knuckles, making her flush a little.

Her fingers wrapped around his as she allowed herself to float in the water. "I will be careful about using them then so that I cause minimal harm to the wonderful network of creatures you protect." She said as she bit her lip and shivered a little. "I do need to wash though... so I will at least have to do that. My clothes are easy to change, and I have other supplies." She mused as she lost herself to thinking with the creature was so close to her. She did not seem to mind The Corsair being as close as he was, in fact, it was calming and energizing for her.

He was sweet, and rather charming - she had to give him that. Her cheeks flushed as his finger rolled across the back of her hand. Shivering as she felt a strange rush of energy from the simple contact. "I find yours comforting as well." She said softly, a flush on her cheeks as she squirmed from the strange sensations rushing through her. His sweetness, his charm, the loneliness that she could relate to. A creature like him, like her, all alone for so long. She had grown up - after her father's death - with few to rely upon. She had been alone, neglected, for so long in her teenage years, that she had almost forgotten how to trust and care for others.

Almost, but not quite. She had never forgotten to be the loving daughter her father had taught her to be. No matter what happened to her.

"I... I know the story, I seek the kiss that brings protection for the one that recieves it. I'm willing to barter touch for that access. Like what we are doing now? You need to hold another close and just enjoy their presence. I'm alright with that." She whispered as she moved closer to him in the water. Her other hand coming up to press to his chest, feeling that strange electrical shock again that brought a sharp intake of breath with it. "Perhaps... you'd like to help me wash?" She said finally, unsure if it was the right step, but it was definitely a step in her trying to learn to overcome the trials of her past.

She felt his tendrils moving against her legs and she did not shiver away from them, instead she accepted them - accepted him.
Last post by GreenWolf - September 17, 2017, 04:05:09 PM
Thistle chuckled as Keavy burst out into Trekky excitement, but he placed his hand upon her forearm, digit tips lightly grazing the skin as he corrected her gently.  "No, no.  Not Star Trek." His smile was restrained, not laughing at her, but having known what she would assume ahead of time.  Drawing his hand away was difficult.  "From Sleepy Hollow.  His name is Mr. Abraham Van Brunt, after the unrequited hero of the story.  They called him Brom Bones, so I just shorten it to Bones."  As talk turned towards his father, the laughter fades as his face darkened.  In truth, his father had never forgotten his mother, after he began his new family.  He loved Thistle, just as much as he always had, but he'd promised Siobhan he'd move on with his No-Maj life and that required keeping Thistle's secret.  His mistake, was in not explaining it to Thistle, who thought his father hated him.  Thistle explained that he wasn't going back, not ever.  Even if he ends up living on the streets every summer.

Thistle wasn't as worried about Thad.  His almost death had been an accidental side effect, that had been assured to him by McGonagall.  If it had been a purposeful attempt on his life, there would have been sterner consequences than a lost match and a lost house cup.  He seemed relaxed and calm, when he watched them chatter away, a soft smile on his face like he knew some secret the rest of the world didn't know.  As they left to change, he changed right in the booth.  A minor spell, flick and swish, and the windows were now one way mirrors so no one could see inside.  By the time they returned, he was wearing his robes along with the colors of his house and the House Ravenclaw bird emblem. He greeted them warmly, each time his eyes fell upon Keavy, he felt like he was dreaming.  "I still can't believe you're here.  It's my favorite surprise I've ever received."

Departing the train was a process, but Thistle didn't seem to mind the wait and unlike most, wasn't in any particular hurry and whiled the time away speaking to her of the four houses.  "I'm so excited to find out which house you'll end up with.  Hopefully you're with Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff."  He said with a grin, though of course, he would prefer her in his own house.  He seemed to know everyone, or rather, everyone seemed to know him and greeted him familiarly, though he may not have even known their names.  "Celebrity through Tragedy." he explained.  Quidditch players were often popular already, as there was only so many places on a team.  "Everyone knows of me, and it looks like even the first years have heard."  He greeted them all friendly enough, though it was the invisible Thestrals that he seemed most happy to visit with, and he moved closer to them, his kitten perched upon his shoulder.

"I don't find them so terrifying to look at, though I wouldn't wish to meet an angry one."  He reached out with one hand, then both, stroking the creatures few of the students could see.  As she seemed so excited, and distraught for Chicachi, he distracted her by explaining to Keavy where he was petting them.  There was no need for her to ask, or offer sympathies, as she'd long known he'd been with his mother when she passed away.  Soon enough, they were inside the carriages and Keavy was rambling in excitement.  Most of the questions were directly for Syvanna, but as they spoke of his hometown, he seemed surprised.  "Haha, I thought I'd mentioned North Tarrytown.  It's been Sleepy Hollow since before I was born, I think.  I just don't use it because no one believes me if I say I'm from Sleepy Hollow."

They stayed together as long as they could, moving among the crowd as a group of three, until eventually, "I need to go to my house tables, so does Chicachi, but we'll be watching with fingers crossed."  He pointed out where she would need to wait, to be sorted, and advised, "Professor McGonagall can seem quite stern and rigid, a regular stickler, but she really is a big sweetheart.  Don't think she approves of what's happened with Gryffindor since she became Headmistress and left the house, but who can say, really."  As they parted, and how he wished they didn't have to, he noticed McGonagall's eyes had found them and he couldn't help but wonder, based on her blank face, why he thought he was sure she had somehow heard him, or knew what he said.

He cheered for Keavy when the hat called out, "Hufflepuff," though there was a part of him that was disappointed, he knew her too well to think she'd have ended up in his own house.  Or, at least he used to.  He had known her better than she had known herself, way back when, and so when the hat had mumbled about courage and cunning, he had not been surprised.  Gryffindor or Slytherin would have been lucky to have her, but at heart, she was better suited for Hufflepuff.  He wondered idly if the hat ever did make mistakes with who it put where.  He watched as Syvanna rose up, knees on the bench, waving with both hands to draw Keavy towards the open space beside her, and smiled.  She couldn't have asked for a better guide anymore than Thistle could have suggested one.

The first years began to be sorted, always somehow, at least somewhat, even distrubuted among the houses.  That was another odd thing, and he believed there must have been a reason for it, that there was never a majority of the kids going to any one house rather than another.  What ensured such diversity, or was it that they all could go into any house, but the hat made judgments based on other, more practical, factors?  He would like a chance to speak with it again, one day, and perhaps, he could find out.  He said as much to Rowan and the slightly chubby Clive Gaiman, both of whom were bookending him on the bench.  Clive had been digging out three boxes of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans and three Chocolate Frogs, passing them to Thistle.  Rowan laughed and shook her head, but Clive seemed to consider it a moment before shaking his mop of oily black locks and replying, "I think you're right, that we are all made up of all the traits.  Take us, for example, I could have easily ended up in Slytherin, Rowan in Gryffindor, but there are dominant traits that stick out.  Thanks again, for the help.  I'm sorry I couldn't get these to you before last year ended."

"No worries, mate."  Thistle replied cordially, stashing the candy in his messenger bag.  Clive was still nodding his head, the look in his grey eyes, behind those thick, square lenses. showed he was still considering what he'd said, even after having stated it, but the ceremony was finished and the feast was about to begin.  Thistle's cerulean blues found Keavy and Chicachi laughing at something, and he smiled, idly petting the sleeping kitten in his lap.  This was going to be a great year.
Last post by YamiNoTenshi22 - September 17, 2017, 12:13:29 AM
Keavy only shook her head in small dismay when she learned about Squeaker. "Oh god... I'm gonna miss Squeaker. Was such a good Rat, and soo cute!"  She then looked down at the kitten seeing the tiny thing between them as she gave a giant smile. She couldn't help it, she loves animals- especially when things were small and still in their early stages of life. When Thistle had told her of the name she could only gasp loudly making her squeal in delight as she petted Bones gently.

"Ooh, you are so cute! And you're just like my favorite McCoy! Yes, you are! Yes, you are!"

Too bad her joy was soon turned to a slight frown when Thistle told her the reference wasn't from Star Track but in fact from Sleepy Hollow. Making her bite her lower lip as she gave him a shy smile.

"I-I knew that. Well, either way, Bones is still cute, plus it will help Askhim stay young. God knows this old fart is finally starting to act like an old grump at times."

When Thistle started to apologize about his distance she only shook her head, "Hey, it takes two to tango bud. Plus we were so busy I couldn't expect you to write to me every single day. I mean when I heard your dad said Military school I sort of... Got pissed. Well, more hurt really." Shaking her head she looked over at Syvanna as the subject changed to her accents making them all laugh allowing her to feel better than what she had before.

But one thing lingered in her mind. Thad. Keavy didn't know rather she had the patience to deal with the boy's ignorance on his bullying. And the story that Syvanna and Thistle told her, she felt frightened and angered at Thad's actions. Thinking back she had noticed that Thistle was already by her side, helping her by blocking 's Thad's path to her. Wand or no wand, Keavy can easily take him out no problem and judge by the fair skin he seems the type that had that silver spoon in his mouth all his life. The only thing that she would have to worry about was his build. The kid seemed almost like round pig- no, more of a hog with a steroid problem. All the more satisfying when she knocks him down a peg or two. Just as she was about to fist her hands, her thoughts going to a thousand ways in which she could plummet Thistle's bully Syvanna's voice chimed, almost angelic that made Keavy stop in her tracks.

"Well, I think you're going to love Hogwarts." Syvanna giggled, "After the train, we have to get to the Castle by the carriages so we're pretty much halfway there Keavy. Now, I think it's best if we get you suited up in your robes. There's a set of bathrooms for us ladies that we can use."

When Syvanna suggested about sharing a coach together Keavy only nodded in agreement, most of the other kids she noticed was nice but she didn't really feel like sticking around to talk to them past a greeting. So, once they changed robes, Syvanna's in Hufflepuff's and Thistle in Ravenclaw's they soon found themselves at the Hogsmeade Station.

"Sounds like an awesome plan! Thistle lead the way!" She quickly twirled her best friend forward and gently pushed him onward towards the carriages. Wanting to enjoy the company of someone new and her best friend without having people overhear them. As Thistle led them on, Keavy kept to his side looking back behind her, checking to make sure that no one would follow them. More specifically, Thad. The ginger head gave her rather cold vibes. Almost as if he was hunting Thistle down just to finish whatever was started between them.

As they finally made it to one of the carriages,  she only noticed, well,  just the carriages! Her blue eyes blinked as her head looked around the sides of the carriages before looking back at her two friends. "Um, what's exactly driving this thing?"

Syvanna smiled as she thumbed at the sunset air, "Thestrals can't be seen unless you've seen death. They're actually very gentle creatures but their appearance is haunting to look at."

"You can see them? I'm so sorry..." Keavy stated in a soft tone as they got on the top of the carriages, enjoying the cool air. Syvanna waved her hand. "It's not your fault- It was my Uncle who fell off our roof due to a heart attack. No one saw it coming really. That was over a decade ago."

Keavy nodded as she squirmed in her seat, changing into a different subject. "So, what's it like living under the Queen's Rule? Sure she's half Magic half Muggle-born but I find her rather a very interesting character of sorts. Oh! And what was it like before you guys had your Hogwarts letter? Did you guys go to a muggle school beforehand?" Keavy didn't mean to be so straightforward but the girl was very curious of the people in this foreign land. "This land," She started as she made a gesture towards the castle, "Is just so different than Minnesota, it's almost magical in its own right yet- so parallel to the beautiful waters and lands of Minnesota. Not to mention Ilvermorny. Right Thistle?"

She stopped herself before clearing her throat, "Sorry, Minnesota is where my home state is just below Canada."

Syvanna nodded with an 'Ahh' sound, now understanding what Keavy was saying, "So then is that where Thistle is from too? This Minniesoda?"

Keavy laughed as she shook her head, "Minnesota, and no- he was actually from New York state. I think... North Tarrytown? But it's actually been changed to Sleepy Hollow for tourists reasons. It's weird I know but we Murican's love our tourism!" She stated with an exaggerated face making Syvanna giggle. Keavy gave Thistle a soft shoulder bump as she looked up to see the giant old castle, it's light softening the castle in almost a dreamlike glow that made her feel excited. What sort of school was Hogwarts going to be for her? Keavy can only hope that it would be filled with memories, good memories. She looked back at Thistle and Syvanna and grinned brightly, feeling her heart pound as her excitement grew.

"I think a certain girl is getting excited." Syvanna teased as Keavy looked back at the Castle. If only they both knew...

The Great Hall was filled with children talking. Keavy standing among them as she sighed in slight embarrassment, she didn't like having to stand in line with them but she knew that wearing the normal school crest was standard unless you were sorted first. The four house tables were not yet covered with the Welcoming Feast, which she was told was normal until all the students were sorted into their houses first. The doors opened and in came Professor McGonagall, followed cautiously by a group of eleven- and two twelve-year-olds and finally Keavy. The other students looked excited to see just where the young kids would go to which house but when they saw Keavy- looks of confusion followed by snickers had made Keavy keep her eyes cast down. Professor McGonagall then went ahead of the students, fetching the tattered hat and old stool before coming back to the middle of the front of the house tables.

"All right students we have as you may notice, a transfer student. So, to get her properly sorted I shall call her up first. Come up Keavy Peig MacDónaill!" The elder woman's voice rang out making Keavy hurry up, her eyes blinking in confusion, she was told by Thistle that they did their sorting differently. And she didn't think their hat was that worn and tattered. Much less... Did they even wash this thing!? Still, she sat down quietly looking up at the elder witch all the while the woman smiled down at her.

"Now dear, it's not going to swallow you whole, it's just a hat."

"I'm not scared of a dumb hat. Just nervous." Keavy stated quietly as the Hat suddenly boomed his voice.

"AH! We have ourselves a very interesting and talented Witch! But... Not from Hogwarts? Hmm, where to place you... You're brave, I see that, and Ambitious. But... Overall, I shall place you in HUFFLEPUFF!" 

Last post by GreenWolf - September 16, 2017, 10:30:38 PM
Thistle wanted to hug her again, but it would have to wait, the moment was gone as he'd realized she was a trolley short of boarding.  Luckily, Syvanna arrived with said cart.  As far as saviors went, they could have done worse.  He was fond enough of Syvanna, as friends go.  "Hey Chicachi!" (Pronounced Chica-Chi)  He called out as she brought the cart over, loaded with Keavy's things.  "Thanks for the assist, mate."  He would have introduced them then, but Keavy stepped up and moved forward on her own, much to his surprise.  Where was that shy girl who used to be so quiet and nervous in public?  He couldn't help but smile brightly as she announced herself with her full name, middle included, and he chuckled softly.  Some zebras can change their stripes, it seems.

He let them get acquainted for the moment, but Syvanna reminded them of the boarding.  Always the responsible one.  "Head towards the middle.  There are always empty cars there.  They all tend to flock the front and back of the train for some reason."  He offered as he moved to get his own gear.  Leave it to Thistle to know how to keep as low key as possible.  Why rush when you knew where to go?  Askhim was poking at Bones still, so he left the two sharing his sweater for the walk over to the train.  They would be going to the same places anyway.  Storing the trunks was easy enough, and most of his other things.  After handing Askhim over to Keavy, by the time they boarded the train, he had only his messenger bag, a backpack, and his snoozing Kitten.

Just before finding a good cart, they turned to a "Hey, Downey!" coming from further towards the back.  "No replacement broom yet, huh?  What am I gonna break when we meet up in the next match?"  It was a larger boy, ginger hair was close cropped to his head and looked like it would be curly as sin if he let it grow out.  His face showed the evidence that he was slightly overweight, pasty pale flesh covered in freckles, but his body looked more muscle than anything.  He cut an imposing figure, even if he wasn't backed by what looked like half of Gryffindor.

Thistle had turned more towards him, his face darkening as that bright smile Keavy loved so much turned darker, the smirk looking dangerous.  He had gotten this way at Ilvermorny when he'd come across some kids picking on Keavy.  It hadn't been pleasant for any of them.  "Wind, Toad.  If I had to bet on it, I'd choose wind."  His hand had lowered to the side of his black jean-clad leg, hidden from view by his satchel, but the girls could see it clearly.  His fingers touched mid-thigh and a pocket that hadn't existed was suddenly there, his wand at the ready.  It wouldn't be needed though.

They didn't get the joke, and looked at him, and each other with confused glances, "Well ... That's rubbish, that is.  That doesn't even make sense, Downer.  Break wind?" Ginger was going to say something else, but his friends pulled him into an empty car they'd found.  The fact that Thistle had snorted into childish laughter didn't stop them from cutting off the chance for a confrontation.  There was still two whole school years left for fighting.

"That was Thad Hobday."  He explained to Keavy as they closed the door to the compartment.  He placed his Kitten down on the seat, along with his bag and messenger bag.  "Gryffindor knucklehead and a right Chav if you ask me.  Broke my broom in the last few minutes of the last game we played last year."  He paused, sitting beside Keavy, "Broke may be an understatement, he splintered the entire thing, destroyed it."  He shrugged his shoulder, not seeming to be bothered by it.  Syvanna, of course, had to go into the whole story, how Thistle had fallen from his post in front of the triple rings, but he'd been checked off his broom entirely.  It wasn't just Thad, who was a Chaser, but both Beaters as well, between the three of them, bits of broom showered down on the Ravenclaw goal side, and on Thistle's unconscious form.  It was an effective use of wands, one hell of a spectacle, and in the end, it also cost Gryffindor both the match and the house cup.  Everyone thought 'Thist,' as Syvanna called him, was dead, and yet Thist always tells it like it's just a broken old Nimbus.

It was much more interesting than Thistle's recounting of his wasted summer.  He moved around constantly, as if he were running from something.  He'd sleep a few days at different homes, spent a lot of time renting rooms, skulking around Diagon Alley.  Taught himself a lot, sure, he was always reading and fiddling with things, trying to find out the innate ways they worked.  Mentioned a new theory that Music could affect magic and that he had packed some Vinyl he'd gotten in a hopes to test it.  He'd need to find a working Victrola of course.  And there was the matter of a replacement broom, which he'd not purchased as most of his gold he'd put aside for the summer had ended up going to rent when he couldn't find enough places to crash.  "I'm not broke, or even poor.  Mom left me an account I never knew about, but I don't know how long it'll last, so I'm being careful."

"And Squeaker died, my Rat, early in the summer, which was hard.  I wasn't sure I was going to replace her, but when I saw Bones here," the kitten was sleeping on his lap and, sitting so close to Keavy, petting Bones was the only thing keeping him from trying to touch her hand with his pinky or something.  It was silly, but he felt lightheaded in a way he never expected, or experienced before.  "Well, I just melted.  If he'd been a girl, I'd have named him Keavy, which would have been awkward, now that you're here."  He said with a wide grin.  "And I couldn't be happier, by the way.  I ... I've tried to write.  So many times.  Most of the letters don't get finished, or got tossed in the fire."  He shrugged his shoulders, "Nothing ever seemed good enough to say."  He said, awkwardly walking through that last sentence, not sure if it even made sense.  "I AM sorry we lost touch, Keavy."  He nodded his head towards Syvanna, "Yeah, we did, Chicachi.  Keavy is the girl I told you about, from Ilvermorny."

He laughed along with the accent comments, "Only when she's speaking Ye Olde Worlde Englishe."  He said each word to enunciate the unneeded 'e' at the end.  "Ask her to speak Ireland-talk and there's no accent to be found."  At his own mockery, he faked an affronted look, but laughed after, "That's rubbish, Chicachi.  It's not our fault ya'll sound like you've been dropped on your heads too many times."